Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now I'm getting a bit worried..

All League

Now I'm getting a bit worried..

The thing thats getting me a bit worried about Sanchez is that he isn't learning from his mistakes. Hes doing the same dumb things over and over. Staring down receivers, not knowing when to throw it away (that play from his own goal line where he rolled out to the left and just threw it up for grabs - incomprehensibly stupid), still holding the ball low and loose like its a freakin' purse.

I don't know if there is a total failure of coaching or if Sanchez is just a bit of a dumbass, but these things SHOULD be simple fixes (particularly how he holds the ball in the pocket), but he keeps making the same mistakes.

I'm getting a bit worried about him now, because he isn't LEARNING. Hes regressing...and with the season on the line (and now over), putting in the veteran would have been the right thing to do for the team.

Now its all garbage time. Sanchez better start looking better as the season goes on, otherwise it won't bode well for the future.

All Pro
    Thats why he is a rookie. Rookies dont show a linear progression in learning. They are all over the map.

Shyt. Eli looked that way for like 3 years/ Hot and Cold. Hot and Cold

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by woodside View Post
    Thats why he is a rookie. Rookies dont show a linear progression in learning. They are all over the map.

Shyt. Eli looked that way for like 3 years/ Hot and Cold. Hot and Cold
    And all the various bust QBs throughout History, yep, they all looked that way too. Hot and Cold, mostly Cold.

This is the worst kind of false logic: Manning looked bad then got great, so Sanchez what, must end up good? Really?

Prove it.

Prove he is Manning, based on facts, and that he is not Browning Nagle II (that statisticly most likely truth here given NFL QB History).

All League
    Rex just stated he won't bench Sanchez because the only way to learn is through playing. I can't disagree more!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    And all the various bust QBs throughout History, yep, they all looked that way too. Hot and Cold, mostly Cold.

This is the worst kind of false logic: Manning looked bad then got great, so Sanchez what, must end up good? Really?

Prove it.

Prove he is Manning, based on facts, and that he is not Browning Nagle II (that statisticly most likely truth here given NFL QB History).
    Dont have to prove anything. I didnt put Sanchez in Canton. What I am saying is that anyone putting him in the trash is overreacting. Big Time overreacting.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by woodside View Post
    Dont have to prove anything. I didnt put Sanchez in Canton. What I am saying is that anyone putting him in the trash is overreacting. Big Time overreacting.
    The Trash is the only place his play on the field to-date (the ONLY facts we have to base opinions on) warrants.

I'm fine with hope and optimism, when it's based on something more than "he's our QB and we're stuck with him, so we all just have to say he'll be great no matter the 149 INT's thus far".

Veteran
    The Trash is the only place his play on the field to-date (the ONLY facts we have to base opinions on) warrants.

I'm fine with hope and optimism, when it's based on something more than "he's our QB and we're stuck with him, so we all just have to say he'll be great no matter the 149 INT's thus far".
    Not true. Although Sanchez has certainly $h!t the bed in 3 games out of 10 this year, I don't think you could argue that he didn't play well/do enough to lead the Jets to win in the other 7. The 3 losses can certainly be magnified because he did so poorly, but going into the year if you expected him to do more than that, then your expectations were too high.

Veteran
    Sanchez' mistakes today were abysmal. Stop making excuses for the guy. This is week 10, and some of those attempts were below Pop Warner level. They were not rookie errors, but ones made by someone who appears to have no decision making abilities or basic reasoning capabilities. That ball he put up for grabs in the fourth quarter was one of the worst throws I've ever seen.

Also, all you Schotty defenders should really take notice at what a horrendous game plan he developed for today. sanchez was a joke, but he was also sand bagged by that moron's inability to use his running attack to help his rookie QB. Rex, fire Scotty tonight.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by njherdfan View Post
    Not true. Although Sanchez has certainly $h!t the bed in 3 games out of 10 this year, I don't think you could argue that he didn't play well/do enough to lead the Jets to win in the other 7. The 3 losses can certainly be magnified because he did so poorly, but going into the year if you expected him to do more than that, then your expectations were too high.
    The problem, as Warfish so eloquently stated, is that Sanchez has not improved as the season has progressed. He does not seem to be learning from his mistakes. He honestly does not belong anywhere near an NFL field at this point.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post
    The thing thats getting me a bit worried about Sanchez is that he isn't learning from his mistakes. Hes doing the same dumb things over and over. Staring down receivers, not knowing when to throw it away (that play from his own goal line where he rolled out to the left and just threw it up for grabs - incomprehensibly stupid), still holding the ball low and loose like its a freakin' purse.

I don't know if there is a total failure of coaching or if Sanchez is just a bit of a dumbass, but these things SHOULD be simple fixes (particularly how he holds the ball in the pocket), but he keeps making the same mistakes.

I'm getting a bit worried about him now, because he isn't LEARNING. Hes regressing...and with the season on the line (and now over), putting in the veteran would have been the right thing to do for the team.

Now its all garbage time. Sanchez better start looking better as the season goes on, otherwise it won't bode well for the future.
    +1 great post

All League
    I know he's a rookie but some of these mistakes he should not be making anymore.He is not accurate at all
    I'm not gonna give up on him,but next year Sanchez should start but we need to sign a veteran just in case he just keeps sucking

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    I know he's a rookie but some of these mistakes he should not be making anymore.He is not accurate at all
    I'm not gonna give up on him,but next year Sanchez should start
    but we need to sign a veteran just in case he just keeps sucking

Do you mean for next year?

Hall Of Fame
    Amazing just how much grief Clemens took in his first 5 ot 6 games as a pro with a worse o-line and worse team. The same people who were crucifying Clemens when he had very few starts are saying have faith with Sanchez in some cases.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Amazing just how much grief Clemens took in his first 5 ot 6 games as a pro with a worse o-line and worse team. The same people who were crucifying Clemens when he had very few starts are saying have faith with Sanchez in some cases.
    +1
    . . . and that pisses me off!

Veteran
    Clemens also wasn't a rookie, and he'd been a starter for 3 years in college.

Hall Of Fame
    Indeed he stayed on the bench for a full year and was a 3 year starter in college though he was injured.

Kind of indicates that 1) Sanchez should not have been the start this year. 2) The old stat about a guy having so few college starts and getting drafted is a hige gamble.

Hall Of Fame
    and Clemens is still taking grief from them! They also fail to say that HENNE has outplayed SANCHEZ and does not make the mistakes he does. Stafford seems to be coming on and improving as the season goes along. Sanchez is regressing!

I wonder how SANCHEZ would have fared with the team that CLEMENS had to play with. No OL; No healthy receivers and a run game that did not do that great! Plus poor game plans designed for a weak armed QB. IMO Sanchez would be out of the NFL now if he had to deal with what Kellen did.

Hall Of Fame
    please tell us how many times CLEMENS even practiced with the first team prior to his first start on an NFL team. Thank you. He was a second year player with NO playing experience in the NFL!!!!! The point is that Kellen had a far inferior team then Sanchez has. Please do not fail to mention that mere fact. How well do you think Sanchez would have played with no OL at all; hurt receivers; weak run game, as in the same team that Clemens played with?

Hall Of Fame

Prove it.

I don't have game by game stats but I wonder how Peyton's rookie year was. think he might have been hot, cold,hot cold?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    and Clemens is still taking grief from them! They also fail to say that HENNE has outplayed SANCHEZ and does not make the mistakes he does. Stafford seems to be coming on and improving as the season goes along. Sanchez is regressing!

I wonder how SANCHEZ would have fared with the team that CLEMENS had to play with. No OL; No healthy receivers and a run game that did not do that great! Plus poor game plans designed for a weak armed QB. IMO Sanchez would be out of the NFL now if he had to deal with what Kellen did.
    Henne is not a rookie. What shows Stafford improving and coming along? I'm looking at his stats and don't see huge progression or something. Plus he's thrown it about 60 more times then Sanchez has. Sanchez is averaging what 25 throws a game?

Who cares what Clemens could or would have done....he had his chance and lost it. Beat out Pennington...he didn't.He could have beat out Sanchez and did nothing to put himself ahead.