Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Our supposed weak link- WR

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    9,148

    Our supposed weak link- WR

    How about cotch and Stuck today? Both made some huge catches today.

    Cotch- 6/90
    Stuck- 4/64/1

    Big catches on 3rd down as well for both guys. I was very impressed.

  2. #2
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,924
    We may not be great at WR but we're certainly not bad. It looks like "average" may be enough at WR for this offense to function well and score some points.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    cape coral fl.
    Posts
    2,693
    that may very well be the case for us this season... as long as we win it looks like everyone will get there hands on the ball and i love that aspect...

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    How about cotch and Stuck today? Both made some huge catches today.

    Cotch- 6/90
    Stuck- 4/64/1

    Big catches on 3rd down as well for both guys. I was very impressed.
    I don't want to rain the parade (why would I, great win!), but we still had dropped passes that luckily never hurt us. I don't care what anyone says, Sanchez, with his footwork and ability to improvise, made the WRs today. Oh, and the horrid tackling on the Texans didn't hurt either.

    Aside from Stuckey's broken coverage TD play, he didn't do a whole lot.

    Again, not all trying to rain the parade, but the stats don't tell the whole story. I'd challenge anyone to ask themselves if they said during the game "Wow the Jets WRs are really impressive". The OLine, Sanchez's playaction/scrambling were impressive.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,099
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    I don't want to rain the parade (why would I, great win!), but we still had dropped passes that luckily never hurt us. I don't care what anyone says, Sanchez, with his footwork and ability to improvise, made the WRs today. Oh, and the horrid tackling on the Texans didn't hurt either.

    Aside from Stuckey's broken coverage TD play, he didn't do a whole lot.

    Again, not all trying to rain the parade, but the stats don't tell the whole story. I'd challenge anyone to ask themselves if they said during the game "Wow the Jets WRs are really impressive". The OLine, Sanchez's playaction/scrambling were impressive.
    Wouldn't mind seeing Mike Williams on this team next year, huh?

  6. #6
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villanova
    Posts
    499
    Have to include Keller in any WR conversation.

  7. #7
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    How about cotch and Stuck today? Both made some huge catches today.

    Cotch- 6/90
    Stuck- 4/64/1

    Big catches on 3rd down as well for both guys. I was very impressed.
    Perhaps someone forgot to tell Cotchery that he's not a #1 receiver or Stuckey that he's a slot receiver. All these guys do is bring their lunch pails to work, block, catch and quietly go about their business. Is it possible that they're more valuable to the team then the more talented but high maintenance Brandon Marshall's and Terrell Owens' of the NFL?

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,825
    If you include Keller then you're injecting talent, and thats not what we want to hear.

    I want a bonafied #1 WR. I want one NOW.

  9. #9
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    108
    Not having a veritable, bona fide #1 WR might be the best thing for this young QB. All Sanchez needs is some big-headed Keyshawn just-throw-me-the-damn-ball character that sanchez has to zero in on every damn play like romo had with TO. Take a page from Dallas. I for one don't want a #1 wr now.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,426
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    I don't want to rain the parade (why would I, great win!), but we still had dropped passes that luckily never hurt us. I don't care what anyone says, Sanchez, with his footwork and ability to improvise, made the WRs today. Oh, and the horrid tackling on the Texans didn't hurt either.

    Aside from Stuckey's broken coverage TD play, he didn't do a whole lot.

    Again, not all trying to rain the parade, but the stats don't tell the whole story. I'd challenge anyone to ask themselves if they said during the game "Wow the Jets WRs are really impressive". The OLine, Sanchez's playaction/scrambling were impressive.
    I agree. The Texans don't have a great secondary, and yet our WRs still had trouble getting separation...

  11. #11
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,924
    Did Clowney see any action today? I can't recall hearing his name.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,975
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Did Clowney see any action today? I can't recall hearing his name.
    I thought for sure Clowney would start at the number 2 today..Not taking away from stuckey at all who had a great game, I didn't see 1 ball thrown to Clowney or the 3 wr set of stuckey, Clowney and Cotchery...

    Maybe Rex is saving him for next week..Rex did say aside from Jerricho, it will be wr by committee at that position in his post game pc.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,442
    I really like our passing game.. Dont forget to mention Keller who had 4 catches for 94 yards..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us