Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bizarre, Brad Smith breakout vs.Pats

All League

Bizarre, Brad Smith breakout vs.Pats

The Patriots will attempt to shutdown Cotchery, Keller and Stuckey with various combination coverages. The Patriots 3rd and fourth CB's are Wheatley and Whilhite both 5'9 corners, I understand Brad Smith has done absolutley nothing, but the Jets in a 3 WR set, with the 6'2 Smith going up against a 5'9 corner, it's a matchup I would take all day. Can you imagine what it would mean to this offense if either Smith or the Clown had a breakout day against the Patriots ?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JetOrange View Post
    Can you imagine what it would mean to this offense if either Smith or the Clown had a breakout day against the Patriots ?
    That stadium would be rockin'. Avast ye matey. Arrrg.

All Pro
    The Patriots will attempt to shutdown Cotchery, Keller and Stuckey with various combination coverages. The Patriots 3rd and fourth CB's are Wheatley and Whilhite both 5'9 corners, I understand Brad Smith has done absolutley nothing, but the Jets in a 3 WR set, with the 6'2 Smith going up against a 5'9 corner, it's a matchup I would take all day. Can you imagine what it would mean to this offense if either Smith or the Clown had a breakout day against the Patriots ?
    i would never EVER put all my chips on brad smith. ugh, never.

my prediction: they will attempt to shutdown keller... and be very unsuccessful. keller for a huge game. 9 catches 132 yards. 2 tds.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    You guys are giving the Patriots way too much credit.

They don't have the personnel to shut down Cotchery, Stuckey & Keller.

They may be able to blanket one of them but the other two will have opportunities to make plays.

Keller torched the Pats secondary/LBers last meeting and the Pats secondary/Lber's were better then.

Hall Of Fame
    Mr. August needs to do something

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post

They may be able to blanket one of them but the other two will have opportunities to make plays.

Keller torched the Pats secondary/LBers last meeting and the Pats secondary/Lber's were better then.
    I can't see little Bill letting Keller torch him again,IMHO he will double Cotch and Keller, and have Bodden (his best corner ) on Stuckey. Leon in this scenario is your best option.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    Mr. August needs to do something
    August deep opens everything up, I want the Clown to be real.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalomaniac View Post
    i would never EVER put even 1 chip on brad smith. ugh, never.

... fixed !!! .... + 1 ...

l_j_r

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ljr@work View Post
    ... fixed !!! .... + 1 ...

l_j_r
    i can agree with that

Waterboy
    I can't see little Bill letting Keller torch him again,IMHO he will double Cotch and Keller, and have Bodden (his best corner ) on Stuckey. Leon in this scenario is your best option.
    ?? Ok so you put a corner and a safety each on Cotch and Keller and Bodden is covering Stuckey so you're saying NE will have their nickel D out there for our base offensive package......Never mind a running back coming out of the backfield, what do they do with a 3 or 4 receiver set ? We'd run for about 300-400 yards on that defense......

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post

I know you guys have taken the Kool Aid this week, but this goes beyond the pale, ARod. You better stop the nonstop drinking of those umbrella cocktails on your boat. DID YOU WATCH the Monday night game. The Pats secondary shut down TWO WRs who are BETTER than Stuckey and Cotchery.
    And to say that the secondary was much better LAST year is ludicrous. It is MUCH better THIS year.

I can only guess at what the Pats defensive priorities are (running game, Leon, and Keller would be my top 3), but whatever they are they will do a decent job at it.

The fact is the most interesting aspect of this game will be if the Pats can stop the Jets running attack, and if the Jets can get to Brady. The team that succeeds at their prime objective will probably win

Pains me to admit it, but I gotta go with Patfan on his take... Our best threats are going to be underneath to Leon and Keller really trying to get Leon into space. Our outside WRs will get their chance to make plays and will have catches, but I doubt they will be the focal point. I would love to see a bomb to Clowney, perhaps as a flea-flicker.

Our running game and run blocking is really going to be key. Our week 1rushing stats were hyperinflated by running downhill in the fourth quarter with 2 long runs. The first 3 quarters, rushing was not that good, I believe there was a time where T Jones had 13 carries for 15 yards.

Hence, mix up Jones with increasingly more Leon quarters 1-3, and let Jones run over people in the fourth. Unlike games against the Pats in the past, this one is VERY winnable.

They will attempt to shut down Sanchez. Cutting off the head kills the body. Look for lots of blitz's. If he does not freak out like a typically rookie and can get one or 2 off before getting hit. We win

Quote Originally Posted by TKasper01 View Post
    They will attempt to shut down Sanchez. Cutting off the head kills the body. Look for lots of blitz's. If he does not freak out like a typically rookie and can get one or 2 off before getting hit. We win

I disagree.

The Pats will focus on shutting down the running game and short passing game ie: Keller/Washington.

They will force a rookie QB to beat them with far less talent at WR than they shut down last week.

Sanchez will probably end up with some pretty decent numbers...but will most likely throw a pick or two which will cost him the game....

It won't be pretty...but the Pats walk out of this one winning by at least a field goal.

It'll be a moral victory for the die-hard kool aid drinkers here who will see it as they ALMOST beat the Pats....and will continue to beat their chests about how the Jets will give us an ass whipping next time...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by patsfanken View Post
    I know you guys have taken the Kool Aid this week, but this goes beyond the pale, ARod. You better stop the nonstop drinking of those umbrella cocktails on your boat. DID YOU WATCH the Monday night game. The Pats secondary shut down TWO WRs who are BETTER than Stuckey and Cotchery.
    And to say that the secondary was much better LAST year is ludicrous. It is MUCH better THIS year.

I can only guess at what the Pats defensive priorities are (running game, Leon, and Keller would be my top 3), but whatever they are they will do a decent job at it.

The fact is the most interesting aspect of this game will be if the Pats can stop the Jets running attack, and if the Jets can get to Brady. The team that succeeds at their prime objective will probably win
    who will replace seymour.there is your answer

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalomaniac View Post
    i can agree with that

... he reminds me of a cow chip!!! ...

l_j_r

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    who will replace seymour.there is your answer
    The Pats are 13-4 in games that Richard Seymour didn't play, including 8 wins in 2007. Don't get me wrong, not having Seymour hurts, but the defense as a WHOLE will survive as they have done over the years when Seymour was unable to play.

All Pro
    The Pats are 13-4 in games that Richard Seymour didn't play, including 8 wins in 2007. Don't get me wrong, not having Seymour hurts, but the defense as a WHOLE will survive as they have done over the years when Seymour was unable to play.
    yeah, mayo was stepping up for them BIG time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

But you did have Harrison, Samuel,Bruschi,Hobbs and Vrabel in 07..Their gone too..

Banned
    I can dig it. Smith always shows up against the Pats for a play or two.