Thread: Thing that scares me about our blitz and pats

Undrafted Free Agent

Thing that scares me about our blitz and pats

In his latest interview he says "I'm not sure what Houston was thinking offensively because they could see where the blitzes were coming from, where the Jets defenders were stacking the line, yet it seems that they didn't react and move guys around."
    So maybe houston wasnt prepared but the pats will be . One noteable moment of when the blitz was obvious was when rhodes and strictland blitzed am pretty sure noodle leg would have adubiled or called timeout .

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFever06 View Post
    In his latest interview he says "I'm not sure what Houston was thinking offensively because they could see where the blitzes were coming from, where the Jets defenders were stacking the line, yet it seems that they didn't react and move guys around."
    So maybe houston wasnt prepared but the pats will be . One noteable moment of when the blitz was obvious was when rhodes and strictland blitzed am pretty sure noodle leg would have adubiled or called timeout .

If Brady has to call a TO because of a blitz package he pick up well that a positive play.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I'm a little concerned with their spread offense against our blitz.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by greasyt View Post
    I'm a little concerned with their spread offense against our blitz.
    Am more concerned about kris jenkins being on the injury list for some reason and if the pats run a no huddle ! Oh boy

All League
    We'll see what the Jets cook up to combat that screen pass that will inevitably come when they blitz the crap out of them...it better be good because that's how they always kill us.

Am more concerned about kris jenkins being on the injury list for some reason and if the pats run a no huddle ! Oh boy
    Jenk is fine... For as much as he's talking, he's absolutely fine. He said he felt something small in there and was proactive about it. Some guys need constant visits to the chriropractor.

The good thing about him getting older is that it seems like he's learning the things he needs to do to keep himself going.

Undrafted Free Agent
    for some reason i think that lito would cover welker pretty good . Welker almost never runs more then 10-15 yard routes . Idk just a thought

JetsInsider.com Legend
    now seems like a good time to remind Jets fans of defenses past

Herm and Mangini employed the "bend don't break" philosophy

and we all _hated_ it.

people said 'just blitz i don't care if they get beat deep'

well we are all about to find out if we were telling the truth

this rex ryan defense WILL get beat deep, whether it's this week or next, or whenever, chances are it will happen.

when that happens remember the bend don't break defenses of the past and decide which poison you like better.

for some reason i think that lito would cover welker pretty good . Welker almost never runs more then 10-15 yard routes . Idk just a thought
    Yes but Welker can make someone like Lito miss and gain a ton of yards after the catch.

I think we just need to play physical against those two receivers. Welker is tough to get a clean hit on, but Moss is easy. Moss won't catch a ball the entire game if they run one of those slants over the middle near Harris or Scott.

Welker is good about never taking a clean hit so it's important to tackle him and deny him the ball.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Yes but Welker can make someone like Lito miss and gain a ton of yards after the catch.

I think we just need to play physical against those two receivers. Welker is tough to get a clean hit on, but Moss is easy. Moss won't catch a ball the entire game if they run one of those slants over the middle near Harris or Scott.

Welker is good about never taking a clean hit so it's important to tackle him and deny him the ball.
    Well have gholston jam him at the line of scrimage =) Lol we should use gholston like that

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post

We should put Revis on Welker and have Lito come up on Moss and jam him on the line, then have safety help over the top.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by raysdaone View Post
    We should put Revis on Welker and have Lito come up on Moss and jam him on the line, then have safety help over the top.
    No. You put your best CB on the best WR. Committing two people to covering moss opens up alot of mismatches for the rest of the offense