Thread: Will our O-Line stay intact?

Will our O-Line stay intact?

Anyone have any idea? Faneca is great but getting up there in age. What's the deal with Woody and Moore? This line has been amazing.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

All five starters are playing at a high level and I think all are still under contract through next season. I'd love to see the line come back intact for the 3rd straight season. The team needs to have a contingency plan in case of injury though, it's really unusual to have no serious injuries on your line for as long as we have. I think they like Turner seeing as they use him as the 6th lineman so often, and Slauson might have some potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    All five starters are playing at a high level and I think all are still under contract through next season. I'd love to see the line come back intact for the 3rd straight season.
    +1. I think I read that Sunday was this line's 35th consecutive start together, tops in the NFL. Can't put a price tag on that kind of continuity.

Hall Of Fame
    why not?

Are any of the five UFA's this offseason or are they under contract. Moore deserves a big raise and an extension BTW

All Pro
    I think all 5 come back for at least one season, maybe 2 depending on how the year goes and if they remain healthy.

Moore got his big raise and extension before this season.

And they will definitely be together. Just hope they keep playing at a high level and stay healthy. OL is a position that guys can play a long time for.

Veteran
    All five starters are playing at a high level and I think all are still under contract through next season. I'd love to see the line come back intact for the 3rd straight season. The team needs to have a contingency plan in case of injury though, it's really unusual to have no serious injuries on your line for as long as we have. I think they like Turner seeing as they use him as the 6th lineman so often, and Slauson might have some potential.
    That's Wayne Hunter who is the 6th lineman. Turner only comes in on the goal line and field goal attempts, and I've heard it said that Hunter will be the eventual replacement to Woody once he retires. Also, all 5 of them will be back next year they're all under contract for next year, and assuming Mangold gets his extension, it will be at least 2 more years assuming no one is cut/retired

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by njherdfan View Post
    That's Wayne Hunter who is the 6th lineman.
    Thanks, you are correct

All League
    That's Wayne Hunter who is the 6th lineman. Turner only comes in on the goal line and field goal attempts, and I've heard it said that Hunter will be the eventual replacement to Woody once he retires. Also, all 5 of them will be back next year they're all under contract for next year, and assuming Mangold gets his extension, it will be at least 2 more years assuming no one is cut/retired
    isn't hunter more of a greybeard? i would think he would be retiring sooner than woody although he has great size and experience.

If there's one thing that could really derail the Jets' title run next year, it'd be an injury to one of your linemen. Those five guys are the best unit in the league, but I don't know about the guys behind them. That's one thing the Dolphins do have. Our interior line was banged up all year, but our backups played well enough for us to be a top five rushing team despite the loss of Ronnie Brown.

Unless Woody retires, yes it will.

They might/should/could add a RT/G prospect, but we have like...3 or 4 don't we?

All League
    Well D'Brick and Mangold are obviously young and talented. Faneca and Woody are getting up there in age, 33 and 32 I believe. Moore is 30. Hopefully Slauson learns and fits in eventually.

We have a great OLine coach, so I'm not worried.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    isn't hunter more of a greybeard? i would think he would be retiring sooner than woody although he has great size and experience.
    Hunter's only 28/29

Faneca and Woody have multi year deals. We need to lock up Nick Mangold as hes got only 1 yr left.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    The only reason we were so successful rushing and were able to do the unthinkable in riding a rookie QB to the Conference Championship Game was because of that Oline. Mangold and D'Brick are the anchors and play the two most important positions but we've really been lucky to have the experience of Faneca and the power of Woody and Moore. Faneca looked like he was starting to slip a little earlier this year, but finished strong.

I'd like to see a Guard or RT prospect added as well unless we really think Hunter could step in without much of a downgrade. We will eventually need to prepare for Faneca's decline or departure as well.

Banned
    we will have the best o line for about 2 years and that 2nd year we might see some parts disintegrating especially alan faneca but biggest of all TONY RICHARDSON he may no longer be with us and want to retire, we need to get a top fb again, i kind iof like jehuu caulcrick as a fb but i say we pick one up ion the draft next year

All League
    Hunter's only 28/29
    Wow is he really that old already?