Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Injury Updates anyone?

Practice Squad

Injury Updates anyone?

Anyone know what the status of Donald Strickland and Lito Sheppard are?

Banned
    PLEASE UPDATE ALL OF US NOT FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO SEE THE GAME TO PLEASE TELL US ALL WHO WAS HURT TODAY FOR US PLEASE. THANKS

All League
    bump...

add Jenkins to the list... what happened to him during the game? I know he came back in but it was scary to see the big fella go down. The stadium fell silent...

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    someone posted ankle, and quad respectively, degree????

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by ZachS View Post
    Anyone know what the status of Donald Strickland and Lito Sheppard are?
    I think Strickland and Jenkins are the only injuries. Strickland better be ok, we need him, Lowery isnt good this year from my perspective.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetChefJR View Post
    bump...

add Jenkins to the list... what happened to him during the game? I know he came back in but it was scary to see the big fella go down. The stadium fell silent...
    Ryan said in the post-game presser that he "got the wind knocked out of him".
    Jenks came right back in the game and played to the end.

Hall Of Fame
    bump...

Smartest play of the game, Brady would have QB snuck for a 1st down there if he didn't "get the wind knocked out of him", then we got set and stopped Taylor for a loss.

Usually Belicheat is the one doing that kind of stuff, (remember McGinest doing that against the Colts a few years ago)

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    Smartest play of the game, Brady would have QB snuck for a 1st down there if he didn't "get the wind knocked out of him", then we got set and stopped Taylor for a loss.

Usually Belicheat is the one doing that kind of stuff, (remember McGinest doing that against the Colts a few years ago)
    best part about that play was that Rex switched to a 4-3 with Jenkins out. If that was Mangini, he'd have stuck to 3-4 and the Pats would have gotten the 1st.

Practice Squad
    best part about that play was that Rex switched to a 4-3 with Jenkins out. If that was Mangini, he'd have stuck to 3-4 and the Pats would have gotten the 1st.
    i know rex is the genious of our gameplan, style etc. but can we get some love for pettine ? he does good

All Pro
    Who is this Mangini of which you speak?

All Pro
    The only thing we will know for now is

Jenkins-Got the wind knocked out of him but came back

Strickland-Ankle and didn't return

Sheppard-Quad and didn't return

(I think thats right either that or strickland and sheppard switched around)

You'll know more tomorrow or tuesday im sure.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    bump...

Jenkins just had the wind knocked out of him, he's fine, finished the game.

Sheppard injured his quad - don't know the seriousness.

Strickland was an ankle injury - he walked off, so, hopefully it's not that bad.

That's all I know right now. Watched SNY postgame, that's where I heard all of that.

All League
    i don't think jenkins was anything serious. i hope lito and strickland can come back. lowery starting makes me nervous.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombo View Post
    i don't think jenkins was anything serious. i hope lito and strickland can come back. lowery starting makes me nervous.
    Lowery I can handle being out there, Drew Coleman is the one that makes me nervous.

Banned
    Lowery actually made a Hell of a play late in the fourth quarter.

I think he will be fine. I think last year he hit that Rookie Wall.

In Ryan's D, and with the supporting cast around him, he will be fine.

Smile injuries

I am an Athletic Therapist and Osteopath, and of course a great fan of the Jets. Unfortunately, I did not see the injuries happen. I will surmise, though, with the info that some of you guys have given, that the quad injury to Sheppard may have been a helmet to his quad, which can be very painful but usually is not anything major. He also may have strained his quad muscle, and therefore did not have the speed to continue to cover, so they took him out. This also is usually not too severe.
    As far as Strickland is concerned, if he walked off on his own steam, he probably has a 1st or 2nd degree sprain, and could be back playing next weeks game( if 1st degree). Hope this helps. GO JETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All Pro
    Hopefully Sheppard won't miss any significant time. He has actually been playing pretty well.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGeek View Post
    Ryan said in the post-game presser that he "got the wind knocked out of him".
    Jenks came right back in the game and played to the end.
    Jenkins usually goes down like once a game. It was the same last year. The guy is a beast. If that mammoth continues to have back problems, he should consider having breast reduction surgery to ease the pressure on his back.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post

The Pats do it and its cheating, the Jets do it and its the smartest play of the game. This place kills me.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    if only...