Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best way to get to the Superbowl (and STH game ticket discussion)

All League

Best way to get to the Superbowl (and STH game ticket discussion)

My father just called. He said that if the Jets win this week he wants to take me to the Superbowl. He was there in 69.

What is the best way/strategy to get tickets. I see StubHub has tickets starting at $1800 for upperdeck. Is it best to buy them now and resell them later if the Jets don't make it? Do you think the tickets will skyrocket after Sunday or will the market be flooded with fans whose team didn't make it?

Of course if anyone has any hookups on better ways to get tickets please feel free to let me know.

All League
    I just read an article from last year. Apparently each team is given an allotment of tickets. The article described the process that Arizona used to disperse the tickets. They had about 12,000 tickets and they used a lottery system, based on senority, to determine which season ticket holders would be able to purchase tickets for $800.

I guess I will wait and see since my father has had his seats since 1962.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Section109Row15 View Post
    I just read an article from last year. Apparently each team is given an allotment of tickets. The article described the process that Arizona used to disperse the tickets. They had about 12,000 tickets and they used a lottery system, based on senority, to determine which season ticket holders would be able to purchase tickets for $800.

I guess I will wait and see since my father has had his seats since 1962.
    I think the lottery is the slimmest of chances. Arizona may have had an allotment of 12k tickets but that allotment includes tickets for players, front office, etc. The number of tickets offered to fans is considerably less. That's what sucks about football. Its the only sport where the season ticket holder has little or no chance of attending the title game.

All League
    I hope senority will win out. They better not tie it to PSL's.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Section109Row15 View Post
    I hope senority will win out. They better not tie it to PSL's.
    PSLs have nothing to do with it. Its a weighted lottery for CURRENT season ticket holders. Think of it like this - there is one big drum that everyone's lottery chances go into. The longer your seniority the more chances get put into the drum for you. I think # of seats might factor in as well. But you do not get to purchase 1 for 1. There is a limit per account. I suppose the easiest way to confirm this would be to call the Jets?

Veteran
    Craigslist miami

They have a bunch of tickets selling for $900 or so. I just dont know how legit they are.

Anyone have a picture of tickets?

Ebay is another option.

From what I have seen the past few years, buying tickets right after the championship games is the worst possible idea. Ticket prices ballon up after the teams are determined.

Wait until 5 days before the game and start looking. Tickets for the Bears-Colts game were going for $2,000 each on ebay after both teams won. A week and a half later they were have of that.

All Pro
    The problem with seniority is the same problem people ran into with PSL seniority.

My family had tix from 1967, but the jets didnt start counting seniority until 1977 i think, so that is where the first "year" starts, and that is a large group.

You def dont get 1 for 1 ticket either....

Getting into the game is very hard for almost every fan.....If the jets were to make it, i cant see any seat being less then $1500 in the secondary market.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    Craigslist miami

They have a bunch of tickets selling for $900 or so. I just dont know how legit they are.

Anyone have a picture of tickets?

Ebay is another option.

From what I have seen the past few years, buying tickets right after the championship games is the worst possible idea. Ticket prices ballon up after the teams are determined.

Wait until 5 days before the game and start looking. Tickets for the Bears-Colts game were going for $2,000 each on ebay after both teams won. A week and a half later they were have of that.
    I would not trust Craigslist. Too many scams. Only go to legitimate sources.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    The problem with seniority is the same problem people ran into with PSL seniority.

My family had tix from 1967, but the jets didnt start counting seniority until 1977 i think, so that is where the first "year" starts, and that is a large group.

You def dont get 1 for 1 ticket either....

Getting into the game is very hard for almost every fan.....If the jets were to make it, i cant see any seat being less then $1500 in the secondary market.
    You never know. Lots of blue collar Jets fans. Keep in mind people just had to shell out for PSLs. Cash flow may be a problem for some.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    You never know. Lots of blue collar Jets fans. Keep in mind people just had to shell out for PSLs. Cash flow may be a problem for some.
    There are Jet fans all over the country though that would want to go - specifically in the South Florida area who won't have to travel. Factor a bunch of bandwagon rich guys from NY who will want to go as well.

I'm guessing that if the Jets win, this will be the hardest Super Bowl ticket to find in years, regardless if we play the Vikes or Saints.

Charter JI Member
    When would we hear about this do you guys think? I can't remember 1998, I do know they did it ahead of time, but everything seems different this season with the PSL thing going on...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    When would we hear about this do you guys think? I can't remember 1998, I do know they did it ahead of time, but everything seems different this season with the PSL thing going on...
    I took the initiative and called the Jets. Not much to report. There will be a lottery that all STHs will automatically be entered into and you will be notified if you win. As I suspected its a weighted lottery geared towards seniority. The rep did not know the exact formula. They are working an announcement to come soon.

Charter JI Member
    I took the initiative and called the Jets. Not much to report. There will be a lottery that all STHs will automatically be entered into and you will be notified if you win. As I suspected its a weighted lottery geared towards seniority. The rep did not know the exact formula. They are working an announcement to come soon.
    thanks Pete

All Pro

Thanks Pete, I called yesterday and they said they were in meetings

Veteran
    Well there is also some bing.com promotion with stubhub that you get 25% cash back on ticket purchases.

So a ticket going for $1800 on stubhub comes out to $1350.

All Pro
    thanks Pete
    In 1998, the winners were informed prior to the game against Denver

All Pro
    Best call is prob to head to miami for a few days and watch the game at a sports bar there with all the other non-ticket Jet Fans.....

Charter JI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    In 1998, the winners were informed prior to the game against Denver
    lol probably why I don't remember I didn't get that notice

hopefully this year better luck

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    Well there is also some bing.com promotion with stubhub that you get 25% cash back on ticket purchases.

So a ticket going for $1800 on stubhub comes out to $1350.
    You also have to pay Stubhub a % of the ticket price. So you will not be getting back 25%

JetsInsider.com Legend
    lol probably why I don't remember I didn't get that notice

hopefully this year better luck
    I'm with you JW. I didn't get notice either. It might be nice if they did a lottery based on those who weren't selected last time and who have the most seniority.

In any case, I think we'll find out in the next couple of days. Definitely prior to the game in Indy IMO.