Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bart Scott: Rex and Mike Pettine were outcoached by the Jag

Hall Of Fame

Bart Scott: Rex and Mike Pettine were outcoached by the Jag

Scott’s take: According to the ‘‘Mad Backer’’ himself, Jets coach Rex Ryan and defensive coordinator Mike Pettine were outcoached by the Jags.

‘‘What we studied for and what we looked at on film, none of those things kind of held true,’’ said LB Bart Scott. ‘‘They went away from a lot of their tendencies.’’

The result was 250 yards total offense and 21 points in the first half.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/200...es_ny_jet.html

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Scott’s take: According to the ‘‘Mad Backer’’ himself, Jets coach Rex Ryan and defensive coordinator Mike Pettine were outcoached by the Jags.

‘‘What we studied for and what we looked at on film, none of those things kind of held true,’’ said LB Bart Scott. ‘‘They went away from a lot of their tendencies.’’

Think Wrecks will cry when he reads this?

Hall Of Fame
    Good job by Scott--who's been awful this last month--for throwing the coaching staff under the bus.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Good job by Scott--who's been awful this last month--for throwing the coaching staff under the bus.
    The coaching staff that brought him to NY and gave him a $48M contract.

What a professional and leader this fraud is.....

Hall Of Fame

The last play we've seen Scott make was in preseason ripping the ball out of Brandon Jacobs' arms.

Seriously. Him and Rhodes have done nothing in this defense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

And Ray Lewis said he wasn't about to give the Ravens a home town discount then when no Team offered what he wanted went back butt kissing all the way.. Rex knows how Bart was and I have no problem with him speaking his mind. One of the Pats said BB got outcoached by Mangini in one of our wins up there.. Did he throw BB under the Bus??

Veteran

Very misleading title.
    That's not what he said at all.
    I'm assuming that "They" that Scott was referring to is the Jags. He's saying that the Jags coaches did a good job of going against what they normally do to confuse the Jets and make a lot of the tape review irrelevant. Yes, that's good coaching by the Jags, but is not a refferendum on the Jets coaching staff.

In fact, if that's the case, then didn't the Jets coaching staff do a good job when the defense came out and stuffed the Jags all (ok -ALMOST all) of the 2nd half? Obviously, they made lots of halftime adjustments that worked.

Do you think he's suggesting that the Jets coaches should've known that the Jags would not do what they normally do, their tendencies, and gameplan for something unknown?

C'mon. I know that losing is frustrating, but lets all relax a bit.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    And Ray Lewis said he wasn't about to give the Ravens a home town discount then when no Team offered what he wanted went back butt kissing all the way.. Rex knows how Bart was and I have no problem with him speaking his mind. One of the Pats said BB got outcoached by Mangini in one of our wins up there.. Did he throw BB under the Bus??
    Fair enough. We, as fans, can say it but do do you want your "leader" on defense to say this about a 1st year HC that has lost 5 out of the last 6 games?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post

Just as I did not like when Rex made it public about his intention to seek coaching help, Scott's torching of his coaches--and supposed friends and mentors--in the media is astounding. This guy is dead to me. Scott has shown himself to be nothing more than a carnival huckster, more intent on saving his dwindling reputation than supporting his team. All talk and no loyalty or substance. The type of player and person we don't need.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Just as I did not like when Rex made it public about his intention to seek coaching help, Scott's torching of his coaches--and supposed friends and mentors--in the media is astounding. This guy is dead to me. Scott has shown himself to be nothing more than a carnival huckster, more intent on saving his dwindling reputation than supporting his team. All talk and no loyalty or substance. The type of player and person we don't need.
    Definitely not a Mangini guy.

Sorry, had to take the lay up.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by TDJETS10 View Post
    Very misleading title.
    I'm assuming that "They" that Scott was referring to is the Jags. He's saying that the Jags coaches did a good job of going against what they normally do to confuse the Jets and make a lot of the tape review irrelevant. Yes, that's good coaching by the Jags, but is not a refferendum on the Jets coaching staff.

In fact, if that's the case, then didn't the Jets coaching staff do a good job when the defense came out and stuffed the Jags all (ok -ALMOST all) of the 2nd half? Obviously, they made lots of halftime adjustments that worked.

Do you think he's suggesting that the Jets coaches should've known that the Jags would not do what they normally do, their tendencies, and gameplan for something unknown?

Thank you!

the rest of you guys a ridiculous. Title shifts the context enough for people to unfairly append it to Bart's comment.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Fair enough. We, as fans, can say it but do do you want your "leader" on defense to say this about a 1st year HC that has lost 5 out of the last 6 games?
    I have no problem with any player speaking what he believes to be the truth..And the majority of fans here are members of the Chicken Little the Sky is falling brigade and say stuff that makes no sense at all..

Banned
    Very misleading title.

Also horrible because Scott includes himself in the criticism.

I think we just lost and since we lost the week has to be filled with stuff like this.

TDJETS is one of the few in this thread with a clue.

How the hell are the Jets supposed to gameplan for something that a team has NEVER SHOWN??? Perhaps they can engage in some telepathy so they can learn what the other team plans to do before the game actually starts.

The best you can do as a coaching staff is to look at film and base your decisions off of what a team did in the past.

Once the game starts, the best you can do is make adjustments. And let's be honest, the Jags didn't exactly tear it up offensively.

All League
    Very misleading title.

+1

Thank you.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Think Wrecks will cry when he reads this?
    Silly question.

Ofcourse he will.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsVille51 View Post
    Thank you!

the rest of you guys a ridiculous. Title shifts the context enough for people to unfairly append it to Bart's comment.
    Sorry. I'll be sure to let Hutch know since he was the writer. I took his 1st sentence and made it the title. I guess I'm ready to be a Jets beat writer.

Hall Of Fame
    I dont get the Bart hate. What did you people expect out of him? Is our defense not better than it was last year? He's really the only addition, making the calls out there. I've seen him make really good plays behind the line of scrimmage. Of course I've seen him miss on some tackles and that sucks and it's definitely not what I expected to see as often as it's occurred. However, the Jets defense is better as a whole because of him, like it or not. And he's made alot of quality plays during the games too.

Some of you just get an opinion in your head and then run with it regardless of what the player is actually doing. Once you think someone hasn't performed to your likings then he's trash and worthless. That really is a loser mentality.

Rookie
    Sorry. I'll be sure to let Hutch know since he was the writer. I took his 1st sentence and made it the title. I guess I'm ready to be a Jets beat writer.
    on this topic:

Bart Scott's quote = objective
    Hutch's interpretation = subjective

You're right though, you could be a beat writer. You managed to get people to pick up the pitch forks and torches pretty quickly.
    Last edited by JetsVille51; 11-18-2009 at 11:03 AM.

All Pro
    This is one of the major problems of living/playing in the Media capital of the world. They try to twist and manipulate every word spoken. I don't think Bart's intentions were to throw the coaching staff under the bus or speak about them in a negative light. He was giving the Jags their props for changing things up and throwing something at us that we hadn't seen before. No big deal, now the team needs to pull together and play better.