Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My GF the Jet Convert...

Undrafted Free Agent

My GF the Jet Convert...

So, we all know how women are whimsical in who they root for and it is often directly related to the man in their life at the time. Long story short, my girlfriend of almost 6 months is a former "Giant fan" (because of the loser she used to date for multiple years) and now I am trying to get her to come over to the dark side...and she's willing to do so. (Goes to show you how committed some of these women are to their "fanhood" for certain teams).

So I tell her, 'becoming a Jets fan is like purchasing a gun, there is a waiting period in between your initial need to buy the gun and when you can actually purchase one so you don't hurt yourself or anyone else'...I thought this was a great analogy and me being the not gun purchasing type, made sense.

Welp, she said that wasn't a good analogy.

Anyone else agree that becoming a Jets fan is similar to the purchase of a gun and there should be a waiting period???

Hall Of Fame
    Waiting period?

Maybe a prescription of xanax...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Waiting period?

Maybe a prescription of xanax...
    hahaha. yeah, i mean thats what i was getting at. but i think there should be a period of time for a "convert" to have to wait it out and see if its something they are ready to commit their life to...its not like being a casual Devil fan or casual yankee fan where the franchise is constantly having success.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Benigno and Roberts talking now about "all the new jet fans" back in NY all of a sudden...

here we go with the bandwagon..

lets make this a bandwagon discussion.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJScottW View Post
    hahaha. yeah, i mean thats what i was getting at. but i think there should be a period of time for a "convert" to have to wait it out and see if its something they are ready to commit their life to...its not like being a casual Devil fan or casual yankee fan where the franchise is constantly having success.
    I see what you mean....
    They really suck you in, and then you're done!

JetsFan2012
    I don't think that's a good analogy. I like the abusive relationship analogy... being a Jets fan = battered wife syndrome.

All League
    prior to the post season, I'd ask is she a Masochist? If yes, come on board!

Now, she'd just be a bandwagon jumper.

Sorry, but to become "a Jets fan" at this point is little too late. We're the only contender in town for the time being. One just seems like a fair weather fan if they start to root for us; ESPECIALLY after having rooted for those BLue Pansies!

All Pro
    Let's start a crusade and convert the world!

We can call it Jews for Revis!

(before you say it, I'm Jewish so I get to say that!).

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post
    prior to the post season, I'd ask is she a Masochist? If yes, come on board!

Now, she'd just be a bandwagon jumper.

Sorry, but to become "a Jets fan" at this point is little too late. We're the only contender in town for the time being. One just seems like a fair weather fan if they start to root for us; ESPECIALLY after having rooted for those BLue Pansies!
    Fair enough. Trust me. I am no bandwagon jumper. Been in the upper deck since 1990 at age 5 and been there ever since. And this isn't the first time I've been on this board but as for her, she's a girl, and I will giver her a pass. Plus, I'd much rather have a bandwagon Jet fan girlfriend then a damn Giant fan girlfriend...I ****ing hate the ****ing Giants so ****ing much.

Veteran
    ... let her share in the joy with you of where the JETS are right now without giving her guilt over not being a "TRUE" fan ...

l_j_r

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post

so is she hahaha. half.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJScottW View Post
    so is she hahaha. half.
    Then there you go. We've already got hundreds of generations of suffering under out belt. It almost makes us the perfect Jet fans. She'll be fine.

All League
    The Bandwagon people crack me up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post

And if you were like Sammy Davis Jr you could say One eyed Black Jews for Revis..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I distinctly remember the '98 team and how I never saw so much Jets gear paraded around than in those heady days leading up to the Denver game. Same thing now.

I would say that right now, considering the current playoff situation, it is like purchasing a gun. I live way upstate, not Orange county upstate not even Albany upstate, but Adirondack upstate; and I cannot believe all the bandwagon fans. All of a sudden there are Vilma, Pennington, and Coles jerseys everywhere (the Jersey that are like $10 at TJ Maxx or on the Jets website haha) and every bar has a Jets sign and a "jets special." I hate those fans and those bars. At any rate, back to the girlfriend discussion...I think it depends on the girl. In college I had one of those girls who started to like everything I liked including my sports teams, my Harley, my Truck, etc... and then as soon as she was dating someone else she was all of a sudden a Giants fan, wanted a crotch rocket and thought real men drive a Civic Si.

On the other hand, my fiance is a third generation Packers fan and when we got Brett last year, she started pulling for the Jets as long it didn't effect the Packers. By the end of last season I would say she was a fan, but she wasn't bleeding Green like I do. This season she has been there for every up and down, has cheered, cried, yelled, and laughed alongside of me. She know the players, she loves Rex Ryan, and she just told me that if the Jets go to the Superbowl I can take the money we have saved for our Honeymoon and buy the best seats I can get. Before any guy gives me **** about her "letting me," only a very stupid man would mess with money and/or decisions when it comes to a girl and her wedding.

Hall Of Fame
    There is no wait period for buying a gun. Unless you mean the period I have to wait until I get the cash out of my pocket.

All League
    I got my girlfriend to become a big Jets fan last year..I even have her saying things like f*** Favre..it's great.

Veteran
    ... think photo's are needed to make decisions on these girlfriend threads! ...

l_j_r

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Insist that she get a huge JETS tramp stamp. Otherwise she's just posin.