Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clowney may be a headache down the line

All Pro

Clowney may be a headache down the line

..but he may also be a great player for the jets. Listen to his comments..

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...spotlight.html

All Pro
    This guys has gotten way too much attention in the papers and on this forum. Never has a guy done less with more pub.

Great speed on the corner route. But on that WR screen he ran away from the lane directly into the only defender on the corner.

All Pro
    But guys, he had 4 catches for 60 yards!!! (eventhough 55 came on one bomb)

All Pro
    These Clowney haters will never let up..This kid could turn out to be the next Wesley Walker for all we know, he's got that kind of speed and big play ability down the field..Give him a chance yoo.

Totally misleading subject thread.

All League
    what comments? the one where he talks about being happy that he actually got to show people what he can do in a game, or the ones where he talks about wanting to serve as an inspiration to at risk youth? cause those are the only 2 things he says in the whole article

All League
    What a misleading thread...Clowney did nothing wrong

Dude had the most receiving yards out of anyone on the field Monday. Jeez, some people...

yeah - a real problem. like the part where has custody of his 11 year old brother and they live together in jersey - just the two of them. wtf is the problem with some fans? this is a guy you WANT to root for -

All Pro
    I'm glad he finally had his coming out game. Now hopefully he can develop into a complete WR and get more reps on the field. He definitely has the talent to be a lethal weapon, hopefully he can put it all together on the field.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    These Clowney haters will never let up..This kid could turn out to be the next Wesley Walker for all we know, he's got that kind of speed and big play ability down the field..Give him a chance yoo.

Wes Welker is neither speedy or big play.

Just quick and key play.

Clowney also hasn't shown me he's anywhere near as tough as Welker. He'll get his chance, but I just don't see him making it.

Dare I say it...he doesn't have WR "it."

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Chica me Tipo View Post
    Wes Welker is neither speedy or big play.

Just quick and key play.

Clowney also hasn't shown me he's anywhere near as tough as Welker. He'll get his chance, but I just don't see him making it.

Dare I say it...he doesn't have WR "it."
    Wesley Walker

Wes Welker

Didn't really get "it" did you?

Banned
    I'm high...a's can possibly look like e's.

Even then, he could also suck, but be useful at times.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Chica me Tipo View Post
    I'm high.
    lol

and dyslexic, possibly.

Banned
    ^^ My edits suck.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    To the outsider who doesnt know anything about FLA(me), Delray beach sounds like a pretty inviting place.....warm oceanfront, batrays swimming to and fro in the moonlight.

"shot nine times" just killed that magical aura for me.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post

The guy has homerun talent, everyone loves his speed and potential, including myself. Before we crown him the next Wesley Walker or we decare him the next Reggie Rembert lets give him this year to see if he takes a step forward or he is another false hope.

clowney has been on this team for two seasons. if he hasn't shown enough then it's time to move on. that catch he made against the doltfins was a bit lucky. he didn't exactly catch it with his hands as much as trap it against his body. i don't think i'd want to rely on him catchin a similar pass in a big game. it just won't happen. the twittering thing is more a function of his being on the jets as opposed to something really stupid on his part. rhodes et al have been chirping for many seasons with very little to show for it. this is where rex has got to take absolute control of the team on and off the field or these guys will continue to spew bs.

in this respect mangini had the right idea. this team (and past jets teams) lacks the on field leadership it needs. sure jenkins is making comments but just because he's a good interview doesn't mean he's getting through to the team. same thing with guys like thomas jones and bart scott. that's why it's so important for rex to be the face and persona of the team. at least until they can get their own identity. this is the one thing that parcells did and most successful coaches do.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    sure jenkins is making comments but just because he's a good interview doesn't mean he's getting through to the team. same thing with guys like thomas jones and bart scott. that's why it's so important for rex to be the face and persona of the team. at least until they can get their own identity. this is the one thing that parcells did and most successful coaches do.
    I cant argue with that at all.

All Pro
    clowney has been on this team for two seasons. if he hasn't shown enough then it's time to move on. that catch he made against the doltfins was a bit lucky. he didn't exactly catch it with his hands as much as trap it against his body. i don't think i'd want to rely on him catchin a similar pass in a big game. it just won't happen. the twittering thing is more a function of his being on the jets as opposed to something really stupid on his part. rhodes et al have been chirping for many seasons with very little to show for it. this is where rex has got to take absolute control of the team on and off the field or these guys will continue to spew bs.
    And um...what exactly was Monday Night? A small preseason game? That was a huge catch that set up a TD scoring drive. Trap it against his body too? lol you got to be kidding me. What more do you guys want this guy to do? Catch it with one hand behind his back?

The kid gets gets deactivated for a game for bad practice habits, takes as a lesson to learn from...turns it around and answers the call when put in on the field and yet people still want to bash him.

All League

in this respect mangini had the right idea. this team (and past jets teams) lacks the on field leadership it needs. sure jenkins is making comments but just because he's a good interview doesn't mean he's getting through to the team. same thing with guys like thomas jones and bart scott. that's why it's so important for rex to be the face and persona of the team. at least until they can get their own identity. this is the one thing that parcells did and most successful coaches do.
    so i presume you would have given up on cotch rather than kept him on the team? because it took him longer than 2 seasons to show that he was worth having around...

i'm not one of the big clowney guys on the board, but at this point, with cotch down and smith not producing there is simply no reason not to pull for clowney

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by deadringer View Post
    so i presume you would have given up on cotch rather than kept him on the team? because it took him longer than 2 seasons to show that he was worth having around...

i'm not one of the big clowney guys on the board, but at this point, with cotch down and smith not producing there is simply no reason not to pull for clowney
    Ohhhhhhhh....we hate Tottenham, we hate Tottenham.