Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Enough With The Bengals Already - Can We Beat The CHARGERS?

Banned

Enough With The Bengals Already - Can We Beat The CHARGERS?

After The Sanchize and The Recession have a repeat performance and whip the Bengals we'll be off to sunny San Diego due to the Ravens OT win over the Patriots.

Can we stop 'em? I think we can move the ball on the ground, but can our D shut down Rivers and their high powered passing attack? Are we due for another San Diego upset or will the absence of Marty ruin our chances?

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Their over-confidence will be their undoing.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

After The Sanchize and The Recession have a repeat performance and whip the Bengals we'll be off to sunny San Diego due to the Ravens OT win over the Patriots.

Can we stop 'em? I think we can move the ball on the ground, but can our D shut down Rivers and their high powered passing attack? Are we due for another San Diego upset or will the absence of Marty ruin our chances?

SAR I
    One week at a time.

Hall Of Fame
    Personally, I'd like to see us get the Colts and beat them so all these d-bags can STFU. But I think we'll have to go to SD and beat them.
    Maybe we can take down Indy after that.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I

Obviously, Indy and SD both scare me "on paper". But neither one is known for excellence in the postseason. (Does Norv Turner impress you any more than Marty Schottenheimer?)

While "the past is no indicator of future results", we've had unexpected success against BOTH of those teams in recent years.

Show me a dominating victory Saturday, and I'll hold out hope our season is more than one-and-done.

To me, the question is not how good our OPPOSITION may be, but rather how close WE come to playing to our full potential

Banned
    SAR you are the biggest hypocrite in the world... LOL

We can't beat the Colts.

However, we do match up against the Chargers well. The best thing they do is throw the ball and we stop the pass against anyone outside of Manning. Their defense is soft and we can beat them too.

I'll be rooting like hell for the Jets, and if we pull it off then I'll be hoping like hell that Baltimore beats the Pats.

Practice Squad
    Right now, just making the playoffs made me happy. I'd be tickled if we beat Cincy, so I'm not looking past this game.

Mike

All League
    yeah the bengals game is in the bag, i already gave that my 100% gaurantee win, so on to next week........yes the ravens will beat the pats so that leaves us with SD, it will be close but yes we will win on a late FG 20-17.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    We can't beat the Colts.

However, we do match up against the Chargers well. The best thing they do is throw the ball and we stop the pass against anyone outside of Manning. Their defense is soft and we can beat them too.

I'll be rooting like hell for the Jets, and if we pull it off then I'll be hoping like hell that Baltimore beats the Pats.
    we can and will beat the colts.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    yeah the bengals game is in the bag, i already gave that my 100% gaurantee win, so on to next week........yes the ravens will beat the pats so that leaves us with SD, it will be close but yes we will win on a late FG 20-17.
    Is this a 100% guarantee?

All League
    We can't beat the Colts.

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand this line of thinking.

A) We played well against them while the starters were in.
    B) They do not have a history of playing well in the playoffs, especially against aggressive defenses.
    C) It will have been a LONG time since their last meaningful game, while the Jets have been fighting for their lives the last month
    D) ANY GIVEN SUNDAY applies to the postseason just as much as the regular season (see Giants/Pats SB)

Not saying we'll win, but DEFINITELY not admitting defeat just yet . . .

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post

B) They do not have a history of playing well in the playoffs, especially against aggressive defenses.
    C) It will have been a LONG time since their last meaningful game, while the Jets have been fighting for their lives the last month
    D) ANY GIVEN SUNDAY applies to the postseason just as much as the regular season (see Giants/Pats SB)

Freeney and Mathis barely played in that game. Same with a couple guys in their secondary.

Either way, the bottom line is that Manning is going to score in the high 20s and we simply can't right now. Even if we run the ball down their throat.

If we get a couple bounces to go our way, then yes. The Any Given Sunday aspect is our best bet. We have an excellent defense which will make things tough on them, but for us to truly have a chance, we'd need Sanchez to play at an extremely high level.

All League
    Running the ball to keep their offense off the field, then limit them to field goal attempts is the key to that victory...

I honestly believe that Vinny Jackson will give Revis more trouble than he's faced this season.

All League
    Freeney and Mathis barely played in that game. Same with a couple guys in their secondary.

Either way, the bottom line is that Manning is going to score in the high 20s and we simply can't right now. Even if we run the ball down their throat.
    Sounds A LOT like when Brady "laughed" at the Giants holding them to 17 points . . . how did that work out?

Sorry, but there are teams that scare me and teams that SCARE me. Indy (and SD) falls into the first category until they show me they can get the job done in the postseason.

Again, not saying we'll WIN . . . but not guaranteeing defeat either.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Blinka View Post
    Is this a 100% guarantee?
    sorry stan, they only come on rare occassions.....but hey at least you dont have to worry this saturday....

All League

he is a glass half empty kind of guy....

All League
    he is a glass half empty kind of guy....
    The funny thing is, I probably am too! (not that you could relate . . .)

But there's a big difference between thinking we'd probably lose to a quality opponent, and KNOWING we'd lose 10+ days before we even step on the field.

All League
    The funny thing is, I probably am too! (not that you could relate . . .)

But there's a big difference between thinking we'd probably lose to a quality opponent, and KNOWING we'd lose 10+ days before we even step on the field.
    occh, if your a jet fan in the 34-50 age range your a glass half empty kind of fan...

All League
    occh, if your a jet fan in the 34-50 age range your a glass half empty kind of fan...

AMEN TO THAT BROTHER (38 and counting. . .)

Does that mean the glass turns "half-full" at 51?! 13 YEARS TO GO!!

(NO COMMENTS ABOUT HOW THAT WOULD COINCIDE WITH THE END OF THE SANCHEZ ERA . . .)