Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Collinsworth, Simms or Aikman? Who's better?

Collinsworth, Simms or Aikman? Who's better?

Although most of us liked and miss John Madden. I have always liked Cris Collinsworth. What a great replacement. I think he is one of the very best analysts on TV, if not the best. I don't know how to do a poll on this site, but I'd be curious to see which NFL color analyst would win. Collinsworth, Simms, Aikman or Jaws/Gruden?

All League
    I can't stand CC, guy is terrible.

All League
    I think all three are very good. Simms is probably the best though.

I have always been a big fan of CC. I have found that people either love him or hate him.

Overall I think he has the best voice. Very unique and perfect for the game

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

All three are good (although Collinsworth is a cocky bastard) but Aikman is the best. Most knowledge of the game, and explains his points clearly.

Of course I disagree. Collinsworth is very smart, articulate. Not afraid to disagree with the officials. I don't really follow these things, but I think he won several Emmy's for his broadcasting. Who is you favorite?

Quote Originally Posted by hendu24 View Post
    I can't stand CC, guy is terrible.

Veteran
    I find CC annoying too . . . way too sweeping in his comments. Aikman is good if a little dull. I have to give the nod to Simms, he really adds to the experience of watching a game and he tends to be more objective than CC.

All League
    I like Collinsworth in the booth but he comes off as a complete d-bag in-studio.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIROJET-WPB View Post
    Of course I disagree. Collinsworth is very smart, articulate. Not afraid to disagree with the officials. I don't really follow these things, but I think he won several Emmy's for his broadcasting. Who is you favorite?
    I usually like all Gators but this guy just annoys me. Just comes across as a NFL homer kinda like Salisbury used too. I like Aikman, but Gruden is becoming my favorite guy is awesome.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Buttle, and Joe Willie was good too.He never played favorites he called it like it was.

All Pro
    I like em all. Simms is my favorite. Admittedly, I haven't heard enough of Aikman.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I dont recall Collinsworth sayin anything positive tword the JETS ever. Not that we deserved it. I think hes a tool.

All Pro
    Simms... Collinsworth and Madden both sucked big time, but tonight Collinsworth is better than he ever has been

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BURGERMIKE View Post
    I dont recall Collinsworth sayin anything positive tword the JETS ever. Not that we deserved it.
    Actually last year when were 8-3 he jumped on the Jets bandwagon, said he thought we might make the Superbowl. Everyone else laughed at him, and then after we lost a few games he said "I feel like such a fool for believing in the Jets" LOL

Banned
    Collinsworth - I always liked him and never understood what the bashing was about.

Simms - ok commentator, nothing more nothing less.

Aikman - dreadful commentator and is an annoying Cowboy homer

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    All three are good (although Collinsworth is a cocky bastard) but Aikman is the best. Most knowledge of the game, and explains his points clearly.

Totally agree about CC..He does come across as being very cocky for someone who at best was a number #2 reciever in the league..I'd put Simms a notch above Aikman. Phil knows both the AFC and NFC, where Aikman is limited to the NFC..Simms is very fair when it comes to the Jets, which is Very Surprising for an ex Giant..Just look at how bias Carl Banks and others are...My perfect team doing games would be Ian Eagle and Phil Simms...Ian is the best play by play guy on any network imo. cant stand Jim Nantz..Just let him stick to golf, thats his nitch..Doing football is not.

Met Phil a couple of times over the years, and is a very down to earth nice guy.
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 09-10-2009 at 11:50 PM.

All League
    Collinsworth is arrogant, but probably provides the best analysis overall.

Aikman is ok--some good analysis, but definitely a Cowboys/NFC East homer, and about as exciting as watching paint dry.

I don't get the love for Simms. If his analysis is any indication, he has the same grasp of football as your average third-string Pop Warner QB, and he's the most insufferable slurper of star QBs this side of ESPN.

All League
    Simms.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIROJET-WPB View Post
    Although most of us liked and miss John Madden. I have always liked Cris Collinsworth. What a great replacement. I think he is one of the very best analysts on TV, if not the best. I don't know how to do a poll on this site, but I'd be curious to see which NFL color analyst would win. Collinsworth, Simms, Aikman or Jaws/Gruden?
    1. simms
    2. aikman
    3. collinsworth
    4. the other two don't even get listed

Of the three I like Aikman. Simms is not bad, but far from great. And I really dislike Collinsworth

Veteran
    I will say Simms also. However I think im saying him for the same reason everyone else is. weather they know it or not, He works for CBS. and FOX sucks @ everything