Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Shonne Greene quote talking about the rematch with the Bengals.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice

Thumbs up Great Shonne Greene quote talking about the rematch with the Bengals.

‘‘They know what we’re going to do. It’s no secret,’’ said Greene, who had 62 yards on 13 carries against Cincinnati. ‘‘It’s going to be a challenge, but we’re looking forward to punching that challenge in the face.’’
    I love that this Jets team is going into this rematch with confidence.

All League
    It all starts with REX.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by dassin View Post
    It all starts with REX.
    God I wish he was my father.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Polidore22 View Post
    LOL. Me too!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJetsFan View Post
    LOL. Me too!
    Your avatar shows what your roughhousing with Daddy Rex would look like

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    I love that this Jets team is going into this rematch with confidence.
    OMG - the Jets are for REAL

Banned
    Shonn Greene may lead all rookie's in average yards per carry, with an average of 5 yards per rushing attempt after 108 attempts/540 rushing yards but still...He needs to protect the football "that much more" during the playoffs.

These are the types of games, where 1 mistake, such as a Shonn Greene fumble, could end our season.

Greene has 3 fumbles on the season and I believe he fumbled 1 time last week, but the Bengals were offsides; thank god.

He's been doing a much better job of protecting the Football as of late, he never fumbled 1 time with Iowa, I'm confident in Shonn Greene during the playoffs but as a fan...I really hope Sanchez and Greene slow down on rookie mistakes.

The Jets are 8-0 when not turning the ball over, I honestly hope that the team takes that to heart during the playoffs. The only team that can beat this Jets team, are the Jets. If we don't turn the ball over, no team out there can beat us.

All League
    That is a great quote. I haven't liked a Jet team this much in a long time.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    Shonn Greene may lead all rookie's in average yards per carry, with an average of 5 yards per rushing attempt after 108 attempts/540 rushing yards but still...He needs to protect the football "that much more" during the playoffs.

These are the types of games, where 1 mistake, such as a Shonn Greene fumble, could end our season.

Greene has 3 fumbles on the season and I believe he fumbled 1 time last week, but the Bengals were offsides; thank god.

He's been doing a much better job of protecting the Football as of late, he never fumbled 1 time with Iowa, I'm confident in Shonn Greene during the playoffs but as a fan...I really hope Sanchez and Greene slow down on rookie mistakes.

The Jets are 8-0 when not turning the ball over, I honestly hope that the team takes that to heart during the playoffs. The only team that can beat this Jets team, are the Jets. If we don't turn the ball over, no team out there can beat us.

I am not so much worried about Greene fumbling, than I am about Edwards dropping a game winning touchdown in the end zone, or Feely missing a FG.
    Edwards has had some MONSTER games vs. the Bengals. One from last season, @ 8-146-2 TD and hopefully we see this on Saturday. As for Feely, let's hope he doesn't lose focus like he did (entire FG line up) on Saturday.
    but I am sticking to Jets 20 - Bengals 9. Mark it down.

All Pro
    Greene has been great all season and hopefully will step it up in the playoffs. He definitely needs to protect the ball better (maybe he should be consulting with Tiki)

Veteran
    Shonn Greene might be the key to victory... we need him to play well... i have become a big fan of TJ but Greene is a much more physical runner and hits the big holes our OL creates much faster so instead of 2 to 4yd carries we get 10 yds and he is also a much bigger threat to break one.... I would also like to see him get the goal line carries...

bottom line in my eyes we need Greene to play his best football ever for us to have a legitimate shot in the post season....

I think the bigger challenge is going to be whether Shone Greene fumbles or not.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanInDenver View Post
    I think the bigger challenge is going to be whether Shone Greene fumbles or not.
    Unfortunately i think its one of the risks we have to live with if were going to make as run in the playoffs.... TJ seems a little gassed at this point in the season and our passing game just is not going to win it for us.... Greene can move the chains...

keys are smith greene and TJ

i think we all no that!!!!

Lets go jets

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by gijet View Post
    Shonn Greene might be the key to victory... we need him to play well... i have become a big fan of TJ but Greene is a much more physical runner and hits the big holes our OL creates much faster so instead of 2 to 4yd carries we get 10 yds and he is also a much bigger threat to break one.... I would also like to see him get the goal line carries...

bottom line in my eyes we need Greene to play his best football ever for us to have a legitimate shot in the post season....
    I agree that Shonn definitely hits the hole faster and like you said turns a short gain into a longer one. The thing about TJ though is he never fumbles. Shonn has had a few so for that reason you won't see him on goal line situations. Rex knows TJ won't fumble away a chance at 6 points whereas Shonn might. In the playoffs there is just too much at risk.

Quote Originally Posted by gijet View Post
    Unfortunately i think its one of the risks we have to live with if were going to make as run in the playoffs.... TJ seems a little gassed at this point in the season and our passing game just is not going to win it for us.... Greene can move the chains...

keys are smith greene and TJ

i think we all no that!!!!

Lets go jets
    I think you are talking about the plan to succeed and i am talking about the actual results.
    With a rookie qb, and #1 runnning attack in the NFL I know that running it as often as possible should be the plan. I do not disagree with the plan. But to succeed one of the cornerstones of that plan ( Shonne Greene) needs to hold on the ball. Thinking about it no fumbles by anybody on the team would suit us just fine.

Veteran
    The biggest challenge for Saturday is how Schitthead is going to counter-act 9 men in the box, cause he couldn't come up with anything when the Falcons did that. We better see some more play action and screens for starters.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Kleckomania View Post
    The biggest challenge for Saturday is how Schitthead is going to counter-act 9 men in the box, cause he couldn't come up with anything when the Falcons did that. We better see some more play action and screens for starters.
    We did give away 9 points in botched FGs.

If you remember the game, we DEFINITELY outplayed the Falcons . . . too bad the scoreboard said otherwise

right on there. the thing is that sch#tty didn't do much to counter cincy on sunday it's just that the jets oline was really doing a number on the cincy dline. smith's two runs worked largely because of the poor tackling by cincy so i don't think we'll see that again. of course sanchez did make that nice throw to edwards that he missed and also the one to the corner that edwards wasn't in position for. they will need to make those to win this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kleckomania View Post

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Polidore22 View Post
    Judge Banks ain't good enuff?

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by I against I View Post
    Judge Banks ain't good enuff?