Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: give credit where credit is due

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,503

    give credit where credit is due

    I love the way the jets running game has overpowered their opposing defenses.lets give the offensive line the credit that is due them.it is picture perfect the way the offensive line has been opening the holes for greene and jones.they are the best I have seen in many years.and why not four of the starters are first round draft choices and all - pros.

  2. #2

    Smile AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I just watched the end of the jets/chargers game again(for the 5th time). The 4th and 1 play. Did you see how much PUSH the Offensive line had. We pushed that defense practically 5 yards backwards. That will be the key to our success against Indy. We must control the line of scrimmage. No two ways about it. We are definetly capable of this! GO JETS GO!!!!!!!!!!

  3. #3
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,261
    There's a few reasons why we're at where we're at, but one of the biggest is Tannenbaum drafting D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Nick Mangold with the 4th and 29th picks of the 2006 draft.

    It takes a lot of balls and conviction to pass on skill players to take a couple of grunts in the first round, so props to Mike Tannenbaum, and I'll give some credit to Eric Mangini as well.

    Obviously Faneca and Woody were quality free agent signings as well.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,537
    Quote Originally Posted by touchdownjets View Post
    I just watched the end of the jets/chargers game again(for the 5th time). The 4th and 1 play. Did you see how much PUSH the Offensive line had. We pushed that defense practically 5 yards backwards. That will be the key to our success against Indy. We must control the line of scrimmage. No two ways about it. We are definetly capable of this! GO JETS GO!!!!!!!!!!
    They were able to do that late in the game because they stuck to running to ball and wore the Chargers D-line down. Overall I think they ran 40 times. That pays off big late in the game, even if not so much earlier.

    This is the key. They must keep it close early. If the Colts get a couple of early scores and we're forced to throw more, they'll get away from that bread and butter and be in trouble. Must not fall behind by more than 10. If it is close in the 4th quarter, the Jets take it.

  5. #5
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,261
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    They were able to do that late in the game because they stuck to running to ball and wore the Chargers D-line down. Overall I think they ran 40 times. That pays off big late in the game, even if not so much earlier.
    I loved this quote from Mangold after the game:

    "You don't go up to a tree with an axe, swing three times and say 'Why isn't it falling?'" Mangold said. "You know what you gotta do to get it to fall. We know that it takes a huge effort. We finally got it to fall."

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I loved this quote from Mangold after the game:

    "You don't go up to a tree with an axe, swing three times and say 'Why isn't it falling?'" Mangold said. "You know what you gotta do to get it to fall. We know that it takes a huge effort. We finally got it to fall."
    Keep choppin'

    I like it, Rutgers used this as their slogan a couple years ago when they craked the top 5 in the nation.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    St.Pete, FL
    Posts
    6,100
    Lets not forget about Tony Richardson either, this man has been the best NFL lead blocking FB for just about 15 years now; he's still the best lead blocking FB in the game today if you ask me.

    Marcus Allen, Priest Holmes, Larry Johnson, Adrian Peterson and Thomas Jones have all enjoyed plenty of success behind this man. Shonn Greene is now enjoying the same type of success; Positive yards each and every time he rushes the Football.

    Tony Richardson has been our X-Factor behind this O-Line.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us