Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK. I just don't get people picking Cinci

All League

OK. I just don't get people picking Cinci

I am becoming very very frustrated with all the analysts, media and even our own fans picking Cinci over the Jets. It makes NO SENSE.

I don't want to hear nonsense about playing possum, or playing vanilla, all that crap because it is not true.

What we saw on Saturday was a team physically manhandle and DOMINATE another team from the first snap. The Jets played as basic as the Bengals, but just blew them off the ball.

Yet so many think you can completely throw out the game. It's ridiculous. No one could realistically look at that game and decide that Cinci is the better team.

The Jets have to be HUGE favorites in this game. They are simply the better more physical team. PERIOD.

All League
    who really cares?

the teams are closer than what happened last weekend

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    who really cares?

YUP!! A 1 point win is good enough for me. As for those picking the bungles. Who the **** cares

Rookie
    It's very simple: Respect will come as long as they keep winning.

All Pro
    some douche on the local radio station here said CIN was the lock of the week.. friggin canadians.

Veteran
    Here are reasons why people would pick the Bengals (not that I would neccessarily agree or not):

- Starters Cedric Benson, Robert Geathers, Chris Crocker, and Domata Peko were inactive for the game and Chad OchoCinco hurt his knee before the game. Benson is one of the best backs in the game this year and Geathers and Peko definitely were a loss for the run defense.
    - The Jets were playing for their playoff lives and could be in for a letdown (that happens all the time in the NFL)
    - The Bengals are at home and motivated. Whether you want to dismiss their lack of motivation or not, they were clearly not fighting after they got down early
    - The Bengals won't have to rely on the passing game as much with Benson back and Palmer is unlikely to only finish the game with only one completion.
    - David Harris will be less than 100% which will hurt the Jets vs. Benson and the running game.
    - Teams blow out teams all the time and then get beat by that same team later in the year (although rarely happens within a week's time).

I still have a problem taking too much from a game where a team has nothing to play for and resting four starters playing a team that has to win the game or be eliminated from the playoffs especially when it is frigid cold.

I think the Jets have a good chance to win this game, but I wouldn't be surprised if they lose and I fully expect it to be a far, far closer match up than last week.

All Pro
    ummm....9-7 team with a interception machine rookie QB...Why are you surprised...I laugh when fans get upset with the media..Does it somehow make the Jets season less meaningful for you if the media is not on board??? Who the hell cares.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    As far as Cincy "playing Vanilla" last week.....i could believe that.....to a certain extent. Possibly Offensively they were playing lame...POSSIBLY.

But defensively, were they somehow letting us run through them at will intentionally? I cant see that being the case...u cant tell your D to ease up on tackling, just doesnt make sense to me.

All Pro
    Just win the game....

Banned
    Even as a rival fan I'm not buying the opossum theory. I do believe, however, that the level of intensity of all players is going to be far less in a meaningless end of season game as compared to a do-or-die playoff game. There will be no questioning Cincy's intensity tomorrow.

May the better team win.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I don't care who picks who...
    but

most people I have heard are picking the Jets. except for that simmons clown.

Banned
    I've been watching ESPN like crazy over this past week and I've seen plenty of "experts" with the Media picking a Jets W over the Bengals on the road.

Yeah, some people may have questions about the Jets on the road during this game, or Sanchez and his lack of experience, ect, ect...As a Jets fan, I cant complain about it: I actually love it.

I love being the underdogs. My Rays were the underdogs in 2008 and took out both the Yankees and Red Sox to win the AL East...Took out the Red Sox during game 7 of the ALCS...As underdogs because of "Lack of experience" because it was obvious, the Rays were talented.

As a Jets fan...I'm loving the Jets as huge underdogs.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    I am becoming very very frustrated with all the analysts, media and even our own fans picking Cinci over the Jets. It makes NO SENSE.

I don't want to hear nonsense about playing possum, or playing vanilla, all that crap because it is not true.

What we saw on Saturday was a team physically manhandle and DOMINATE another team from the first snap. The Jets played as basic as the Bengals, but just blew them off the ball.

Yet so many think you can completely throw out the game. It's ridiculous. No one could realistically look at that game and decide that Cinci is the better team.

The Jets have to be HUGE favorites in this game. They are simply the better more physical team. PERIOD.
    I prefer that everyone bets against us, the team needs to rally around all the doubt and negativity and play with a chip on their shoulders.

Banned
    I like the fact that people are picking the Bengals. Let them swallow crow next week.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

For what it's worth (not much obviously )...

Practice Squad
    It's not like we are the 1 or 2 seed playing in the divisional round at home with a 13-3 record. We are on the road and a lot of people don't believe we are for real. Plus we have a rookie QB who is mistake prone. Honestly it shows what people think about our running game and defense that as many people are picking us as they actually are. It doesn't bother me that some are picking the Bengals, let's just take care of business tomorrow.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    -2.5 is huge?

Bengals get 3 for being home team.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post

don't get mad that's what their told to do ..every team play to win every game ok....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    who really cares?

Jets 37
    Bengals 3

Closer

Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    I've been watching ESPN like crazy over this past week and I've seen plenty of "experts" with the Media picking a Jets W over the Bengals on the road.

Yeah, some people may have questions about the Jets on the road during this game, or Sanchez and his lack of experience, ect, ect...As a Jets fan, I cant complain about it: I actually love it.

I love being the underdogs. My Rays were the underdogs in 2008 and took out both the Yankees and Red Sox to win the AL East...Took out the Red Sox during game 7 of the ALCS...As underdogs because of "Lack of experience" because it was obvious, the Rays were talented.

10 yrs.from now we will be talking about 09 season..
    Last edited by peterj55; 01-08-2010 at 07:07 PM. Reason: spelling