Thread: Terrible Officiating in Both Games

All Pro

Terrible Officiating in Both Games

What is up with this officiating in the NFL?

-Illegal use of hands against Drew Coleman when the receiver ran into him...we make that stop, we get the ball back with over six minutes
    -The OBVIOUS roughing the QB call that wasn't.

Then, in the other game:
    -Roughing the passer call against Favre...that was BRUTAL
    -There were two pass interference/illegal contact penalties that I can't remember the exact situations against New Orleans.
    -The pass interference call against Minnesota in Overtime...that was BRUTAL
    -having to go to the replay to see that Reggie Bush clearly was in the end zone on their last TD
    -The WR who put the ball on the ground on the OT drive by New Orleans that set them up for the field goal. They even went to the booth to review it...the ball hit the ground for crying out loud when he came down!

I mean, these are suppose to be the best officiating crews...either there is a problem with picking 'the best' officiating crews, or there is some agenda issues the NFL needs to address.

Rookie
    like it or not, that coleman play was a penalty. you can argue that it was ticky-tack and maybe it shouldn't have been called, but it was a penalty.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    What is up with this officiating in the NFL?

-Illegal use of hands against Drew Coleman when the receiver ran into him...we make that stop, we get the ball back with over six minutes
    -The OBVIOUS roughing the QB call that wasn't.

Then, in the other game:
    -Roughing the passer call against Favre...that was BRUTAL
    -There were two pass interference/illegal contact penalties that I can't remember the exact situations against New Orleans.
    -The pass interference call against Minnesota in Overtime...that was BRUTAL
    -having to go to the replay to see that Reggie Bush clearly was in the end zone on their last TD
    -The WR who put the ball on the ground on the OT drive by New Orleans that set them up for the field goal. They even went to the booth to review it...the ball hit the ground for crying out loud when he came down!

I mean, these are suppose to be the best officiating crews...either there is a problem with picking 'the best' officiating crews, or there is some agenda issues the NFL needs to address.
    lol - the official was what? 3 feet from Bush and he screws up the call? Ubelievable!

And I can't recall a QB getting hit like Sanchez did on an effin HANDOFF!!!

All Pro
    Here's a stat to chew on & proof that the NFL is becoming like the arena league.
    Manning, Brees & Favre threw the ball a combined 116 times yesterday & there was not one holding call on the offensive lines.
    Simply IMPOSSIBLE that there was not one hold on that many pass attempts.

All Pro
    Sanchez took 2 hits to the head that would have been called if Brady was the one getting hit. They were minor but every time someone hits the QB in the head is supposed to be called.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I've never seen Rex even close to that mad at any time this year. And rightly so. A missed call is one thing, to have your QB obliterated like that several seconds after the ball is gone is another thing completely. I loved that he went ballistic and wouldn't have cared if he got a penalty for his tirade. That's the future of our team right there. I half expected him to come out on the field and take out either the ref or the Colts player.

I have no idea what the referee was looking at....it happened about 10 feet from where he should have been standing.

Veteran
    early in the game in the red zone sanchez avoided a sack and threw the ball away...he took a hit on the play by a colts linebacker who hit him with his hand right in the HEAD...i cant believe they didnt call that..even the linebacker looked up at the ref to see if a flag was thrown...it was ridiculous...

look you can't say the jets lost because of the refs..the colts were better..but some of the officiating was horrible..