Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Arrogance of Bill Belichick Continues.....

All Pro

Post The Arrogance of Bill Belichick Continues.....

"Self-conceit may lead to self-destruction." -
    -- Aesop

Patriots won't name a defensive coordinator

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 5, 2010 4:30 PM ET

The 2010 Patriots will be the first team in recent memory to go coordinator free.

The team announced Friday that they will not name a defensive coordinator, ending weeks of speculation. Bill Belichick will work more closely with the defense in the coming season. So, basically he's the coordinator.

Cue the sports radio hysteria in Boston saying that Belichick has too much power.

"Titles are fine, nothing wrong with them," Belichick said, "but the most important thing is each person's role, that we do everything we can to help the players succeed - everyone collectively getting the job done."

The team confirmed the hiring of Corwin Brown as a defensive assistant who will help Josh Boyer coach the team's defensive backs. Linebackers coach Matt Patricia and defensive line coach Pepper Johnson, both rumored as candidates for the coordinator gig, will stay in their current roles.

On offense, the team will remain without a coordinator for the second straight year. Quarterbacks Bill O'Brien called most of the plays last year.

"Bill O'Brien has demonstrated excellent leadership and organizational skills in our offense," Belichick said.

It's possible that the Patriots could tinker with the staff, but it essentially looks set. And there's no doubting who's in charge.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-coordinator/

Veteran
    Sounds to me like Belicheat got hold of some super hi tech cameras, ones that are the size of a grain of rice but could tape landscape shots with high definition..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

He's got an enormous ego and doesn't want anyone else to get any credit for any success the Pats may get. That's also the reason why he didn't have any interest in bringing back Romeo Crennel or Charlie Weis.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    If my coach brought me 3 Rings, I would let him do whatever he wanted.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    He's got an enormous ego and doesn't want anyone else to get any credit for any success the Pats may get. That's also the reason why he didn't have any interest in bringing back Romeo Crennel or Charlie Weis.
    You are 100% correct. This why I would prefer Rex over Bellichick any day. Rex empowers his coaches as well as the fans. Rex has a we philosophy as opposed to me bent and it shows itself repeatedly with incidents like this.

All Pro

Wheels are falling of the cart

Belicheat got exposed b/c his defensive co-ordinator got hired as a head coach of a rival team and spilled the beans. He even got away with it a minor slap on the wrist.
    And this time around he does not want to take any chances with anyone exposing his new techniques of cheating.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanInDenver View Post
    Belicheat got exposed b/c his defensive co-ordinator got hired as a head coach of a rival team and spilled the beans. He even got away with it a minor slap on the wrist.
    And this time around he does not want to take any chances with anyone exposing his new techniques of cheating.
    Does not matter how much he cheats now. His aging band of divas isn’t what they where in 2007. Call me a homer but the Jets are simply a better team than they are right now. We had some ups and downs with the rookie HC and QB but a full training camp and I'm ready to watch them sweep the patties.

Hall Of Fame
    possibly he has seen the utter abject failure of ALL the clones he foists on the world of football as coordinators when they become head coaches.... Weis, Crennel, McDaniels, et al. and has decided to no longer pass the CURSE OF BELICHEAT on to others by not promoting anyone else to the coordinator position

the worst thing is that we, the fans, will never know. the patsies came off the 16-0 season and then went 11-5 with an inexperienced qb. that coaching job was masterful. want to lay it on mcdaniel? look at the success of the coaches who have left the patsies. mcdaniel starts out 6-0 and finishes 8-8. crennel has 3 or so very marginal browns team. weis starts fast at nd but then the program goes down the tubes. mangini? he had one really good season here and then 3 very average. i say average only because he was somewhat handcuffed by the injuries, brett favre, and a qb problem at cleveland. the bottom line is that you can make a case that the patsie success is all the bellichicken and it's hard to take that away. however, their prime assets, brady, moss, oline are getting old and their other key weapon, welker, may never be the same. so it is plenty clear that they will take a few steps back. maybe they need to consider trading brady. blasphemy? they can probably ship him to the raiders for plenty of draft picks and talented players. at some point this has got to be considered because their back ups will not be able to do the job.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    He should take over Special Teams too. There's nothing this guy can't do!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    "Self-conceit may lead to self-destruction." -
    -- Aesop

Patriots won't name a defensive coordinator

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 5, 2010 4:30 PM ET

The 2010 Patriots will be the first team in recent memory to go coordinator free.

The team announced Friday that they will not name a defensive coordinator, ending weeks of speculation. Bill Belichick will work more closely with the defense in the coming season. So, basically he's the coordinator.

Cue the sports radio hysteria in Boston saying that Belichick has too much power.

"Titles are fine, nothing wrong with them," Belichick said, "but the most important thing is each person's role, that we do everything we can to help the players succeed - everyone collectively getting the job done."

The team confirmed the hiring of Corwin Brown as a defensive assistant who will help Josh Boyer coach the team's defensive backs. Linebackers coach Matt Patricia and defensive line coach Pepper Johnson, both rumored as candidates for the coordinator gig, will stay in their current roles.

On offense, the team will remain without a coordinator for the second straight year. Quarterbacks Bill O'Brien called most of the plays last year.

"Bill O'Brien has demonstrated excellent leadership and organizational skills in our offense," Belichick said.

It's possible that the Patriots could tinker with the staff, but it essentially looks set. And there's no doubting who's in charge.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-coordinator/
    don't see anything wrong with this...a bill bellichick led D is nothing to rag on

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Greaser View Post
    Does not matter how much he cheats now. His aging band of divas isn’t what they where in 2007. Call me a homer but the Jets are simply a better team than they are right now.

Less than two months ago, the Pats kicked the Jets ass by 17 points and finished ahead of them (once again) in the AFCE.

How the hell are the jets better?

All League
    Bad idea by the Pats. What the hell does Bill Belichick know about coaching defense?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Less than two months ago, the Pats kicked the Jets ass by 17 points and finished ahead of them (once again) in the AFCE.

Because playoff success is more important than regular season success? Isn't that what Pats fans have been harping in regard to Pats/Colts forever?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

saying whose better and what not is childish...pats still got brady and BB, that goes without saying so of course they will be instant contenders and it's feb these teams will no doubtly look diff come kickoff, that said the Jets do have a foundation laid down to be a consistent threat, how that turns out is another thing. hopefully we're over the hump of inconsistancy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Because playoff success is more important than regular season success? Isn't that what Pats fans have been harping in regard to Pats/Colts forever?
    Only if you win it all. If you lose in the final 8 you get crappy picks and can't sign any free agents.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Only if you win it all. If you lose in the final 8 you get crappy picks and can't sign any free agents.
    Why is it you pat fans still like to talk about what they did like over 1,000 days ago. We landed on the moon too. People stopped talking about that right?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    FF2 on target as usual. gotta win it all..losing in the SB is no consolation, in fact it's worse

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    If my coach brought me 3 Rings, I would let him do whatever he wanted.
    True, but let us instead use this opportunity to analyze his ego.

How dare he have one, I say.