Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez

All Pro

Sanchez

This guy is going to be VERY good...Rookie mistakes...only 23..I have no doubt that he will be good..

Veteran
    Sanchez was lucky not to have several other balls picked off today. That awful sideline throw should have been six the other way. I accept this ineptitude in week one, but not in week nine. Looks like we signed another f**king moron who can't make basic decisions on the field. I don't expect him to be a Pro Bowl caliber QB right now. But, I do think he should be making better decisions on simple plays, which he isn't. No joke, he's starting to scare me with his lack of understanding and ability to learn from past mistakes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Sanchez was lucky not to have several other balls picked off today. That awful sideline throw should have been six the other way. I accept this ineptitude in week one, but not in week nine. Looks like we signed another f**king moron who can't make basic decisions on the field. I don't expect him to be a Pro Bowl caliber QB right now. But, I do think he should be making better decisions on simple plays, which he isn't. No joke, he's starting to scare me with his lack of understanding and ability to learn from past mistakes.
    You would have hated Namath..

All Pro
    He's trying too hard at times...He also made some great throws today. He'll be very very good by age 25/26! Just give him time..I'm more concerned about Rex and Schotty.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I saw him play throughout his career. He's an immortal for getting us our one ring, but Namath is not among the greatest ever. Not even close. And Sanchez will never be in Namath's league.

Banned
    Sanchez will be fine especially if we lock up Braylon Edwards. The Kellen Clemens-lovers are throwing their weekly party after the Jets lose and blaming everything on our rookie QB.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    He's trying too hard at times...He also made some great throws today. He'll be very very good by age 25/26! Just give him time..I'm more concerned about Rex and Schotty.
    Our main concern next off-season has to be defensive line and finding a pass rusher. Like it or not, and I know the Clemens groupies won't, Mark Sanchez will be our starting QB for a long time.

All Pro
    So would most fans. The guy had a losing record as a starter and threw more INTs than TDs...

Veteran
    +1

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Our main concern next off-season has to be defensive line and finding a pass rusher. Like it or not, and I know the Clemens groupies won't, Mark Sanchez will be our starting QB for a long time.
    our big concern this off-season should be finding somebody to man the other side of the field, opposite Revis.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    i agree it was awful, but there was no way that would have been 6 the other way. it was 3-4 feet outta bounds. it would have been a great catch if he got the int, but no way he's running with it.

oh, and this "ineptitude" is EXACTLY what rookie qb's go through. thinking too much, forcing things, bad decisions. and yes, even on simple plays.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    So would most fans. The guy had a losing record as a starter and threw more INTs than TDs...
    In the no rules era that Namath played other excellent QB's didn't do much better.. Ever hear of Norm Van Brocklin or John Hadl?? They had 15 Pro bowls and all threw more picks then TD's.. The rules didn't change till 78..And more since then..

Hall Of Fame
    He is a rookie and he has been thrown into the fire. There really is no way to form any final opinions at this point. With that said.

(1) He gets late hit more than anyone else I have ever seen.

(2) He has a habit of bouncing the ball to receivers after he has been decked.

(3) He locks on to one and only one receiver often missing very wide open guys.

(4) He throws more hospital passes than anyone else I have ever seen. His receivers will start to abandon him in their own self interest if they haven't done so already. You simply cannot put yopur receivers into that much harm's way and have a career in the NFL. He needs to fix this and fast.

(5) He has flashed at least some of the "comeback" gene but he has also flashed the "cannot finish the job" gene which puts him in the company of a certain noodle-arm former Jets QB so far.

(6) By rights he shoud have thrown fifteen or twenty more picks this year than he has actaully thrown. Today it could easliy have been four by halftime and the threw at least six which should have been intercepted today. Sanchez has been lucky in this regard. His stats are better than the reality here.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    And the big fear of sitting The Franchez and starting Clemens was......Interceptions. Irony.

But I do agree, this is what happenes when you start a greenhorn rookie QB with a thin resume and lots of unproven potential. It's rarely easy, it's rarely pleasant early, and it must be considered a long-term investment of suffering for future (hoped for) greatness.

No doubt though, Sanchez is having a very poor year. Lots of mistakes, little improvement thus far, some fallback actually.

But he IS the future (at least the next 7 games and the following two seasons) no matter how good or bad he turns out to be. So all one can do is sit back, and hope the true-believers in this kid, incl. Ryan, were right.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    (4) He throws more hospital passes than anyone else I have ever seen. His receivers will start to abandon him in their own self interest if they haven't done so already. You simply cannot put yopur receivers into that much harm's way and have a career in the NFL. He needs to fix this and fast.

(6) By rights he shoud have thrown fifteen or twenty more picks this year than he has actaully thrown. Today it could easliy have been four by halftime and the threw at least six which should have been intercepted today. Sanchez has been lucky in this regard. His stats are better than the reality here.
    4 - talk about forgetting about penningtons floaters. those were in every way the most hospital like passes ever.

6 - i'm sure you could say that for a number of qb's in the nfl. that's the game of football. that's why there's the very common joke, "he's a DB because he can't catch."

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    He is a rookie and he has been thrown into the fire. There really is no way to form any final opinions at this point. With that said.

(1) He gets late hit more than anyone else I have ever seen.

(2) He has a habit of bouncing the ball to receivers after he has been decked.

(3) He locks on to one and only one receiver often missing very wide open guys.

(5) He has flashed at least some of the "comeback" gene but he has also flashed the "cannot finish the job" gene which puts him in the company of a certain noodle-arm former Jets QB so far.

you must stop being realistic about SANCHEZ. You are going to upset his fans here that are prone to hero worship. They see no faults; only make excuses. I believe he is a very talented QB and will be a force in the future. But when fans are blind to his faults, it becomes laughable. He has all the tools to be a winning QB and needs no excuses from fans.

Banned
    I live in L.A. and watched a lot of Sanchez in college, he just wasn't that good. He had a great team around him and that made things easy on him. Great OLine, he never had to deal with a pass rush. It was a run first offense and defenses played them for the run. His first option on pass plays was almost always open because his WRs were so good. All this added up to some good stats, but nothing amazing. In college you could tell he had trouble reading the field but it didn't matter because throwing to his first option usually worked because USC was so much better than the competition.

I'm sorry Markolytes, but your guy just isn't that good.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalomaniac View Post
    4 - talk about forgetting about penningtons floaters. those were in every way the most hospital like passes ever.

6 - i'm sure you could say that for a number of qb's in the nfl. that's the game of football. that's why there's the very common joke, "he's a DB because he can't catch."
    Penny tossed floaters no doubt and some were hospital passes but by and large he led his receivers to the safe side very well. Sanchez has been killing Keller, Cotch and Edwards out there.

Listen we went with the throw him into the fire approach and we are getting mixed returns. It is not all terrible but he has a lot of work to do.

All Pro
    The fact that he only played 1 season in college and he is a rookie playing the most difficult position in professional sports, i think he is doing awesome.

Elway, Both Manning's, Brees, Aikman - we could continue to name drop. All had seriously rough rookie years. Here's why I still love his upside - he can throw on the run going both directions with strength and accuracy. He's got heart - he throw's his hat into a play every chance he gets. He's got class out there - no Brady pouting and cying like a baby. Today after Nelson led with his head at Mark's head (bigtime fine coming on that one) Mark got up brushed it off and went back to work - a few catches by classic sophmore slump Keller and this game looks different....