Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If we do make it to the playoffs then what?

Veteran

If we do make it to the playoffs then what?

I really wanted us to go to the playoffs, but wouldn't it hurt more for them to make it and to lose to the patriots in the first round or to another team. This offense has not proved anything of being worthy of being a playoff team. Our defense is good, but we cannot expect them to hold on to the lead all game. I would like nothing more then to go to playoff's, but this offense has to find a way to score and sanchez needs to stop throwing into double coverage and shotty needs to call better plays and stop being outcoached all the time, and our defense has to go from good to great and stop being choke artist on the last drive of a game.. If we do make it to the playoffs then i would just be happy to eliminate the patriots. Going to the superbowl is a pipedream right about now, unless we wake the f up.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    baby steps baby steps

All Pro
    OMG

Then we're a pretty dangerous team.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Then we're a pretty dangerous team.
    this

i dont think too many teams would want to go up against our defense and running game in the playoffs...which, again, makes this year that much more frustrating

All Pro
    no team fears Sanchez or the WR's..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Superbowl

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Play the game until the rookie QB throws an Int.

Because he will.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    SB, what are you smoking. The answer to your question is we hope everyone ends the season healthy, go home and get ready for next year....WTF

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    SB, what are you smoking. The answer to your question is we hope everyone ends the season healthy, go home and get ready for next year....WTF
    IM smoking weed right now. But that is besides the point. Exactly what i am saying, we not a superbowl team. So i look forward to next year.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by crayc View Post
    I really wanted us to go to the playoffs, but wouldn't it hurt more for them to make it and to lose to the patriots in the first round or to another team. This offense has not proved anything of being worthy of being a playoff team. Our defense is good, but we cannot expect them to hold on to the lead all game. I would like nothing more then to go to playoff's, but this offense has to find a way to score and sanchez needs to stop throwing into double coverage and shotty needs to call better plays and stop being outcoached all the time, and our defense has to go from good to great and stop being choke artist on the last drive of a game.. If we do make it to the playoffs then i would just be happy to eliminate the patriots. Going to the superbowl is a pipedream right about now, unless we wake the f up.
    Jeebus Christhoo.

Can we just concentrate on knocking the Pats* out in the playoff?

Please, my sista.

All League
    suckchize throws 3 more picks, and we say ...."oh well he's only a rookie, but he has "it" and he will be a beast next year".

Hall Of Fame
    poor DSUCK

Practice Squad
    Valuable playoff experience for Sanchez and others who have not been. And who knows with our defense we may just pull out a win in the wild card round, but getting there is obviously a long shot at this point. It's a long off season and I would personally rather have one more game then one less.

Waterboy
    IF we get to the playoffs, i wouldn't worry anymore if I were you...
    The reason is that for us to get to the playoffs we need to win out, and if we will win out against such good teams as the colts and bengals, it means that we have one hell of a team.

So if we get to the playoffs (and i don't believe we will), you can bet that we are a good enough team to win at least a game or two.

All Pro
    I don't see how it could be a bad thing to win 5 out of your last 6 and go into the playoffs (only way we could do it). It would certainly be some good experience for Sanchez and the rest of the team. And, as unlikely as it seems, if we beat the Colts and Bengals to get in why wouldn't we have a chance to win a game or two?

Edit: VHD, I guess great minds think alike.

Veteran
    I disagree. I don't think teams fear the play book and scheme. Our WR's and Sanchez are good, very good. But the playcalling is so so predictable. Just copy cat what the other team did last week.

Fire Shotty and then we'll see how good this offense really is. ...it's going to be special.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    I don't see how it could be a bad thing to win 5 out of your last 6 and go into the playoffs (only way we could do it). It would certainly be some good experience for Sanchez and the rest of the team. And, as unlikely as it seems, if we beat the Colts and Bengals to get in why wouldn't we have a chance to win a game or two?

Edit: VHD, I guess great minds think alike.
    lol, i guess so...

With that said though, i can't wait for next year to come.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by deadringer View Post
    this

i dont think too many teams would want to go up against our defense and running game in the playoffs...which, again, makes this year that much more frustrating
    There is not one team out there who would not want to play the Jets in the playoffs.

Score 14-17 points, and it will be an automatic win.

All League
    +100...... this has been the case for most of the season... they know sanchez's pump fakes are weak and they also know he holds the ball waaay too long... they know as well that we have piece of $hit who cant even tie his own shoes for an offensive coordinator too......