ILB David Harris
    ILB Bart Scott
    OLB Jerry Hughes

CB Darrelle Revis
    CB Dwight Lowery

FS Nate Allen

SS Jim Leonhard

All Pro
    Jets can't go wrong with Hughes in the 1st.

I'd prefer CBTNY's boy S Kurt Coleman in the 2nd.

I admittedly haven't seen Price play but this looks like a good spot to draft a playmaker.

All Pro
    P.S. Would love to bring back Pennington, too...

Veteran
    Jets fans need to let go of this Richard Seymour pipe dream. First of all, he will get franchised by the Raiders, who won't let their investment go for nothing. Even if they don't, for some bizarre reason, franchise him, then he'll still demand over 8 million per year, which the Jets can't afford. Also, I see no reason to cut Jones, especially if the year is going to be uncapped. With how well he's playing this year, there's no reason not to bring him back. Also, there's no way Rhodes is gonna garner a 3rd

Waterboy
    i dont think we will cut Jones or Sheppard. They are both having great seasons. You dont just cut one of the best RB's. Sheppard is a very good corner. teams are forced to run. as long as we stop run revis and sheppard have the air attack.

Seymour isn't happening, but I love the Draft (I don't know anything about the 3rd round WR).

Hughes rules and Nate Allen is one of my favorite picks in the 2nd round.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by njherdfan View Post
    Jets fans need to let go of this Richard Seymour pipe dream. First of all, he will get franchised by the Raiders, who won't let their investment go for nothing. Even if they don't, for some bizarre reason, franchise him, then he'll still demand over 8 million per year, which the Jets can't afford. Also, I see no reason to cut Jones, especially if the year is going to be uncapped. With how well he's playing this year, there's no reason not to bring him back. Also, there's no way Rhodes is gonna garner a 3rd
    i agree we would probabaly get a 2nd from the browns for him

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post

I admittedly haven't seen Price play but this looks like a good spot to draft a playmaker.
    It's cool to see Price in your mock offseason. I go to OU, so I've actually seen him play a lot. I've also interviewed him a few times and he's a real nice, respectful guy.

I like Price's play. He's a big target and has made some big catches for us. He had a very good game against our toughest opponent Tennessee. Some of his stats in games have been low but I'd attribute that to him being our #1 option and teams trying to take him away, which opened things up for big days from our other WRs.

I never really thought of Price as a 3rd round pick honestly. Don't get me wrong, he's a good player and I think he's a nice sleeper but I see him as more of a 4th or probably 5th round value. Someone may take him higher though 'cause he has good size and speed. It will be interesting to see how he does in the NFL.

replace drafting the safety for maybe jerrel powe or arthur jones, we need depth on the DL . the seymour signing wont happen.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post

Coleman sounds good!

Deceptive speed. Student of the game with natural instincts. Gets himself and his teammates in proper coverages. Accelerates quickly. Will plant and drive on the ball. Plays the run hard. Smart and very aware. Plays under control. Could play safety at the next level as well. A true gamer.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...=1&nid=1809245

Veteran
    so the jets have the #1 overall D.. and you plan on adding richard seymour and a 1st and 2nd round pick and plan to do nothing for the O till the 3rd round? okay?

All League
    The Raiders will have to use the Franchise Tag on Seymour, unless the 2011 First round pick going back to the Patriots is conditional, excellent point.... Would you consider signing Vince Wolfork instead of Seymour.Because of the need to sell PSL's , I think the Jets could outbid the Patriots for the big NT...
    IMO the Market price for Rhodes is a third and a fifth. Kerry's contract is not outrageous, he can become the face of your franchise, Vilma's success, and Darren Sharper's success in transforming the Saints defense enhaces Kerry's value...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JetOrange View Post
    The Raiders will have to use the Franchise Tag on Seymour, unless the 2011 First round pick going back to the Patriots is conditional, excellent point.... Would you consider signing Vince Wolfork instead of Seymour.Because of the need to sell PSL's , I think the Jets could outbid the Patriots for the big NT...
    IMO the Market price for Rhodes is a third and a fifth. Kerry's contract is not outrageous, he can become the face of your franchise, Vilma's success, and Darren Sharper's success in transforming the Saints defense enhaces Kerry's value...
    JO, you are overrating Rhodes current market value....Right now he is average so a 3rd and 5th is way too much to hope for. Jenkins was acquired for that and he had a much better resume. Add to that 98% of NFL fans don't know who Kerry Rhodes is so this "face of your franchise" statement is off base. Besides, average safeties don't equate to "face of your franchise"...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetOrange View Post
    A couple things here

1. The Jets can't outbid the Pats for Wilfork, who will command a huge deal. Even if next year is uncapped, there will be a cap in 2011, and with the extensions that will be handed out to Harris, Revis, Brick, and Mangold, even contemplating an offer for any elite FA isn't feasible.

2. There's no way Rhodes gets a 3rd and a 5th. His production this year has been almost non existent, and his contract is pretty bad. It's about 5 years, 30 million ish, and there's no way another team is voluntarily paying that w/o elite production.

Banned
    They are the Raiders... you never know what they're going to do. But if they do let him walk and that pipe dream comes true. Seymour, Jenkins and Ellis will be the nastiest defensive line in the NFL.

All League
    I was of the same opinion until I read your post. You just made it clear.

If they franchise Seymour, trade Kerry Rhodes to the Raiders for Seymour.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    JO, you are overrating Rhodes current market value....Right now he is average so a 3rd and 5th is way too much to hope for. Jenkins was acquired for that and he had a much better resume. Add to that 98% of NFL fans don't know who Kerry Rhodes is so this "face of your franchise" statement is off base. Besides, average safeties don't equate to "face of your franchise"...
    C mart I have a very deep respect for your postings and your opinions, but in the Jenkins case from a Carolina perspective, there were weight issues, contract issues , attitude, and injury issues that made them do the deal. The Tannenbaum pitch is probably based on the fact that Kerry is not a good fit for Rex's system. Rhodes is not physical , he is a center fielder, very much like
    Sharper. IMHO if a team has a problem on the backend, Kerry , a model citizen is a great upgrade. I certainly don' believe that a third and a fifth is all that expensive..
    Kindly Note: Philadelphia, Oakland and Cleveland have an extra third pick due to trades......
    Kansas City, St. Louis and Detroit have an extra fifth
    Last edited by JetOrange; 12-08-2009 at 05:16 PM.

All League
    I don't know enough about these draft prospects yet, but I do like the moves in free agency, the cuts/dumps and I like the idea of drafting a serious pass rusher.

The Jets need to wash their hands of Gholston and find his replacement.

A couple of things I would change off the top though:

I've gotta say I think we could also part ways with Bryan Thomas. He's a solid player, but he's being paid far above that (Pace is also paid a lot, as is Bart Scott, how much money do we want to spend on the LBers?), plus he's about to turn 30 in June. Jamaal Westerman and a first or second round draft pick would be fine with me at that position. It's far from ideal, but so is Bryan Thomas and I'd rather use that money on a #1 WR or 300 pounders on the defensive line.

Re-Signing Braylon is ludicrous unless he takes a serious, and I mean serious, pay cut. You can't be a wide receiver in the NFL and drop that many balls. There are some intriguing WR free agents out there this year... Vincent Jackson and, the biggest name, Brandon Marshall come to mind.

And does anyone know a good place where I can read about Hughes?

All League
    A couple things here

1. The Jets can't outbid the Pats for Wilfork, who will command a huge deal. Even if next year is uncapped, there will be a cap in 2011, and with the extensions that will be handed out to Harris, Revis, Brick, and Mangold, even contemplating an offer for any elite FA isn't feasible.

2. There's no way Rhodes gets a 3rd and a 5th. His production this year has been almost non existent, and his contract is pretty bad. It's about 5 years, 30 million ish, and there's no way another team is voluntarily paying that w/o elite production.
    I think you make a lot of sense, but I also think the Jets need to create a big splash to create interest for PSL's as they enter into their new stadium. I am not sure how they are going to do it, my concern is they may make an unsound football move to achieve this splash... I am bringing in Wilfork for an interview just to jack up the price for the Pats...Respectfully disagree on Rhodes value, 3&5 is reasonable

this is going to sound stupid, but i think that the jets should do what ever it takes to trade up for Eric Berry. i know they would have to give up alot but i definately think its worth it. a talent like him doesnt come around every day. give a 1st 3rd and kerry rhodes to the browns or some crap team for their 1st round draft spot.