Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jets should sign dunta robinson

Veteran

jets should sign dunta robinson

Dunta Robinson c.b. is an unrestricted free agent.the jets should seriously think about signing him.the guy has the credentials to be a shutdown cornerback.I like him over any of the free agent cornerbacks available this year.teamed with revis would solve the jets problems.

All Pro
    Jets cant sign any UFA's until they lose UFA's.

Waterboy

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    Dunta Robinson c.b. is an unrestricted free agent.the jets should seriously think about signing him.the guy has the credentials to be a shutdown cornerback.I like him over any of the free agent cornerbacks available this year.teamed with revis would solve the jets problems.
    Isnt this the same player who got fined for writing "pay me now" on his shoes during the regular season?

Ive seen him play a bit, and I agree he is talented, but I think he is looking to get top 5 CB money, and im not sure hes THAT good.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Jets cant sign any UFA's until they lose UFA's.
    Hopefully, Jet fans will eventually realize this.

Until then we'll get more threads like this.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Houston will keep him,...no?

All League
    Can't sign who we want this year under the rules under no cba.

My top 3 needs

pass rushing olb
    cb
    playmaker on offense

All Pro
    the jets should fight this ridiculous rule...what's the point of a gm then? why tie one hand behind the back and further wound those who make it to the gate? it's hard enough for cold-weather teams with cold-weather football in the superbowl but now if you're both you're pretty much f'd unless you previously stocked up. Luckily, the Jets did, however all the same, I'd feel as passionate about this as if my team we're not one of the once 'Final Four'. Draft picks makes competitive sense but to lessen what a team, let alone a business can do to bring quality and competition as well as revenue to it's team smells a tad of overkill to me.

It also subtracts from a team's salary cap as well. A team's cap can be healthy and yet be renedered virtually useless in helping a team rebuild it's own individual health.

The seeds of discontent have very quietly been sewn into the thread of the nfl & the subtle of it all makes me a bit uneasy. Losing in the championship game and a lower draft status should suffice. What's next? You lose the superbowl you lose your 2nd best player?

All Pro
    The final 8 rule is going to screw us in FA. If the Jets are going to find a #2 CB they will most likely have to do it in the draft.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by WeskerLogan View Post
    the jets should fight this ridiculous rule...what's the point of a gm then? why tie one hand behind the back and further wound those who make it to the gate? it's hard enough for cold-weather teams with cold-weather football in the superbowl but now if you're both you're pretty much f'd unless you previously stocked up. Luckily, the Jets did, however all the same, I'd feel as passionate about this as if my team we're not one of the once 'Final Four'. Draft picks makes competitive sense but to lessen what a team, let alone a business can do to bring quality and competition as well as revenue to it's team smells a tad of overkill to me.

It also subtracts from a team's salary cap as well. A team's cap can be healthy and yet be renedered virtually useless in helping a team rebuild it's own individual health.

The seeds of discontent have very quietly been sewn into the thread of the nfl & the subtle of it all makes me a bit uneasy. Losing in the championship game and a lower draft status should suffice. What's next? You lose the superbowl you lose your 2nd best player?
    It's to keep teams like the yankee's from dominating the league. The reason why people actually watch football and why baseball is falling behind in relevancy

Banned
    I would definitely sign this guy.

Except the fact that, you know, we can't and stuff.

Other than that, I'd definitely sign this beast!

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    What are the odds of having two D.R.'s in the secondary at the same time?

Robinson is not a shutdown CB, Revis is. Shutdown CB is thrown around too lightly, Robinson isn't even that good. Lowery and Sheppard had better years last season.

Hall Of Fame
    Robinson is damaged goods...he was good before the knee injuries.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Robinson is not a shutdown CB, Revis is. Shutdown CB is thrown around too lightly, Robinson isn't even that good. Lowery and Sheppard had better years last season.
    you must be dreaming.robinson before he was injured was playing like an all pro c.b. he is fully recovered from his injury.I doubt that houston will let him go without something in return.

Quote Originally Posted by WeskerLogan View Post

I'm pretty sure everyone is not out to screw the Jets.
    Doesn't a wide majority of teams have to agree before ANY rule is implemented? Like 2/3 or 3/4.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Houston will keep him,...no?
    Texans will definately resign him.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    Robinson is damaged goods...he was good before the knee injuries.
    Yup.

Dunta was awful this season.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    Dunta Robinson didn't have a great year but he would still probably be an upgrade over the injury-plagued Strickland & Sheppard.

2 words... FINAL FOUR