Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville or Miami, who are you rooting for?

Jacksonville or Miami, who are you rooting for?

In what I consider the biggest game for the Jets this week, that they don't actually play in, Miami is travleing to Jacksonville to play the Dolphags. Who is everyone rooting for?

We are tied with Miami for the Wildcard and are both 1 game behind NE, with of course Miami owning the tie breaker. We are 1 game behind Jacksonville for the final Wildcard slot with again Jacksonville holding the tie breaker.

I for one am not sure who helps us more. So I think I will be rooting for Jacksonville because it helps us in both WC and Div for Miami to lose. Look at the remaining schedule.

Miami goes to Tenn, hosts Hou, and hosts Pitt (all 3 games can go either way)
    Jacksonville hosts Indy, goes to NE, and goes to Cleveland

What is everyone else thinking about this game?

I am hoping Miami wins since we need Jacksonville to lose 2 and only need Miami to lose 1.

Quote Originally Posted by SackDancer99 View Post
    I am hoping Miami wins since we need Jacksonville to lose 2 and only need Miami to lose 1.
    I was hoping you would chime in on this. We certainly disagreed about the Ravens game but you do seem to study this stuff as closely as I do.

Miami's remaining schedule doesn't give you concern?

A Tenn team that is eliminated, a Houston team that is eliminated, then Pitt at home.

My initial thought was to root for Miami as well, but when I looked at the remaining schedules it gets a little blurry for me.

All League
    I don't care about playoff seeding. Go Jags.

I would root for AIDS before I would root for the Dolphins.

All League
    This is a tough one. Either team winning or losing helps. I was kind of leaning toward miami for the win just because jacksonville is basically 2 games up on us for the wild card.

Remaining schedules are tough though but I think jacksonville has the hard schedule so maybe they should win.

How about we just root for these guys to beat the hell out of each other.

All League
    It's a tough call considering both teams are from the sucky state of Florida and one being a division rival, but at this point, I want Jacksonville.

Jax is 2 up on us and Miami is one. BY JAx losing, we gain ground and I do believe that will Miami falter down the road. I'm not rooting for a Miami win, as much as a JAx loss

In the end, we want everyone in the AFC to lose except the Jets!

Seems to me that with Jax being up on us by 1.5 games and that they are 6-2 in the AFC, while Miami is 4-4 in the AFC we would prefer Miami to win this game.

We're rooting for a inside straight.

I hate the Fins, but we need Jax to lose 2.

All Pro
    I'm rooting for a natural disaster to take 'em both out

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by dbatesman View Post
    I don't care about playoff seeding. Go Jags.

I would root for AIDS before I would root for the Dolphins.
    AIDS for everyone!!!

Go Fish

Hall Of Fame
    Miami

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by el_dub80 View Post
    I'm rooting for a natural disaster to take 'em both out
    GO ASTEROID!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post
    I'm not rooting for a Miami win, as much as a JAx loss
    I like the way you think.

Hall Of Fame
    Jim- I'm hoping they both win the game, as I'm sure 2 posters here can explain why it's good that ALL AFC Wild Card contending teams winning is to our benefit.

Miami. What also worries me just a little bit is that Indy could have home field wrapped up at the end of this weekend with a win and looses by the Chargers and Bengals. Everyone is assuming they will beat Jacksonville and then lay down for us. I could see them laying down for both games.

I guess I'm going to root for a hard hitting game that leaves both teams a little banged up heading into the rest of the season. No serious injuries, i'm not heartless, but if Ricky Williams and MJD twist an ankle, I won't be upset...

Whichever team does lose it will be helpful to the Jets. Of course whoever wins will hurt the Jets chances. At least one of these teams will pick up an L and it will help further clarify which teams to root for in the coming weeks.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I want a tie.

18-18

All Pro
    if miami wins and we win we're tied for final spot record-wise...baby steps...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Jags-Dolphins Game Blacked Out

What is probably the Jaguars biggest home game in a decade will be blacked out on local TV Sunday.

The Jaguars made it official Thursday that the game against the Miami Dolphins that will likely determine whether the Jaguars go to the playoffs will be blacked out.

The Jaguars still hope to sell about 52,000 to 53,000 tickets and to get 50,000 in the stands which would be their largest crowd of the season.

But they didn't sell enough non premium seats 72 hours before kickoff to lift the blackout. And they weren't close enough to ask for an extension.

http://jacksonville.com/sports/footb...da+Times-Union)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Jags-Dolphins Game Blacked Out

What is probably the Jaguars biggest home game in a decade will be blacked out on local TV Sunday.

The Jaguars made it official Thursday that the game against the Miami Dolphins that will likely determine whether the Jaguars go to the playoffs will be blacked out.

The Jaguars still hope to sell about 52,000 to 53,000 tickets and to get 50,000 in the stands which would be their largest crowd of the season.

But they didn't sell enough non premium seats 72 hours before kickoff to lift the blackout. And they weren't close enough to ask for an extension.

http://jacksonville.com/sports/footb...da+Times-Union)
    Pathetic IMO.

Pathetic that the league even lets this happen, while a team like the Browns shows all 16 games.

All League
    GO PHINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!