Thread: where was clowney and woodhead

All Pro

where was clowney and woodhead

I am very suprised not one pass went clowneys way for a supposedly number 2 WR and why put a guy (woodhead) on the roster and not at least see what he can do. I was talking to some bills fans and they all told me that welker keeps the chains moving against them, in other words they can't stop welker. It doesn't take brains or good route skills to send a guy across the middle. Especially with the banged up LB corps they had. At least that way Sanchez would have been in 3 and 2 downs as opposed to 3 and 8
    Last edited by ucrenegade; 10-19-2009 at 08:40 AM.

All League
    Let me get this straight, you think we should have used a guy that has been a WR for 2 days?

Rookie
    Maybe... Despite the infinite football wisdom of this board, a board that declares Thomas Jones finished, screams for more involvement of Keller, hammers Gholston on a daily basis when his stud replacement off of suspension seems to have made the d worse... maybe this board dose not know everything and Clowney just is not that good

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Let me get this straight, you think we should have used a guy that has been a WR for 2 days?
    could it have really hurt or made the offense worse is the question?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock48nj View Post
    Maybe... Despite the infinite football wisdom of this board, a board that declares Thomas Jones finished, screams for more involvement of Keller, hammers Gholston on a daily basis when his stud replacement off of suspension seems to have made the d worse... maybe this board dose not know everything and Clowney just is not that good
    personally i don't see him as a number 2

All League
    were there any rb screens or Wr screens? not enough. no lets throw the ball downfield through the wind.

All League
    Scotty is an idiot. The guy cannot get out of town fast enough.

clowney sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    I am very suprised not one pass went clowneys way for a supposedly number 2 WR and why put a guy (woodhead) on the roster and not at least see what he can do. I was talking to some bills fans and they all told me that welker keeps the chains moving against them, in other words they can't stop welker. It doesn't take brains or good route skills to send a guy across the middle. Especially with the banged up LB corps they had. At least that way Sanchez would have been in 3 and 2 downs as opposed to 3 and 8

Of course they can't stop Welker. He is a superstar. He had over 110 catches the last 2 years. This year despite missing 2 games he has more catches than anyone on the Jets and will probably get 100+ again. Guys like that are tough to find. And Julian Edelman is a rookie in waiting for that with over 20 catches. It's the system and Brady.

Hall Of Fame
    I don't understand why they didn't try to go to Clowney once.

I can understand not putting Woodhead out there on offense considering he's hardly played WR. He was on the Punting team

I did see Wallace Wright out there

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I don't understand why they didn't try to go to Clowney once.

I can understand not putting Woodhead out there on offense considering he's hardly played WR. He was on the Punting team

I did see Wallace Wright out there
    clowney runs routes like a clown. he isn't physical he's scared, he can't go over the middle. jammed at the line and gives up.

on the other side he is still the best WR in the league in peoples mind on this site

Veteran
    I saw him open several times and Sanchez forced the ball to Edwards or Keller. Just because he didn't have any catches doesn't mean he wasn't open. Look at the QB's stats!