Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NBC Sunday Night

All Pro

NBC Sunday Night

Does anyone else find that the sunday nite show is unwatchable! Why are there 10 people in the studio talking for like 3 hours about 1 game..I hate Olberman..Why do these network execs think that football needs to have comedy go with it...It's rediculous..that whole crew is worthless.

All League
    + a fillion!
    Unwatchable, therefore, not watched.
    They are cackling idiots.
    Olbermann has been 100% IRRELEVANT since he pissed off a suit at ESPNema & got dumped. A complete waste of space, AND unfunny.
    NFL Network is the way to go, or take a breather from FB for an hour then turn it on at kickoff.

Charter JI Member
    NFL Network...saving lives

All Pro
    Totally the worst, Couldn't agree more. Thank God we have Chris Berman right after the 4pm game until 8pm doing the highlights..NBC'S Football America is just awfull..They just have to many ex players on the show, I'm sick of Costas..He should just stick to Baseball, You could tell the man has no passion at all for Football...

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    agree,NBC is the worst i have ever seen.........

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Woodall Rocks! View Post
    + a fillion!
    Unwatchable, therefore, not watched.
    They are cackling idiots.
    Olbermann has been 100% IRRELEVANT since he pissed off a suit at ESPNema & got dumped. A complete waste of space, AND unfunny.
    NFL Network is the way to go, or take a breather from FB for an hour then turn it on at kickoff.
    Agreed..........Olbermann is disaster. He thinks he is so funny with trying to make a joke for every highlight. He needs to go away....he was a mess when he went to MSNBC...and is still a mess now. Give us one anchor and two ex-players and thats it. They try to make out the Sunday night game to be the Super Bowl every week.

All League
    Never watch this show, and some hate the Fox pre-game. Will take that any time over NBC. Does anyone know what their rateing are?

Veteran
    I have been saying this since that cluster f**k of a show started. It's a disaster and embarrassment. In the past, I could not wait until Sunday nights to watch NFL Prime Time with Chris and Tommy. You got a boatload of highlights in a clear crisp fashion, plus a few laughs along the way. Now, you have a bunch of dull, lifeless jerkoffs led by Über-Clowns, Bob Costas and the always-trying-too-hard without talent, keith Olbermann.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I have been saying this since that cluster f**k of a show started. It's a disaster and embarrassment. In the past, I could not wait until Sunday nights to watch NFL Prime Time with Chris and Tommy. You got a boatload of highlights in a clear crisp fashion, plus a few laughs along the way. Now, you have a bunch of dull, lifeless jerkoffs led by Über-Clowns, Bob Costas and the always-trying-too-hard without talent, keith Olbermann.
    +1 It was FUN to watch them...i think i've watched football in america a total of 60 minutes since it came on a few years back...just can't seem to sit through more than 5 minutes...

Hall Of Fame
    Hate to say it, but ESPN > NBC there....only time I'd watch NBC is if it's covering the Jets game that night, since they're likely to talk about it quite a bit.

All Pro
    olbermann smugness makes him the most over bearing man on T.V....he's as bad as o'reilly and thats saying something.can't stand NBC Sunday Night...watched it twice last year and haven't watched since.apparently it hasn't improved.

All League
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    http://tvbythenumbers.com/category/r...v-show-ratings

looks like based on the games they are showing, they arent doing bad

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    That NBC would put Obermanm on their Sunday nite panel is a slap in the face at every republican and conservative in this country, because this man has openly expressed an absolute disdain of the highest order for reps/cons.

Now this is not a "political observation" persay, its a "business observation"

NBC has in essence chosen to alienate half the country with Obermann on that panel and that is just bad business, same as it was bad business for ESPN to briefly place Rush Limbaugh on their panel.

When you are in the business of attacting as many viewers as possible, how does it make sense to hire a man who continously expresses an absolute disdain for approximately half the country, from either side of the political divide?

I'm no genius, but that is obviously not the way to attract more viewers, so its bad business when you are in the business of attacting viewers and not chasing them away.

JMO
    I agree, but even if an anchor or commentator has strong and well known political beliefs like Olberman and Limbaugh do and have a record of making politically polarizing statements they shouldn't be excluded from these programs if they are talented commentators/entertainers. The problem is, Olbermann is a horrible commentator, adds nothing to the pre-game discussion except awkward, cringe worthy jokes.

To be honest I wish John Madden was back more every time I watch Sunday or Monday Night Countdown.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBensAngel7 View Post
    http://tvbythenumbers.com/category/r...v-show-ratings

looks like based on the games they are showing, they arent doing bad
    If I am reading this correctly #'s are for the total package pre-game and game broadcast. Not broken down seperatly? Can not believe there pre game as a stand alone projects this type of viewership.

All League
    Im glad im not alone. I was making fun of the broadcast with my buddies the entire game. The guys in the studio were terrible, couldnt even get sentences out with out stuttering and sounding like complete amateurs.

Whoever said Madden needs to come back is right. He spoke better in his interview at his age then half the other idiots on TV.

Banned
    Does anyone in the entire world like Olberman?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Boru View Post
    Does anyone in the entire world like Olberman?
    Mrs. Olbermann.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Mrs. Olbermann.
    nah, shes preoccupied with the milk man.... and the mail man.

All League
    Collinsworth was the best guy on that show last year. Now he's in the booth.

Olbermann is nauseating. He sucks at recapping games. Costas is awful for football, he is a baseball guy.

Dungy does not have a studio personality. Harrison is too opinionated.

Awful show.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    That NBC would put Obermanm on their Sunday nite panel is a slap in the face to every republican and conservative in this country, because this man has openly expressed an absolute disdain of the highest order for reps/cons.

Now this is not a "political observation" persay, its a "business observation"

NBC has in essence chosen to alienate half the country with Obermann on that panel and that is just bad business, same as it was bad business for ESPN to briefly place Rush Limbaugh on their panel.

When you are in the business of attacting as many viewers as possible, how does it make sense to hire a man who continously expresses disdain for approximately half the country, from either side of the political divide?

I'm no genius, but that is obviously not the way to attract more viewers, so its bad business when you are in the business of attacting viewers and not chasing them away.

JMO
    I couldn't agree with you more.Olbermann is now a political guy.That i'm sure is pissing off the repubs.Maybe Fox should put Glenn Beck on their pregame(lol)

Politics should not enter sports,plus Olbermann hasn't been funny since he and Patrick in the mid 90's