Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did You Notice the New Stadium?

The new stadium looked awesome on TV

Massive and bright. I was watching with a bunch of different NFL team fans and they loved it too.

yes it looked really good on my gfs plasma and alot of people there seemed impressed

Hall Of Fame
    Gonna be a great place to watch Jet football next season

and no hideous blue GIANTS STADIUM signs cemented to the two endzones

Banned
    I can't wait to see it lit up in green on the outside.

Have they tested the outside lighting yet? Have any of you guys seen it or have a pic?

All Pro
    The Stadium looked great from up above but I still don't know why they didn't build a dome? With the cold weather and nasty winds up in NY it just seems to make more sense.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    The Stadium looked great from up above but I still don't know why they didn't build a dome? With the cold weather and nasty winds up in NY it just seems to make more sense.
    1. Because that would've cost more.

2. I love those cold weather games, those would go away with a dome. I'm not all that mad there is no dome.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    I don't understand that either.

A dome would have paid for itself with a couple of Superbowls and NCAA Final Fours. If you're going to spend a billion and a half, spend the extra $300 million and cover it.

I would have considered buying a few PSLs if the stadium was a dome.

It might have looked awsome on TV, but wasn't it empty...Just the way it is going to look on TV next year since they can't sell PSL's....

Rookie
    Key word is massive.

If you sat in the 300's section at Giants stadium you will be a mile away in the new place.

Stop drinking the cool aid..

JetsInsider.com Legend

Did You Notice the New Stadium?

On the TV Coverage?

They were showing it at every possible opportunity, and really talked it up.

All debate aside, it looked (from the aerial view) like a really nice place. I wish it were in New York, and teh Giants didn't share it, but still, it looks very nice. First class all the way.

In any event, you could tell the League is helping with the marketing push, given the amount of TV coverage the new digs got. And I'm glad for it.

All League
    I couldn't stop thinking about what a waste of electricity it was to have the stadium lights on

Does any know of anywhere I can see some of the shots shown last night of the new stadium? I was at the game and forgot to DVR. Toes just now defrosting

Can't wait for the new stadium.

Veteran
    I knew something was up. They had green lights going back and forth on it with the Jets logo, and it was all lit up with the skylights going back and forth. I figured it was a final push to get the fans coming in to buy PSHells/see the stadium, but nowww I get it.

Banned
    I liked how they had all Jets stuff for every shot.

All the Jumbotrons were lit up with Jets players, and green and white.

I'm glad they didn't try to do a Jets/Giants thing. It was all Jets.

Kudos to NBC.

Banned
    This Stadium is state of the art to a "T". It's amazing. The locker rooms, the whole 9.

If any team deserves to open up the Stadium next year, it's the playoff Jets. Not the Giants who just played like trash to end the season.

The Jets, after playing for so many years in "Giants stadium"...Deserve the home opener like never before.

Week 1: Dolphins @ Jets. The Dolphins have always been our real AFC East rival and Mark Sanchez and Chad Henne could become long time rivals for many of years to come.

Practice Squad
    Good thing about the new stadium, it's not just a Giants stadium, the Jets has equal rights to it as well. I'm looking forward to the new place. Any word on what it will be called yet?

Mike

All League
    It really looked incredible, especially the shots from field level.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    On the TV Coverage?

They were showing it at every possible opportunity, and really talked it up.

All debate aside, it looked (from the aerial view) like a really nice place. I wish it were in New York, and teh Giants didn't share it, but still, it looks very nice. First class all the way.

In any event, you could tell the League is helping with the marketing push, given the amount of TV coverage the new digs got. And I'm glad for it.
    The place looked nice. It looks like they were testing it as the game progressed. I hope I can find tickets for the opening game as I can't afford the psl.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    This Stadium is state of the art to a "T". It's amazing. The locker rooms, the whole 9.
    It really is amazing. I toured it a couple weeks back and was just in awe.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by CMCorbet View Post
    Does any know of anywhere I can see some of the shots shown last night of the new stadium? I was at the game and forgot to DVR. Toes just now defrosting

Can't wait for the new stadium.
    Me too, anyone out there TIA