Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Murphklecko's take on our NYJETS

  1. #1
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Troop 16H MEMBER
    Posts
    2,431

    Murphklecko's take on our NYJETS

    First off let me say I am completely excited about the future of our Jets... I love the energy that the players and the fans have right now. I wish I was there on opening day , but alas I gave up the tickets and watched on TV. Trust me everyone I did ALOT of screaming at the Murphy home.
    We have a very unique situation with a Rookie QB and Head coach. most of the time in the NFL a rookie QB is playing on a dog of a team. He is expected to lead a undermaned team to victory. It takes the franchise years to put together a winner and give the rookie QB a chance to grow and mature.Same thing for a head coach most of the time a change is made the team has a losing record and is not playing very well. In the case of our team a coaching change was made on a playoff contending team. Also we moved up in the draft to get a rookie QB that is not expected to lead us to the promise land by himself. The jets were already a stocked team. So we should understand it is only natural that Mark Sanchez has a great year because his line is great along with his running backs. He is surrounded with talent. The same can not be said for the poor sole in Detriot. As for the coach, he hit paydirt. a very talented Defense here already, he brings in some of his guys and BANG!!!!!!! we are a superbowl contender. I truely expect some very great things this year and next year as long as we do not get some major injuries. This team is built to win NOW.....
    I love the attitude, and I can't wait for Sunday.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    astoria
    Posts
    5,618
    Quote Originally Posted by murphklecko73 View Post
    First off let me say I am completely excited about the future of our Jets... I love the energy that the players and the fans have right now. I wish I was there on opening day , but alas I gave up the tickets and watched on TV. Trust me everyone I did ALOT of screaming at the Murphy home.
    We have a very unique situation with a Rookie QB and Head coach. most of the time in the NFL a rookie QB is playing on a dog of a team. He is expected to lead a undermaned team to victory. It takes the franchise years to put together a winner and give the rookie QB a chance to grow and mature.Same thing for a head coach most of the time a change is made the team has a losing record and is not playing very well. In the case of our team a coaching change was made on a playoff contending team. Also we moved up in the draft to get a rookie QB that is not expected to lead us to the promise land by himself. The jets were already a stocked team. So we should understand it is only natural that Mark Sanchez has a great year because his line is great along with his running backs. He is surrounded with talent. The same can not be said for the poor sole in Detriot. As for the coach, he hit paydirt. a very talented Defense here already, he brings in some of his guys and BANG!!!!!!! we are a superbowl contender. I truely expect some very great things this year and next year as long as we do not get some major injuries. This team is built to win NOW.....
    I love the attitude, and I can't wait for Sunday.
    testify MURPH!!!...i can't wait till sunday either...this defense makes me smile...and when Pace comes back....can't wait for sundays now....

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,565
    Quote Originally Posted by murphklecko73 View Post
    First off let me say I am completely excited about the future of our Jets... I love the energy that the players and the fans have right now. I wish I was there on opening day , but alas I gave up the tickets and watched on TV. Trust me everyone I did ALOT of screaming at the Murphy home.
    We have a very unique situation with a Rookie QB and Head coach. most of the time in the NFL a rookie QB is playing on a dog of a team. He is expected to lead a undermaned team to victory. It takes the franchise years to put together a winner and give the rookie QB a chance to grow and mature.Same thing for a head coach most of the time a change is made the team has a losing record and is not playing very well. In the case of our team a coaching change was made on a playoff contending team. Also we moved up in the draft to get a rookie QB that is not expected to lead us to the promise land by himself. The jets were already a stocked team. So we should understand it is only natural that Mark Sanchez has a great year because his line is great along with his running backs. He is surrounded with talent. The same can not be said for the poor sole in Detriot. As for the coach, he hit paydirt. a very talented Defense here already, he brings in some of his guys and BANG!!!!!!! we are a superbowl contender. I truely expect some very great things this year and next year as long as we do not get some major injuries. This team is built to win NOW.....
    I love the attitude, and I can't wait for Sunday.
    +1,000,000

  4. #4
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,261
    Quote Originally Posted by murphklecko73 View Post
    most of the time in the NFL a rookie QB is playing on a dog of a team. He is expected to lead a undermaned team to victory. It takes the franchise years to put together a winner and give the rookie QB a chance to grow and mature.Same thing for a head coach most of the time a change is made the team has a losing record and is not playing very well. In the case of our team a coaching change was made on a playoff contending team. Also we moved up in the draft to get a rookie QB that is not expected to lead us to the promise land by himself. The jets were already a stocked team. So we should understand it is only natural that Mark Sanchez has a great year because his line is great along with his running backs. He is surrounded with talent. The same can not be said for the poor sole in Detriot.
    Gotta disagree here. Sanchez is playing well because he's ultra-talented and has a great work ethic. Sure it helps that he's got a good line in front of him, but he's doing this on his own merit. Not to mention that in the first two games opposing teams have stacked to box, daring Sanchez to make them pay with his arm, and he has done so. As far as Stafford, he's got a receiver in Calvin Johnson that has All-Time great potential - not as a good a situation as Sanchez, but let's not make excuses for him, and at the same time not give Sanchez any credit.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,815
    ... saying a rookie qb who had started 16 college games should lead us to the superbowl as if it's commonplace is wrong ...


    ... sanchez has been very exceptional in his performance since the draft ...



    ... thinking the guys that were here before were just going to excel in rex's scheme and his replacements were just going to fit right in and play as well as they have is also not giving rex and the gang the credit they deserve ...


    ... i love your ultimate destination ... the reason is not luck ... rather it's due to hard work ... brains ... dedication ... practice ... repetition ... effort ... swagger ...................... H-E-A-R-T !!!!!!!

  6. #6
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,323
    It's looking like we could have the perfect storm.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,216
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    It's looking like we could have the perfect storm.
    Is that where your ship sinks?


















  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    10,084
    Uh theres that word again "swagger", please turn off Sportscenter.

  9. #9
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,323
    Quote Originally Posted by MACPAC View Post
    Is that where your ship sinks?





    Ok Miss Debbie Downer, you rattled your chain?!?!?!

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,395
    Good to see you back on Murph .........and I gotta agree with your assessment

  11. #11
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Troop 16H MEMBER
    Posts
    2,431
    LJR- I agree with what you say, but the reason for my first post was to say that before the season started allot of posters and media people thought that our Jets were going to be a crapy team and take awhile to grow and mature into a good team. Well M. Sanchez does not have the same pressure that most high QB draft choises had on them because we were a good team and moved up to get him. Also most new H.C.'s replace a fired H.C. that under achieved and had a bad record. The 2008 Jets were a good team and should have made the playoffs, so with this in mind i feel we will over achieve this year and it could be something special, maybe not the superbowl. But we should win games while Sanchez learns not lose most of them like other rookie QB's.

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,815
    Quote Originally Posted by murphklecko73 View Post
    LJR-....

    ... agreed ... ...




    l_j_r

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us