Thread: Why is the Jets game not being shown in Boston?

All League

Why is the Jets game not being shown in Boston?

It would make sense for CBS to show the game here, considering that the Pats are on FOX. Does anyone know why CBS is just not showing any game at all here during the 1PM slot?

All League
    Boston's still eating sour grapes...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Is the game in the afternoon? I saw on NFL Network that it's 1pm.

Banned
    League TV rules I think. A game can't compete with the local home game. That's why, last week, even though Fox had the double header, there was no game opposite the Pats/Jets.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeX View Post
    Is the game in the afternoon? I saw on NFL Network that it's 1pm.
    Yup, 1:00 on CBS.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/nflpreview?gameId=290927020

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Patrollie View Post
    League TV rules I think. A game can't compete with the local home game. That's why, last week, even though Fox had the double header, there was no game opposite the Pats/Jets.
    +1. No game can be shown opposite a team's home game. But I think last week CBS had the doubleheader. We had the Jets on at 1pm and the Stillers/ Bears on at 4pm with the Bills/Bucs on FOX.

So this week Fox has the doubleheader. Of course, the above rule has been waived for this week only as both the Giants and Jets will be on at the same time.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetspennyfan View Post
    It would make sense for CBS to show the game here, considering that the Pats are on FOX. Does anyone know why CBS is just not showing any game at all here during the 1PM slot?
    Because they never show a game opposite the Pats* up here in Mass. That is why I have DirecTV and the Sunday Ticket Package.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I would call the local affiliate and ask to speak to Azzclown Deutchbag.

Were you going to make ribz?

Practice Squad
    I don't believe a game will be shown on CBS at 1pm because of the way the deals work with the Networks.

Even though CBS has a double header because the Patriots are at home CBS is not allowed to show a game at the same time.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Patrollie View Post
    Correct!

Veteran
    I'm in Providence and they are showing both games at 1pm.

I live in Taunton and just my called the local CBS station out of Providence. They said the Jets game will be televised even though The Pats are on Fox. Not sure about Boston, try calling local station and ask. I Hate my Condo rules for not allowing direct TV!

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    +1. No game can be shown opposite a team's home game. But I think last week CBS had the doubleheader. We had the Jets on at 1pm and the Stillers/ Bears on at 4pm with the Bills/Bucs on FOX.

So this week Fox has the doubleheader. Of course, the above rule has been waived for this week only as both the Giants and Jets will be on at the same time.
    That isn't true, at least according to that site that shows the TV maps - it seems this year that each network gets 2 doubleheaders in a row - so fox gets week 4 and 5, CBS 6 and 7 - etc...

http://the506.com/nflmaps/
    Last edited by ironman61; 09-25-2009 at 12:00 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    I'm in Providence and they are showing both games at 1pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodles View Post
    I live in Taunton and just my called the local CBS station out of Providence. They said the Jets game will be televised even though The Pats are on Fox. Not sure about Boston, try calling local station and ask. I Hate my Condo rules for not allowing direct TV!
    That's because you're both in the Providence DMA which is not bound by TV rules in the Boston market.

Veteran
    Up in New England, both the Springfield and Providence networks are showing two games at 1. It's only WBZ, the Boston CBS affiliate, which can't show a game opposite the Pats.

All League
    f***, gotta go to the bar and watch the game surrounded by m*******s. Oh well...

All Pro
    I live in New Hampshire & it's saying the Jets game WILL be on at 1:00 on CBS.
    Sweet!

Of course on Sunday I'll sit down with my icy cold beer, turn on the TV & Charlies Angels will be on with a bottom tape saying, "Due to Bob Kraft being very powerful in New England, the New York Jets VS Tennesee Titans has been changed, and you will see our regular programming".