Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Killer was Rhodes on the Blown Coverage

Rookie

The Killer was Rhodes on the Blown Coverage

Right before the snap on the 30 yard pass to the Jaguars tight end on the final drive, Jim Leonhard is screaming at Rhodes probably telling him he was in the wrong position (he was on the line)and had to cover deep. Then the tight end blows tight by him. That play cost us the game.

All League
    I agree 100%. That was brutal. Put me finally in the corner with those believing Rhodes is an overrated bigmouth.

All Pro
    Actually the play was supposed to have help over the top and Leonard was trying to change the play or something but couldn't. Forget the exact details but Leonard said it in his press conference.

That play is actually on Leonard...as much as we hate to all admit.

Hall Of Fame
    Yeah the three td's from the first half weren't the killer.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Just saw this on TV. Rhodes is too busy envisioning his post game tweet... sickening. trade him and package sadbacker.. This team makes me sick

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    Actually the play was supposed to have help over the top and Leonard was trying to change the play or something but couldn't. Forget the exact details but Leonard said it in his press conference.

That play is actually on Leonard...as much as we hate to all admit.
    What? No - Leonard was yelling to Rhodes, and Rhodes didn't hear him... if Rhodes heard him... who knows... be that as it may... Lewis still burned Rhodes. BURNED HIM.

All Pro
    Glad to see that someone noticed Rhodes incredible mess up!

All League
    Yep, that was a killer all right.

Along with a bunch of other things that were just as important:

- Not being able to tackle Jones-Drew in the first half.
    - Not getting a pass rush from just the front four.
    - Bart Scott falling down in coverage.
    - Our rookie QB making a truckload of mistakes with the ball.
    - Our super-freak-athlete "now we have a legit #1" WR not being able to secure the ball, either while he's catching it, or when he's running with it.
    - Dustin Keller thinking he's running a 100 meter hurdle in Beijing, instead of just lowering his shoulder and running through people.

Etc.

Hall Of Fame
    leonard might have called a Time Out there.

All League
    You can also look at it this way. If the Jags don't fumble on the 1, the game would have been done.

All Pro
    It's Rex Ryan's fault. He asked the crowd to be loud when the Jaguars had the ball and the defense couldn't hear the signals.

Be careful what you wish for.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Hustle View Post
    Just saw this on TV. Rhodes is too busy envisioning his post game tweet... sickening. trade him and package sadbacker.. This team makes me sick
    +1
    For all the mouth that idiot has had this season he has done ZERO on the field to back it up!!! It's time for him to shut up and play!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Zaius View Post
    What? No - Leonard was yelling to Rhodes, and Rhodes didn't hear him... if Rhodes heard him... who knows... be that as it may... Lewis still burned Rhodes. BURNED HIM.
    Leonhard blamed himself for trying to make a last-second change on the play call rather than call a timeout.

We initially set a coverage and I was trying to get it switched, Leonhard said. I was trying to get it changed. It was too late. We cant allow a big play like that. That kills you.
    I'm not defending Rhodes, he has been horrible. Either way it was a miscommunication and cost us.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Rhodes has been overrated for a long time. Unfortunately for him, his mediocrity is exposed in the Rex D.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    +1
    For all the mouth that idiot has had this season he has done ZERO on the field to back it up!!! It's time for him to shut up and play!
    Its funny because I was saying this to my father all game. he played like **** today.

This guy goes on sny, wfan, twitter etc... with his self promoting bs and has never filled the shoes of a top notch safety like Bob Sanders, Polamalu or Ed Reed, but still seems to refer to himself like he belongs in their company.

I hope he goes on Boomer and Carton this week and both callers and Carton call him out on his weak ass play

He is garbage. I wouldn't mind seeing us take a playmaking Saftey in the draft. Looks like we could end up with a top 10 pick.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by rlucas4137 View Post
    Its funny because I was saying this to my father all game. he played like **** today.

This guy goes on sny, wfan, twitter etc... with his self promoting bs and has never filled the shoes of a top notch safety like Bob Sanders, Polamalu or Ed Reed, but still seems to refer to himself like he belongs in their company.

I hope he goes on Boomer and Carton this week and both callers and Carton call him out on his weak ass play
    I started a thread on this 3 weeks ago....Rhodes talks as if he is a playmaker, yet that was 2 years ago, he hasnt produced a thing in the past 2 seasons.

According to Rex and Leonard he was supposed to have help on that last play, but seriously, he CANT COVER MERCEDES LEWIS ONE ON ONE? That is the real issue. So it was a blown coverage, this wasnt Gate or Witten, Rhodes got beat and thats it story of the season with him. He hasnt done a thing.

He also missed an early interception, and is still without an int, sack, fum recovery....pretty clear he isnt half the player he thinks he is.

Such a dissapointment.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    I'm not defending Rhodes, he has been horrible. Either way it was a miscommunication and cost us.
    Gotcha.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Rhodes has been overrated for a long time. Unfortunately for him, his mediocrity is exposed in the Rex D.
    It was exposed last year too... remember, our secondary is what ultimately cost us the playoffs... Favre's interceptions were the icing... the fact that guys like Seneca Wallace carved us up in the snow/rain like Joe Montana was a bigger part of the problem.

All League
    Eric Berry :x