Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is just nitpicking but.... RE: Rhodes

This is just nitpicking but.... RE: Rhodes

On the strip sack, if he wasn't too busy celebrating right after sacking Rivers he could have had a decent chance to recover that fumble, he knew the ball was loose but chose to celebrate anyway.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    a different player doesn't make to rivers in time

even without the strip, that sack puts them into 4th and long and was a seriously awesome play

the onsides kick recovery at the end might have been his biggest play of the year

Kerry Rhodes should have the 100% respect of all Jets fans right now. HE's playing like a pro bowler. Ed Reed might retire, Kerry Rhodes is right there to step up and take over as best safety in the league.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Yeah I noticed this too, that he got up like the play was over. Maybe he didn't see the ball pop out or thought he heard a whistle?

It is nitpicking at this point though considering its Kerry Rhodes. I'd rather see him make a play like that and not get the fumble than getting run over by some one.

Hall Of Fame
    There was a huge dogpile behind Rhodes by the time he stood up, he actually looked before he did his celebration, but he had no chance to recover the fumble regardless.
    Last edited by Ven0m; 01-18-2010 at 05:16 PM.

Rookie
    He was probably too scared Rivers would have caught up to him and tackled him on his way to a TD

All League
    Yeah when he got up after the sack he turned around to see where the ball was and there were like 3 guys wrestling for it. He wouldn't have been able to do anything.

All League
    I wear my Rhodes jersey, and I defend him more often than not...but Rhodes has to go for the recovery there. That was just idiotic.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post

even without the strip, that sack puts them into 4th and long and was a seriously awesome play

the onsides kick recovery at the end might have been his biggest play of the year

Kerry Rhodes should have the 100% respect of all Jets fans right now. HE's playing like a pro bowler. Ed Reed might retire, Kerry Rhodes is right there to step up and take over as best safety in the league.
    Good post, agree on all counts.

Undrafted Free Agent

Not denying that Kerry Rhodes had a huge game, hell, the past three or games hes been playing like pro bowl safety and I'm very happy he's a Jet right now but I have to disagree with this statement. He was totally unblocked and didn't have to make an atheltic move to avoid a blocker. Anyone in the secondary can make that play.

All Pro
    That play and the onside kick were huge..But, since we're nitpicking..the dude is so soft..Still shys away from contact. Waits for rb's to run to him rather than attacking. real soft.

All Pro
    That's not nitpicking.

You are 100% correct.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    That play and the onside kick were huge..But, since we're nitpicking..the dude is so soft..Still shys away from contact. Waits for rb's to run to him rather than attacking. real soft.
    Hopefully we can trade him for like a seventh rounder, if he's even worth that

All Pro

In the second pic, it looks like he's staring right at the football. Strange, he's gotta go after that, IMO.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by szJetsNovaKnicks View Post
    Not denying that Kerry Rhodes had a huge game, hell, the past three or games hes been playing like pro bowl safety and I'm very happy he's a Jet right now but I have to disagree with this statement. He was totally unblocked and didn't have to make an atheltic move to avoid a blocker. Anyone in the secondary can make that play.
    Disagree. On the Chargers 1st TD pass Leonhard slipped and fell on a blitz. Not criticizing Leonhard's play, but don't under estimate what Rhodes did

All Pro
    Scary but thats exactly what went through my mind at the time

I dont think Rhodes knew the ball popped out, but Im sure Rex will mention that to him in private this week.

All League
    Really?

All Pro
    This is nitpicking..he made a great play. Once he sacked and got on the floor he kind of did a roll because of swinging around on Rivers and by the time he got up there was a pile on the ball.

Veteran
    don't think he is playing like a pro bowler, but he is playing the position at a quality level. No doubt he has some exceptional phyiscal tools, but definitely needed a wake up call this year in terms of his lack luster play. You will never mention him in the same breath as Hall of Fame type players such as Ed Reed and T.Polamalu, but he can be an excellent FS. All comes down to production!

Super*****/Prom Queen

Agree 110% here Bit & no one should be bashing ANY of the Jet players especially with all they have accomplished so far & so fast this season.