Thread: Why is it same old Jets whenever we lose a game?

Why is it same old Jets whenever we lose a game?

what the fck is up with that? Why do Jet fans have to be this shallow all the time? We lost a game, so what? We all figured we would lose 4-7 games this season, some of the games to division rivals! It's called parity and competitiveness, we lost a tough game to a division rival on the road on Monday night... guess what? Road teams ain't supposed to win many of those, we're lucky it wasn't a rout as these games usually end up becoming for the home team. We got out of there with all our guys intact and we get to play them again in 2 weeks. Nothing's changed for me, if anything, the offense and Sanchez and Braylon in particular showed me something tonight.

Up to this point we didn't know whether or not Henne had what it took to win, and he showed up and beat us today, take it in stride and move on. The other team gets paid too.

Screw that, good teams are SUPPOSED to show up and win the tough games...
    so yes, i watched the game and thought "same ole jets".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    what the fck is up with that? Why do Jet fans have to be this shallow all the time? We lost a game, so what? We all figured we would lose 4-7 games this season, some of the games to division rivals! It's called parity and competitiveness, we lost a tough game to a division rival on the road on Monday night... guess what? Road teams ain't supposed to win many of those, we're lucky it wasn't a rout as these games usually end up becoming for the home team. We got out of there with all our guys intact and we get to play them again in 2 weeks. Nothing's changed for me, if anything, the offense and Sanchez and Braylon in particular showed me something tonight.

Up to this point we didn't know whether or not Henne had what it took to win, and he showed up and beat us today, take it in stride and move on. The other team gets paid too.
    This Is The Best Post Ive Read All Night

Practice Squad
    I knew it was going to be a "dog fight". It's Jets-Dolphins. The loss really hurt me, I thought our Defense would have been more aggressive. It's all good, this is where a team either comes together or falls apart. I think we will be fine. Buffalo will not roll over next week either, we have to finish teams. I think Jets will play better next week. Can't wait to see our entire Defensive unit back on the field. We need Lito Sheppard back, Strickland too.

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post

Too many fans are crybaby sore losers. Jets got whupped yesterday. The fans, as well as the players, need to move on. Fans need to stop looking for paranoid and superstitious excuses for disappointing losses.

There are lessons to be learned by the Jets(and maybe it's fans too.) Over confidence...possibly bordering on hubris. Preparation and execution. Making adjustments on the fly. These need to happen better. And they will. A new HC and DC, and new defensive schemes. Three new starters on D. All this takes some time to work more smoothly. Sometimes you don't find out things until the heat of battle.

How about how sanchez bounced back from last weeks bad game? Now the D needs to do the same. So do maybe some fans. Don't jump ship and hop back on to voodoo conclusions. That's just as embarrassing as how the D played last night...Lol.

Practice Squad
    Referring to SOJ is almost a default setting for some Jets fans. Having been disappointed so many times in the past, they expect to be disappointed again in the future. When the Jets have a perceived let-down game then the notion of seemingly being proved right in their fatalism can act as some small source of vindication of their long-held belief that their lives as Jets fans is pre-destined to wallow in disappointment and a liberal dose of self-pity. Referring to SOJ can help you to become immune to the pain almost. I think we are guilty of it to some degree.

The only problem though is that in most cases it can only ever act as a temporary measure of immunity from that most cruel of human sentiments - hope, which as the saying goes can act eternal. By next Sunday we, or most of us at any rate, will all have stepped back from the ledge, and realize we are still divisional leaders at 3-2, a standing we would all have settled for pre-season. We have achieved this with a rookie head coach and a potentially great young QB (not quiet SOJ then) who are only going to get better as the season progresses. We have two games coming up that offer us a realistic opportunity of going 5-2. It seems the Jets have finally found an elite WR (not quiet so SOJ either) who is only going to improve this team no end. Last week we had no offense and a stellar defense. One week later the offense is fine and everyone is critical of our defense, which is fair enough because they were abject last night. But if there is one thing Rex Ryan knows it is defense so let the guy do his job and what he knows best.

As Fulghum said in the past..."Hope always triumphs over experience". Let's forget last night and bring on the Bills. Time to go 4-2 and get the show back on the road.

Practice Squad
    It's probably the way we lose em that bites people most.
    Last night was a classic Jets loss though - very painful!
    It's the hangover at the moment hence the posts. We just gotta get back on track over the next month and beat them at home.