Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ssnchez needs to grow up!

Ssnchez needs to grow up!

After Sanchez was drafted I was suprised to see how poised and mature he was at his Press confrence. Now 6 months later I'm seeing an inmature 20 something mouthing off to his head coach.Sanchez's first season has been a rollercoaster with more up's then downs but here's the rub.Sanchez should be backing Rex's decision to sit him 100% when he's in front of the media.Sanchez is a rookie QB.Rex is a rookie head coach.They for all intent and purposes are married at the hip.Rex needs Sanchez to play well and Sanchez needs Rex to coach well. The fact that he is publicly griping isn't good for him or the team.Is Sanchez that narrow minded that he would play on Sunday and possibly injure his knee to the point of ending his season or God forbid his career? Until Sanchez wins some games late or carries this team to a SB Rex is the leader of this team period! Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have won big games and yet they never seem to question or criticize their own head coaches.I don't want Sanchez to lose his passion and desire to win but he does need to grow up and do what is best for the team, not what's best for himself.

All Pro
    i am hoping it is his competative edge that is making him want to play and question Rex for not letting him... I think he is going to be ok... He does need to mature in some ways.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LI JET FAN View Post
    After Sanchez was drafted I was suprised to see how poised and mature he was at his Press confrence. Now 6 months later I'm seeing an inmature 20 something mouthing off to his head coach.Sanchez's first season has been a rollercoaster with more up's then downs but here's the rub.Sanchez should be backing Rex's decision to sit him 100% when he's in front of the media.Sanchez is a rookie QB.Rex is a rookie head coach.They for all intent and purposes are married at the hip.Rex needs Sanchez to play well and Sanchez needs Rex to coach well. The fact that he is publicly griping isn't good for him or the team.Is Sanchez that narrow minded that he would play on Sunday and possibly injure his knee to the point of ending his season or God forbid his career? Until Sanchez wins some games late or carries this team to a SB Rex is the leader of this team period! Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have won big games and yet they never seem to question or criticize their own head coaches.I don't want Sanchez to lose his passion and desire to win but he does need to grow up and do what is best for the team, not what's best for himself.
    I was a DOUCHEBAG at 20-something. Well, still am, I'm just a more mature douchebag!

All Pro
    Did I miss something, other than Sanchez saying he wanted to play, and was disappointed he couldn't, what did he criticize?

Practice Squad
    irony is a grown adult micro-analyzing the press conference of a football player and telling the football player to grow up.

All League
    He wants to play, I'd be concerned if he didn't...

All League
    YAWN.

He handled that press conference extremely well.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Disagree. He's a competitor, I like hearing that he's upset that he's not playing.

Banned
    I didn't hear him complain to anyone. He said at the presser he back Rex's decision. I would be pissed if I couldn't play either.

Hall Of Fame

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Did I miss something, other than Sanchez saying he wanted to play, and was disappointed he couldn't, what did he criticize?
    Yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    He wants to play, I'd be concerned if he didn't...
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by dassin View Post
    YAWN.

He handled that press conference extremely well.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Disagree. He's a competitor, I like hearing that he's upset that he's not playing.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    I didn't hear him complain to anyone. He said at the presser he back Rex's decision. I would be pissed if I couldn't play either.

All League
    some of these posts you just cant make up.

JetsInsider.com Legend

How dare he say he is disappointed and wanted to play... shame on him!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    space in between sentences?

Hall Of Fame
    LOL.

Jet fans get dumber by the minute.

Hall Of Fame
    The story in the Post said Sanchez was angry with Rex. If that's true, the OP is correct:Sanchez needs to grow up, especially since his refusal to slide the way he was instructed is the reason he's not playing.

Hall Of Fame
    "I'm pretty upset about it," Sanchez said. "I understand [Ryan] wants to make the right decision for me, but it's just a frustrating part of this game. I asked him if I could at least try to practice [today] and he said, 'No way,' because he said, 'I know if you practice [today] you're going to play, and we don't want to run any risk of further injury.'"

"It's difficult to handle, but I'm excited for Kellen and I'm backing him 100 percent," Sanchez said. "I think he's going to do really well. I understand why [Ryan] did it this early. At first I was upset that he wouldn't even give me a chance to practice and try and wait until the last second, but I understand that Kellen needs all the reps possible if he's going to start this week. That's totally fair to him.

Link
    Yeah, what a bad guy Sanchez is.

Hall Of Fame
    it is absolutely the correct thing to do, if he is not medically cleared, to leave him at Florham Park to rehab his knee as opposed to a 6 hour round trip flight and standing in place on the sideline for 4 more hours.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    LOL.

Jet fans get dumber by the minute.
    It is really getting ridiculous!

Some of the threads put on this board by Jet fans, are making Phin fans and Pat fans look good.