Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SHOW TJ THE MONEY

Hall Of Fame

SHOW TJ THE MONEY

j.a.g my ass.

I hope he retires as a jet. he's a bulldog. takes on the load every week and never turns the ball over. team leader, in great shape always and he is a young 30.

Props to TJ!

All Pro
    Me too, love me some TJ. Dude runs so tough and with this line playing as well as it has (something like 26 straight games with the o-line intact?), we gotta keep him. He's a young 31, even for an RB. Plenty of tread left on the tires.

All Pro
    With Greene clearly not being ready to be a feature we definitely have to keep TJ around. He is still a very good RB and fits our ground and pound game...

Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    Me too, love me some TJ. Dude runs so tough and with this line playing as well as it has (something like 26 straight games with the o-line intact?), we gotta keep him. He's a young 31, even for an RB. Plenty of tread left on the tires.
    actually, he is kind of an old 31

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    With Greene clearly not being ready to be a feature we definitely have to keep TJ around. He is still a very good RB and fits our ground and pound game...
    He can be a feature back as long as we get him a keg of

Veteran
    I think most of the TJ hate stems from Schotty's inability to balance TJ's 4 yards-at-a-time consistency with Leon/Greene's game-changing ability. When the latter two were touching the ball 10 times a game, we would end up screaming at TJ for not breaking out 20 yard runs when we needed a quick score.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I have to give TJ his due. I was not a big fan of his but he is doing what is asked of him. He is no way deserves a big contract but I don't see the harm in keeping him around another season. Two might be pushing it. 33 is very old for a RB.

Veteran
    Well, with Leon a big question mark for next year, I'd take some of the money that we were going to give Leon and give it to TJ. Problem solved.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    j.a.g my ass.

I hope he retires as a jet. he's a bulldog. takes on the load every week and never turns the ball over. team leader, in great shape always and he is a young 30.

Props to TJ!
    I love it when this guy runs...and he still has speed and desire...I am glad we have him...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    j.a.g my ass.

Props to TJ!
    um, yea, well, you're wrong.

if he will stay as a cheap player, then fine, but after all the $ we have paid him and him being on the wrong side of 30, and wanting as much as he did in the offseason, then no. I believe he is either due a big roster bonus or big salary next year- time to say thanks and goodbye. we re sign a younger and more explosive leon, and work on shonn's fumbling.

Hall Of Fame
    Keep him for next year, in what is likely to be an uncapped year? Sure, I guess.

"Show him the Money" (ie: Extend him)? Hell no.

He's still a 31 year old RB.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by zachsjethouse View Post
    um, yea, well, you're wrong.

if he will stay as a cheap player, then fine, but after all the $ we have paid him and him being on the wrong side of 30, and wanting as much as he did in the offseason, then no. I believe he is either due a big roster bonus or big salary next year- time to say thanks and goodbye. we re sign a younger and more explosive leon, and work on shonn's fumbling.
    i agree..short deal ..acceptable money ill do it..otherwise tell him thanks and move on..history says backs go downhill a his age..jets luck he will hit wall 1st year of long term deal..rb is easiest positiion to replace i believe..and greene will be just fine..similar back except for fumbling issues which i feel he will correct..

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Keep him for next year, in what is likely to be an uncapped year? Sure, I guess.

Exactly, that's the only logical approach. Jones was pissed off this past off-season because he knew he's due alot of money next year, and he was worried about being cut this upcoming off-season. However, with how well he's been playing this year, there's no way the team can afford not pay him the roughly 6 million dollars he's owed next year. He can be a workhorse again next year while tutoring Greene. Then, after another year of a heavy workload he'll probably be done and he and the Jets can go their separate ways.

Hall Of Fame
    I have no problem giving him big money on a short, very short term deal.

Banned
    He's a 31 year old running back and he really didn't start to take off this season until we traded for Braylon and team's stopped stacking the box against us. Keep him for 1 more year but no way can you give him an extension.

Waterboy

give him some

I dont think TJ has alot to give moving forward and i dont like paying a guy for a good few years in the rear end. that said, I would gladly give him some of Gholston's cash.

****, id like to give the guys who post 10k plus times on this site his cash.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I have no problem giving him big money on a short, very short term deal.
    He is already signed to that. One more year at eight million if the Jets choose to keep him.

All Pro
    We need to pay TJ for at least 1 more year. Leon is a question mark and Greene has a severe case of fumblitis. The one thing that a running game has to have is consistency, and a Leon-Greene backfield would not be consistent.

Veteran
    How about lets not, Jose. Jones' is in his 30's, and most Rb's don't last long past 30. Look at LT. Look at Jamal, Giving him a huge contract, when he only has 1 or maybe 2 good years up is just plain dumb. He is doing this for a contract right now, and he is finally starting to put on some major milage. Not many RB's get the touches he gets. I think we are now able to trade him, and get something back, unlike before, were he was just a cut.

Besides, it's not like he's been playing like AP. He's playing with a great OL, and they are making plays for him. Jones looks great next to Woodhead, and a rookie Greene, but RB's are dime a dozen, and I'd rather save the cap, and go with Greene and Leon.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Keep him for next year, in what is likely to be an uncapped year? Sure.

... ... ... ...

exactly right

l_j_r