Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Props to NBC on the game!

Veteran

Props to NBC on the game!

I just wanted to say kudos to NBC for choosing the best trio of announcers possible for a huge playoff game. Theisman, Gibbs, and Hammonds were on top of their game today.

Here are the things I learned from them tonight:
    1. The head coach of the Jets is Buddy Ryan.
    2. The Jets have the best CB in the game named "Darelle Revs""
    3. The Jets had a HUGE decision to make whether to go for it on 4th and a long 2 at the Cinci 3 yard line up 7 with about 5 minutes to go.
    4. Marvin Lewis had a great challenge on the Coles fumble on the first drive. The key is to challenge plays for momentum,regardless of how close the play on the field is to potentially being reversed.
    5. Steve Weatherford had the Jets first punt of the game. CORRECTION: Announcers astutely observed that Feely was punting on their 2nd punt so figured Feely punted the first time as well. Nice research done on finding out that Weatherford had a bad groin all week leading up to the game.
    6. Sanchez was playing in his coldest game of his football career at 11 degrees. The game last week where it was only 5 degrees doesnt really count because you have to go back a full 6 DAYS for that game.

Please feel free to highlight any additional knowledge you picked up from the announcers tonight by watching the game!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    Please feel free to highlight any additional knowledge you picked up from the announcers tonight by watching the game!
    Joe Theisman wastes oxygen with every single word spoken.

OK...you probably already knew that.

Theisman saying that "Palmer has been high the whole game" lol

Practice Squad
    forgot brad smith threw the touchdown to dustin keller

All League

I expect those kinds of things from Dick Enberg, but having a trio of bumbling idiots is priceless!

How in the hell do these three do any game much less a PO game. I mean this was comical. Joe just loves to hear himself talk. He is captain obvious.

All League
    Dude, I was SOOOO ready to rip into you for that title . . .

Personally, I couldn't believe they didn't explain the first Jet penalty on the FG. Gibbs was making a comment, stopped momentarily to hear the END of the call, then continued with his comment.

Also not surprised they confused Smith for Sanchez on the Keller TD . . . they both have a "6" on the uniform . . .

You can tell Joe Gibbs doesn't announce much, way too many pauses and umms. I did like how he cracked on Theisman punting.

You guys remember those old espn commericals with the dogs that talked? The one they did with Theisman and the bones breaking was priceless.

All Pro
    I forgot just how much I despise Tom Hammond and his loathing of the Jets. He's the d00shiest announcer going, and i am positive his continued employment is due to nepotism, a gay lover at NBC, or some form of blackmail he has against an executive.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Dude, I was SOOOO ready to rip into you for that title . . .

Personally, I couldn't believe they didn't explain the first Jet penalty on the FG. Gibbs was making a comment, stopped momentarily to hear the END of the call, then continued with his comment.

Also not surprised they confused Smith for Sanchez on the Keller TD . . . they both have a "6" on the uniform . . .
    This is what pissed me off more than anything they did today. It was a crucial penalty that almost pushed us out of FG range and they ignored it and didnt say a word about it.

Waterboy
    why dont they show the line of scrimmage? it always pisses me off. I dont like watching games on NBC. I can never see how many yards we gain lol

I don't know how to link a video so you can see it, but here is the link, enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NufWqzU1tkY

Sorry, wrong link but that's pretty funny if your a knicks fan.

This should be the right one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdo_1vt_MVQ

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by ratliff5 View Post
    LOL I Was wondering why he was praising brad smith's college career after the dustin keller td.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    I just wanted to say kudos to NBC for choosing the best trio of announcers possible for a huge playoff game. Theisman, Gibbs, and Hammonds were on top of their game today.

Here are the things I learned from them tonight:
    1. The head coach of the Jets is Buddy Ryan.
    2. The Jets have the best CB in the game named "Darelle Revs""
    3. The Jets had a HUGE decision to make whether to go for it on 4th and a long 2 at the Cinci 3 yard line up 7 with about 5 minutes to go.
    4. Marvin Lewis had a great challenge on the Coles fumble on the first drive. The key is to challenge plays for momentum,regardless of how close the play on the field is to potentially being reversed.
    5. Steve Weatherford had the Jets first punt of the game. CORRECTION: Announcers astutely observed that Feely was punting on their 2nd punt so figured Feely punted the first time as well. Nice research done on finding out that Weatherford had a bad groin all week leading up to the game.
    6. Sanchez was playing in his coldest game of his football career at 11 degrees. The game last week where it was only 5 degrees doesnt really count because you have to go back a full 6 DAYS for that game.

Forgot to add that in the 2nd half on a 2nd 14 Palmer completed a 9 yard pass to coles but the announcers said it was a 14 yard gain. I guess there isnt too much of a difference anyway between 1st and 10 and 3rd and 5 on the next play.

Veteran
    On the 45 yard TD to keller either Theismann or Gibbs was convince it was brad smith who threw it

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ratliff5 View Post
    I think that was the worst call on a touchdown *ever*. First they're saying "and now Brad Smith is behind center!" and they were so confused, they sounded annoyed that he caught the ball. "And the completion to Keller, out of bounds. No wait, I think it's a TD."

"Yeah, you gotta remember Brad Smith was a *QB* in college!"

All Pro
    I didnt even think he scored by the call. man they sucked but better them then the Jets

Undrafted Free Agent
    Talk about no respect. They give the scab announcers to the Jets. They had no clue what was going on during the game. And if I heard one more bull$hit story about the Redskins, I was going to puke