Thread: Bring on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Banned

Bring on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The Jets should dominate this 1-10 team for 4 quarters strong. There is no way in hell that Rex Ryan will allow this Jets team to overlook the Bucs because of their record; he's no Eric Mangini.

Buccaneers Offensive Game Stats:
    16.5 Points per game; Ranked 28th.
    274.8 yards per game, Ranked 28th.
    15.1 1st downs per game, Ranked 27th.
    3rd down % of 31.0, ranked 28th.
    Average time of possession of 28:10 mins per game; ranked 28th.

Buccaneers Passing Offense:
    190 pass completions, ranked 28th.
    359 pass attempts, ranked 18th.
    32.6 pass attempts per game, ranked 18th.
    Completion % of 52.9, ranked 29th.
    5.8 yards per pass attempts, ranked 29th.
    176 passing yards per game, ranked 25th.
    15 passing TD's on the season, ranked 16th.
    16 passing INT's on the season, ranked 28th.
    Passing long of 47 yards, ranked 31st.
    25 passing plays of 20+ yards, ranked 26th.
    3 passing plays of 40+ yards, ranked 23rd.
    They've been sacked 24 times, ranked 14th.
    Passing rating of 65.6, ranked 27th.

Buccaneers Rushing Offense:
    24.3 rushing attempts per game, ranked 26th.
    98.2 rushing yards per game, ranked 23rd.
    4.0 yards per rushing attempt, ranked 21st.
    4 rushing TD's on the season, ranked 29th.
    Rushing long of 35, ranked 29th.
    55 rushing plays for 1st downs, ranked 20th.
    6 runs of 20+ yards, ranked 18th.
    0 run plays of 40+ yards, ranked 32nd.
    10 rushing fumbles, ranked 30th.

As you can see, this Bucs Offense is beyond horrid, it's pathetic. They struggle putting up points on the board, they struggle throwing the ball, they struggle passing the ball, the struggle protecting the ball... Against this Jets Defense, under Rex Ryan? I honestly cant see them scoring anything more than 10 points next Sunday.

Buccaneers Defensive Game Stats:
    They've allowed an average of 28.5 points per game, ranked 31st.
    They've allowed an average of 370.9 yards per game, ranked 26th.
    They've allowed an average of 20.5 1st downs per game, ranked 29th.
    They've been on the field an average of 31:50 mins per game, ranked 27th.

Buccanners Pass Defense:
    Opposing O's pass the ball an average of 29.1 times per game, ranked 3rd.
    Allowing 210.5 passing yards per game, ranked 11th.
    Allowing an average of 7.7 yards per passing attempt, ranked 26th.
    They've allowed 24 passing TD's on the season, ranked 30th.
    12 Defensive INT's on the season, ranked 7th.
    Allowing 121 passing 1st downs, ranked 14th.
    Allowed a passing long of 80 yards, ranked 26th.
    They've allowed 27 pass plays of 20+ yards, ranked 8th.
    They've allowed 10 pass plays of 40+ yards, ranked 27th.
    23 Defensive sacks, ranked 19th.
    Pass Defense rating of 93.3, 27th worst ranked in the league.

Buccanners Rush Defense:
    Opposing O's average 33.6 rushing attempts per game, ranked 4th most.
    Allowing 160.4 rush yards per game, ranked 30th.
    They've allowed 12 rushing TD's on the season, ranked 23rd.
    Allowing 4.8 yards per rushing attempt, ranked 29th.
    Allowed a rushing long of 45, ranked 11th.
    They've allowed 87 rushing 1st downs on the season, ranked 28th.
    They've allowed 14 run's of 20+ yards, ranked 30th.
    They've allowed 2 run's of 40+ yards, ranked 16th.

This Bucs Defense has a really tough time defending the pass, their Run Defense is just as bad as the Bills, and honestly, I could picture our O-Line Manhandling this Bucs front 7 for 4 quarters strong. 40+ rushing attempts could have Thomas Jones, Shonn Greene and the Jets rushing Offense with back to back games of 240+ rushing yards on the ground.

Our Secondary matches up great against this Bucs passing Offense, our Front 7 should be able to eat this Bucs rushing attack alive, behind a pretty bad O-Line.

If Mark Sanchez plays, I could see the score being something like 34-9
    If Kellen Clemens plays, I could see the score being something like 23-9

I just cant see this Jets team allowing anything more than 10 points against this down and out Bucs Offense. As far as the Defense goes, it could be worse than the Bills...A team where we could have, and should have put up about 17 more points.
    Last edited by DefenseWinsChampionships2; 12-05-2009 at 04:11 PM.

All Pro
    We have some time bf we get our popcorn ready.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    We have some time bf we get our popcorn ready.
    I know thats right.

Just cant stop thinking of next Sunday, it's not often that I get to see the Jets live in action! I live less than 30 mins away from the Stadium, just cant wait for the game

Just my luck, Mark Sanchez wont play and I'll have to root for Kellen Clemens, but if thats what it takes, for Sanchez to be 100% for that Falcons game; I'm all for it.

All League
    You do have a life, right?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    I know thats right.

Just cant stop thinking of next Sunday, it's not often that I get to see the Jets live in action! I live less than 30 mins away from the Stadium, just cant wait for the game

Just my luck, Mark Sanchez wont play and I'll have to root for Kellen Clemens, but if thats what it takes, for Sanchez to be 100% for that Falcons game; I'm all for it.
    Sanchez will play bc every game from here on out is a playoff game for the JETS!!! If the Jets lose one more game their season is over.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I know thats right.

I love the enthusiasm

By the way mad props to you, the jets are the #1 defense in the league right now and the ravens defense isn't that good this year like u said, i guess rex was really the mastermind after all these years. Throw in bart scott, douglas, and leonhard, and its easy to see why the jets have had such a big turnaround on d.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of War 599 View Post
    I love the enthusiasm

By the way mad props to you, the jets are the #1 defense in the league right now and the ravens defense isn't that good this year like u said, i guess rex was really the mastermind after all these years. Throw in bart scott, douglas, and leonhard, and its easy to see why the jets have had such a big turnaround on d.
    Ray Lewis is the leader of that Ravens Defense, but Bart Scott was also a pretty huge Defensive Leader at the same time. Losing Rex Ryan meant that the Ravens lost a DC that could send the pressure, send the blitz from all different types of angles. Rex Ryan has also done a great job of scouting out opposing O's M-Saturday before the game, giving his Defense solid 411 on what to expect. Thats the reason why I love the whole red light, yellow light, green light thing with Mark Sanchez, thats because Rex Ryan understands the Defensive side of the game, and is giving Sanchez information on what to expect from opposing D's. Rex isn't calling the plays, Marty's boy is; Rex Ryan is just giving Mark Sanchez a heads up on what type of pressure to expect.

The loss of Rex Ryan and Bart Scott were huge L's for that Ravens Defense. Who was taking over as the Ravens new DC? Bet it wasn't a Rex Ryan, Dick Leabu or Monte Kiffin type of Defensive guru. Who was taking the place of Bart Scott opposite of Ray Lewis? Bet it wasn't a leader such as Bart Scott.

As far as Jim Leonard goes...Who knows what he really meant to that Ravens D, but it's clear to see that he's an amazing upgrade when compared to a S such as Abram Elam who couldn't defend the pass to save his life.

Then you another player like Lito Sheppard, Dwight Lowery with another year of playing time and experience, it was pretty damn obvious that the Jets D would be serious this season under Rex Ryan.

All Pro
    Ray Lewis is the leader of that Ravens Defense, but Bart Scott was also a pretty huge Defensive Leader at the same time. Losing Rex Ryan meant that the Ravens lost a DC that could send the pressure, send the blitz from all different types of angles. Rex Ryan has also done a great job of scouting out opposing O's M-Saturday before the game, giving his Defense solid 411 on what to expect. Thats the reason why I love the whole red light, yellow light, green light thing with Mark Sanchez, thats because Rex Ryan understands the Defensive side of the game, and is giving Sanchez information on what to expect from opposing D's. Rex isn't calling the plays, Marty's boy is; Rex Ryan is just giving Mark Sanchez a heads up on what type of pressure to expect.

The loss of Rex Ryan and Bart Scott were huge L's for that Ravens Defense. Who was taking over as the Ravens new DC? Bet it wasn't a Rex Ryan, Dick Leabu or Monte Kiffin type of Defensive guru. Who was taking the place of Bart Scott opposite of Ray Lewis? Bet it wasn't a leader such as Bart Scott.

As far as Jim Leonard goes...Who knows what he really meant to that Ravens D, but it's clear to see that he's an amazing upgrade when compared to a S such as Abram Elam who couldn't defend the pass to save his life.

Then you another player like Lito Sheppard, Dwight Lowery with another year of playing time and experience, it was pretty damn obvious that the Jets D would be serious this season under Rex Ryan.
    Great Post and spot on! I Think the Ravens organization and players underestimated the value of Ryan (they were all touting how great they would be with or without Ryan and totally trying to dismiss his value).

Thumbs up

DWC-2,
    Meet us at the tailgate party before the game!(10am-1pm)
    See sticky/post above...B.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    DWC-2,
    $500 to whoever breaks his fingers...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Where do we donate?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    DWC-2,
    Sweet! Thanks for the invite.

Look foward to it!

I actually got a Jets authentic Jersey that I got off E-Bay last year for only 25 dollars, without the number and letter though. It was just a really good deal that I couldn't pass up because NFL authentic Jerseys run $100+ right?

I plan on getting the #2 on the Jersey before the game, along with "DefenseWinsChampionships" across the back, and sporting it out to the game! That way, if any TB area Jet fans/JI posters spot me walking around Raymond James, they'll know it's me

Honestly...If I can get it done, I would NEVER sport that Jersey out to the meadowlands, may end up being the last time I ever seen the Jets play lol

If not, I'll sport my Ellis jersey :

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Where do we donate?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Sweet! Thanks for the invite.

Look foward to it!

I actually got a Jets authentic Jersey that I got off E-Bay last year for only 25 dollars, without the number and letter though. It was just a really good deal that I couldn't pass up because NFL authentic Jerseys run $100+ right?

I plan on getting the #2 on the Jersey before the game, along with "DefenseWinsChampionships" across the back, and sporting it out to the game! That way, if any TB area Jet fans/JI posters spot me walking around Raymond James, they'll know it's me

Honestly...If I can get it done, I would NEVER sport that Jersey out to the meadowlands, may end up being the last time I ever seen the Jets play lol

If not, I'll sport my Ellis jersey :
    Why not wear your Dolphins jersey?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Why not wear your Dolphins jersey?
    lol, Good one

LOL...

All League
    hell yeah the Jets are so much better than Tampa that sorry team has only won once we are hot we......

So this being the Jets you know what all this means

Tampa Bay 17
    Jets 14

come on everyone you know from being Jets fans this is gonna happen,I hope not but it's just our fate for the Jets to start getting our hopes up..and then lose to a sorry team

All League
    lol, Good one
    DWC, you are a good dude...the enthusiasm/optimism is a welcome change from alot of the miserable f*cks on this site. The Jets should be 8-6 going into Indy, & they'll hopefully have nothing to play for (Indy, that is)...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    DWC, you are a good dude...the enthusiasm/optimism is a welcome change from alot of the miserable f*cks on this site. The Jets should be 8-6 going into Indy, & they'll hopefully have nothing to play for (Indy, that is)...
    Thanks for the kind words man, means alot.

I'll throw in another $20. Another $300 to break his computer too.