Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hats off to Kerry Rhodes. Jet fans wanted big plays? He just came through!

Banned

Hats off to Kerry Rhodes. Jet fans wanted big plays? He just came through!

He really is a top 5 Safety talent, and since his benching, he's been playing lights out.

8 tackles, 1 Sack, 1 Forced Fumble, along with a Clutch onsides kick recovery to put the icing on the cake; one hell of a game.

Once a player becomes a scapegoat, no matter how he plays, no matter how many INT's, sacks or TD's he puts up after becoming "that" scapegoat, Jet fans never let that player off the hook.

Lets not do this with Kerry Rhodes. Lets not run this talent outta town. Show some love for Kerry Rhodes, he deserves it.

Rookie
    he wont get credit here but rhodes has been an absolute stud down the stretch and in the playoffs for us...guy is everywhere

Hall Of Fame
    jets fans running him out of town?

the same guy tweeting midseason how he may be good in another city or team...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedgreen03 View Post
    he wont get credit here but rhodes has been an absolute stud down the stretch and in the playoffs for us...guy is everywhere
    I agree, he's been a huge reason why our Pass Defense ranks #1 in the league. We all know about Revis, but Rhodes plays center field, and this Jets Defense only allowed 8 TD's through the air this season, Rhodes was a huge reason why. Opposing TD's also only put up 2 TD's on the year...Kerry Rhodes.

Even when fans were harping all over Rhodes for not making the "Big Play" with INT's and what not...The Jets still ranked #1 against the pass and Rhodes was a huge reason why...He's one of the best Safetys in pass coverage, and thats been going unnoticed by many.

All Pro
    Didn't like the premature celebration instead of trying to recover the fumble he caused. Other than that you have to give the guy credit... he took the benching and abuse and came back MUCH improved.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    jets fans running him out of town?

the same guy tweeting midseason how he may be good in another city or team...
    Umm...Exactly.

But that was AFTER Jet fans were attacking him on twitter, while calling for him to be benched, traded and cut at the same time. The bashing and harping of Kerry Rhodes started BEFORE he attacked back, not after he sent that message. It was weeks before.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    I agree, he's been a huge reason why our Pass Defense ranks #1 in the league. We all know about Revis, but Rhodes plays center field, and this Jets Defense only allowed 8 TD's through the air this season, Rhodes was a huge reason why. Opposing TD's also only put up 2 TD's on the year...Kerry Rhodes.

Even when fans were harping all over Rhodes for not making the "Big Play" with INT's and what not...The Jets still ranked #1 against the pass and Rhodes was a huge reason why...He's one of the best Safetys in pass coverage, and thats been going unnoticed by many.
    agreed, he has incredible range and thats part of the reason why there havent been many deep passes on us this...he could still tone down the showboating a big but otherwise i have been more then happy with his performance

All League
    I remember one moment in the game when Sproles absolutely juked Rhodes out of his cleats and I was furious..this at the end of the 2nd half and he alerady had a bad first half..but wow, Kerry really turned it on in the 2nd half. I was impressed and he made some big plays. This guy is a big reason we are in the AFCC. Hes really turned it around since his benching.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchise View Post
    I remember one moment in the game when Sproles absolutely juked Rhodes out of his cleats and I was furious..this at the end of the 2nd half and he alerady had a bad first half..but wow, Kerry really turned it on in the 2nd half. I was impressed and he made some big plays. This guy is a big reason we are in the AFCC. Hes really turned it around since his benching.
    I'm also loving the way that Rex Ryan has been sending Rhodes on the blitz as of late. During the 1st 14-15 games...Leonard was the only S being sent on the blitz but now? Rex is sending Leonard, sending Rhodes from the outside...It's been fun to watch.

All Pro
    Kerry just needs to keep playing up to his PRO-BOWL LEVEL.

Manning can be intercepted.

All League
    he was either money or crap yesterday, but his good plays out weighed the bad. he stepped up big yesterday, finally playing to his potential

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Pac2566 View Post
    Didn't like the premature celebration instead of trying to recover the fumble he caused. Other than that you have to give the guy credit...
    That bothered me alot also.

All Pro
    He was huge for us in San Diego.

Absolute stud game.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    I'm also loving the way that Rex Ryan has been sending Rhodes on the blitz as of late. During the 1st 14-15 games...Leonard was the only S being sent on the blitz but now? Rex is sending Leonard, sending Rhodes from the outside...It's been fun to watch.
    +1. Blitzing has always been one of Kerrys best attributes. He comes hard off the edge. This defense is scary..watch out Manning.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchise View Post
    +1. Blitzing has always been one of Kerrys best attributes. He comes hard off the edge. This defense is scary..watch out Manning.
    Exactly. I've also seen alot of Jet fans talking about how Kerry Rhodes is the slowest player on the Defense over the past two weeks...Well, I hope they seen the sack of Philip Rivers, because Rhodes was BLAZING! When I see Rhodes turn the corner, I KNEW Rivers was a dead man, Rhodes was FLYING

Veteran
    DWC, you talked all week last week, about how Rhodes will shut down Gates, and play on Gates, no matter what, and guess what? He didn't, at all. Rhodes is a top 10 cover safety. He isn't even in the top 30, when it comes down to hitting. Ihedigbo, Leonhard, and Smith are all probably better hitters than him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    DWC, you talked all week last week, about how Rhodes will shut down Gates, and play on Gates, no matter what, and guess what? He didn't, at all. Rhodes is a top 10 cover safety. He isn't even in the top 30, when it comes down to hitting. Ihedigbo, Leonhard, and Smith are all probably better hitters than him.
    Most Strong Safetys are known for hard hitting. Hard hitting doesn't make a great Free Safety. FS's? Always been Known for elite play against the pass; and thats exactly what Kerry Rhodes does, plays the pass 2nd to none. One of the best FS's in the game today.

As far as Rhodes on Gates, if Rhodes were on Gates, Gates would have never had 8 catches for 90+ yards and thats only because Eric Smith is drop dead horrid against the pass. Rex Ryan used Rhodes in ways that he really hasn't been used this year and I'll be the first to admit, I was wrong about Rhodes on Gates and it worked out for the better.

I agree Kerry Rhodes has played GREAT the last half of the season and Im one of his BIG critics.

BUT

If Kerry Rhodes would play and tackle and be physical, he would be a TOP 3 Safety in this league. He is very very good in coverage and good in blitzes but he still is not a good tackler and doesnt tackle with physicality.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Pac2566 View Post
    Didn't like the premature celebration instead of trying to recover the fumble he caused. Other than that you have to give the guy credit... he took the benching and abuse and came back MUCH improved.
    agreed. someone mentioned that in the game thread. i rewound the DVR and he definitely had a solid chance of recovering that fumble he caused.

but we won the game, so that's all that matters... hopefully Kerry watches that on film and learns from it.

i wouldnt be so quick to praise Kerry Rhodes. he is a good cover safety. He is also a mismatch for this defense. he avoids contact and does not finish plays. Why not try to recover the fumble after the strip? Why shy away from contact after the leohnard interception?(throw the block kerry)? Same with the revis int. He really needs to step up his physical level of play if he wants to have full respect of rex ryan and this d.