Thread: Shonne Greene ready to go!

All Pro

Shonne Greene ready to go!

News: The Newark Star-Ledger reports that Jets RB Shonn Greene (ribs) is "fine" for the team's Week 1 game at Houston. "We'll have the option of playing him or not, so that won't be an issue," Jets coach Rex Ryan said.
    Analysis: Greene was able to fully participate in practice on Friday and is poised to make his NFL regular season debut on Sunday at Houston.
    cbssportsline.com

What do you think is his role Sunday? I cant see him getting many carries but I would like to see what he can do.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    News: The Newark Star-Ledger reports that Jets RB Shonn Greene (ribs) is "fine" for the team's Week 1 game at Houston. "We'll have the option of playing him or not, so that won't be an issue," Jets coach Rex Ryan said.
    Analysis: Greene was able to fully participate in practice on Friday and is poised to make his NFL regular season debut on Sunday at Houston.
    cbssportsline.com

What do you think is his role Sunday? I cant see him getting many carries but I would like to see what he can do.
    I predict 3 carries for 8 yards. Its the Thomas/Leon Show for now...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... if the game is a blowout victory he sees the field in the 4th quarter ...

... otherwise not at all ...

l_j_r

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHiJetMan View Post
    I predict 3 carries for 8 yards. Its the Thomas/Leon Show for now...
    Great call, agreed, Leon and TJ for now. I hope we can slowly incorporate Greene into the rototaion and keep him fresh in case of injury or for a stretch run in bad weather when you really need 3 quality backs....

Hall Of Fame
    Mangini would never be this honest on an Injury

Veteran
    Personally I hope he gets goal line carries. Though I guess I never really got to see him in that role in the preseason.

I think Jones is terrible at the goal line, and almost anyone would be an improvement. Though maybe I'm still biased by 2007...

I would love to see Greene get a half dozen touches. Wouldnt it be nice to watch him bull doze a couple of 10-15 yd runs while knockin a few guys on their ass in the process. I mean I like TJ and all but I think we can use someone who doesnt go down on first contact.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Great call, agreed, Leon and TJ for now. I hope we can slowly incorporate Greene into the rototaion and keep him fresh in case of injury or for a stretch run in bad weather when you really need 3 quality backs....
    How is this a "great call"? Pretty obvious Greene will barely play this year unless there is a injury.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I have no idea at what point- but I predict he will be put in for one series on Sunday. If we run the ball as much as I think we will both TJ and Leon might need a breather at the same time. Also- Ryan came from a team that used the 3 back system well so it wouldn't surprise me at all.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ryan View Post
    How is this a "great call"? Pretty obvious Greene will barely play this year unless there is a injury.

I think you are wrong. I fully expect that he will be in the fourth quarter mix. Maybe not week one but his running style will be ideal with a lead against already worn-out defenders.