Thread: Shotty....

All Pro

Shotty....

I don't know....too many weird calls...It's not always going to look pretty but I'm sick of the gadget plays..Just throw it to Keller and Cotch..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    I don't know....too many weird calls...It's not always going to look pretty but I'm sick of the gadget plays..Just throw it to Keller and Cotch..
    Yea make the limited offense be more predictable.

Hall Of Fame
    He didnt change at all. A double reverse inside your own 10, running then throwing backed up with under a minute left in the half...

Some people will defend him on here but he's always sucked to me and he continues to suck more tonight. Too bad they didn't fire him along with Mangina.

All Pro
    It's meaningless really, but what the hell was he thinking at the end of the 2nd QTR?

On our 12 yard line, with 31 seconds remaining, he chooses to throw the ball..WTF?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
    It's meaningless really, but what the hell was he thinking at the end of the 2nd QTR?

On our 12 yard line, with 31 seconds remaining, he chooses to throw the ball..WTF?
    If it was the regular season, you would have a point, but it's preseason, at this point it's all about getting reps for your players and seeing what they can do. See how Clemens works the 2 minute offense, ect.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    If it was the regular season, you would have a point, but it's preseason, at this point it's all about getting reps for your players and seeing what they can do. See how Clemens works the 2 minute offense, ect.
    Yeah, I was fine with that, until Schotty called for a running play. It makes no sense. Then 20 seconds run off the clock, and he calls for a pass play. I don't get it.

Veteran

Gholston tonite....

Actually saw the "ghost" trying to get in on plays.

Speed and size at the combine mean nothing. Speed and size in practice mean nothing. Clearly the Ghost's problem is in a game he is just not used to the speed of the NFL. He's still tentative and recognition skills are "a step slow".
    In the NFL this means the play is past you. I admire Rex for trying to "pump" him up (and some wishful thinking on Rex's part), but Vern is not an instinctive player- he is thinking everything out and not using his athletic ability. This is like a pitcher trying to aim a ball and not just "throwing It".

Coaches have to play him on special teams, and in emergency situations- my last comment on the Ghost this season- on official bust. Make me eat my words.

All League
    I usually defended Shotty in the past here, but I did not like more than a few calls he made. Take it for what it's worth.

Veteran
    [i think that if this was a regular season game he would have run more. I was suprised how the jets ran. Jones Leon . Its also preseason so I dont know how much of the game plan is in just for show. QUOTE=bman;3221739]I don't know....too many weird calls...It's not always going to look pretty but I'm sick of the gadget plays..Just throw it to Keller and Cotch..[/QUOTE]

Veteran

In Schotty's defense..

..he probably called some plays in the interest of evaluating players, that he wouldn't normally call during the regular season.

Winning is very nice, but you need to evaluate players and the only way to do that is put the action towards them.

We now know what our receiving corp situation is now, don't we?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHiJetMan View Post
    ..he probably called some plays in the interest of evaluating players, that he wouldn't normally call during the regular season.

Winning is very nice, but you need to evaluate players and the only way to do that is put the action towards them.

We now know what our receiving corp situation is now, don't we?
    We knew that in OTAs

Banned
    I miss when people waited until the regular season to whine about things.

I should make a thread about that...but I won't.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    We knew that in OTAs
    We suspected that in the OTAs.

Preseason football......

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Chica me Tipo View Post
    I miss when people waited until the regular season to whine about things.

I should make a thread about that...but I won't.
    I don't get you. There's no way, you can deny our WR's (or lack thereof) being a HUGE issue right now.

Hall Of Fame
    the double reverse was UNFORGIVABLE!

It basically took the entire series away from Sanchez.