Thread: What a lousy day.

Veteran

What a lousy day.

I just couldn’t wait to get home last night, I knew the team would pull me out of the misery known as Monday. And what a terrible Monday it was. Little did I know things would not get any better.

I need not say anything more than “same ol’ Jets.” Though deep down I truly believe that this is a good football team, last night showed me they are not great and in the process absolutely gutted me. I’ve been there for all the major disappointments. The Cleveland playoff game. Doug Brien’s two missed FG’s. Though last night was just week five of the 2009-10 season, somehow to me it ranks up there with the great disappointments. Surely I am overreacting and so are many, but wow, after three weeks we were looking good. Finally an elite unit, someone to be truly feared in the NFL. The Jets were the talk of the town and I was experiencing a feeling that I hadn’t felt since 1997.

Then the New Orleans game came and surprised a few; Miami surprised many.

I watched on in horror as our D line was pushed almost onto their backs by a unit that only had won one game all year. I watched as our rookie head coach decided to throw blitzes at Miami on the final drive when it was apparent that all night we couldn’t even touch the quarterback. I love the man and his attitude, but wow, if it’s not working all game long why go back to it especially when the game is on the line. A part of me even hoped Miami would score quickly so we could have gotten the ball back with some time on the clock. As soon as Miami got into the red zone I had a feeling it was over and it was. Mouth agape, I couldn’t help feeling like a kid who had his Christmas presents taken away from him.

It was an end to an already miserable day and of course my brother-in-law who is a Bronco fan didn’t forget to send me a text message consisting of the word “ouch” to rub it in. Of course this was to be followed by all the other team fans at work who has no problems rubbing salt into the wounds.

Yes, it was only one game but for perhaps the reasons stated above it really stung.

All Pro
    Just be glad you werent at the game. I was. and it was embarassing. I have never felt so low leaving the stadium. And the Fish fans acting like they just won the super bowl. I was embarrased to be wearing the green and white.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Just be glad you werent at the game. I was. and it was embarassing. I have never felt so low leaving the stadium. And the Fish fans acting like they just won the super bowl. I was embarrased to be wearing the green and white.
    Was it at least your Pennington jersey?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigGreen View Post
    I just couldn’t wait to get home last night, I knew the team would pull me out of the misery known as Monday. And what a terrible Monday it was. Little did I know things would not get any better.

I need not say anything more than “same ol’ Jets.” Though deep down I truly believe that this is a good football team, last night showed me they are not great and in the process absolutely gutted me. I’ve been there for all the major disappointments. The Cleveland playoff game. Doug Brien’s two missed FG’s. Though last night was just week five of the 2009-10 season, somehow to me it ranks up there with the great disappointments. Surely I am overreacting and so are many, but wow, after three weeks we were looking good. Finally an elite unit, someone to be truly feared in the NFL. The Jets were the talk of the town and I was experiencing a feeling that I hadn’t felt since 1997.

Then the New Orleans game came and surprised a few; Miami surprised many.

I watched on in horror as our D line was pushed almost onto their backs by a unit that only had won one game all year. I watched as our rookie head coach decided to throw blitzes at Miami on the final drive when it was apparent that all night we couldn’t even touch the quarterback. I love the man and his attitude, but wow, if it’s not working all game long why go back to it especially when the game is on the line. A part of me even hoped Miami would score quickly so we could have gotten the ball back with some time on the clock. As soon as Miami got into the red zone I had a feeling it was over and it was. Mouth agape, I couldn’t help feeling like a kid who had his Christmas presents taken away from him.

It was an end to an already miserable day and of course my brother-in-law who is a Bronco fan didn’t forget to send me a text message consisting of the word “ouch” to rub it in. Of course this was to be followed by all the other team fans at work who has no problems rubbing salt into the wounds.

Yes, it was only one game but for perhaps the reasons stated above it really stung.
    Same here at work with all the GIANTS fans. And thier smarky "guess we know who has the REAL DEFENSE AND FOOTBALL TEAM IN NY".

I just smiled. I didnt give them the benefit of the doubt all i said was....
    Had your team faced that exact execution, you wouldnt have fared any better.

They laughed.

I walked away, secretly hoping the ****ing SAINTS manhandle them and score more than the measly 10 points their offense scored on us.

My banker (a COWBOYS fan) texts me after the opening TOUCHDOWN drive by MIAMI...."WILDCAT!!!"
    I text him back... "NCAA". Followed by a quick "Nice Overtime win vs the CHIEFS"

Havent heard from him since.

All Pro
    I feel your pain. Even sports radio, which I love, has to keep talking about it making it all the more painful

All Pro

Can't be much for us living down in the land of Dolphags!!! I wish I did not have to work today. It was a miserable day, not a good day to be around me.

Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post
    Same here at work with all the GIANTS fans. And thier smarky "guess we know who has the REAL DEFENSE AND FOOTBALL TEAM IN NY".

I just smiled. I didnt give them the benefit of the doubt all i said was....
    Had your team faced that exact execution, you wouldnt have fared any better.

They laughed.

I walked away, secretly hoping the ****ing SAINTS manhandle them and score more than the measly 10 points their offense scored on us.

My banker (a COWBOYS fan) texts me after the opening TOUCHDOWN drive by MIAMI...."WILDCAT!!!"
    I text him back... "NCAA". Followed by a quick "Nice Overtime win vs the CHIEFS"

Hey the Giants have beaten the :

Redskins, Chiefs, Raiders & Bucs that last 4 weeks. They should look good. We'd be 5-0 also if we had their schedule.

All Pro
    I feel so bad. its nearly 24 hrs since I've been here! I am just now
    checking in. chit.

Veteran
    Over the past 30+ years, there have been quite a few bis losses, but this loss was a big one for me too. I guess it is because I honestly thought we'd be able to shut them down eventually. We did get out coached and out played. Usually when these kinds of losses happen there isn't much to be excited about, but the way this kid can move the offense with the newly-acquired Bomb threat, and the promise of eventually Jones giving way to Green, I think it is easier to get excited again. I love watching Sanchez and I know we'll be hearing a lot of "Sanchez to Edwards" TD's! Keep the faith

Veteran
    I feel your pain. Walking out of that stadium was terrible. It was only the second time for me to watch a loss in a multitude of away games and it had to happen in Miami of all places. Oh the horror, the horror.

I had all kinds of jokers saying crap on the way out. I did my best to ignore them. The last thing you want to do is get arrested. They were celebrating like it was the Super Bowl.

However, I had my fill last night. Some loud joker at the airport this morning was talking about his Dolphins and looking at me since I had my Jets cap. When he gets off his cell phone, he had this grin on his face and started walking towards me. I said to my wife, "if this a-hole says one word to me, I'm going to knock his ******* head off". I guess he heard me because he turned right around.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post

point for you!!!