FS Kerry Rhodes

SS Jim Leonhard

PK Jay Feely

P Brent Bowden

who are we going to lose to allow us to pick up thomas

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetsfan7 View Post
    who are we going to lose to allow us to pick up thomas
    If Thomas gets cut by the Pats, then there are no restrictions. We're free to sign him at any cost.

Veteran

Arrow

Those first three picks would be badass !!

All Pro
    Bryan tomas is better then adalius thomas at this point in his career. So unless bryan is gone, there is no way adalius starts for the jets.

All League
    Not a fan of just cutting Jones and his 1400 yards. Also don't like the idea of being a run-first and often type of team and only having Greene and Leon back there.

I would prefer to platoon both Jones and Greene for this year. Jone's salary is only money because there is no cap. If and when the cap comes back, his contract is up.

If (out of respect for everything he has done for this team over the last few seasons) Tanny releases TJ so he can get one last deal, than we need to draft a big bruiser like Blount instead of defensive depth later in the draft.

I love the pick of Wilson but for some odd reason, probably due to the depth at the position and lack of superior talent, a lot of sites (CBSSportsline.com is one) have all the corner's rating falling (Wilson, Murphy, Franks, Cox, and Warren) to around 40 and lower. IIRC, Robinson may have been slotted at #29.

I do like the idea of DB, WR, and DL but would probably try to pry one of the falling WRs in the second.

Hall Of Fame
    Not to turn this thread off-topic, but just my opinions.

- If we're cutting Thomas Jones, we have to come up with a replacement somehow. Sorry, but an UDFA isn't replacing a guy who was capable of being a 1,400 yard rusher last year unless we absolutely hit the jackpot. Granted, we don't expect him to see as big a role next year anyways, but it's not like Greene and Leon Washington are proven options. Both have some durability concerns, so we need depth at the position, especially given how much we rely on running the ball. We, at the very least, need a 3rd string RB who if he needs to see a significant role for a couple weeks or so, that it's not the end of the world (Keeping in mind that our offense is based around our rushing game).

- I know people have these visions of Adalius Thomas coming back under Rex Ryan's defense and becoming that 8-10 sack guy again, but I'm not convinced. Fact of the matter remains he's going to be 33 years old next year. Part of his struggles with the Pats has been an inability to stay healthy. Chances are, he's lost a step. If not two. Ideally, I'd prefer to go youth on this role.

All Pro
    I have a feeling that this was Jones last great season. The way Greene was playing in the playoffs he will probably be starting over Jones next season and getting the majority of the carriers. The only question mark in whether Leon can come back healthy; if so then Jones role will be reduced even further.

That being said I like the mock and the fact we pick up a CB and DE with our first picks. These are probably our most glaring needs at this point.

All League
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3504589]Not to turn this thread off-topic, but just my opinions.

- If we're cutting Thomas Jones, we have to come up with a replacement somehow. Sorry, but an UDFA isn't replacing a guy who was capable of being a 1,400 yard rusher last year unless we absolutely hit the jackpot. Granted, we don't expect him to see as big a role next year anyways, but it's not like Greene and Leon Washington are proven options. Both have some durability concerns, so we need depth at the position, especially given how much we rely on running the ball. We, at the very least, need a 3rd string RB who if he needs to see a significant role for a couple weeks or so, that it's not the end of the world (Keeping in mind that our offense is based around our rushing game).

QUOTE]

Yeah, not a fan of this move which seems unnecessary especially with our restrictions to sign free agents and dearth of draft picks. TJ still has value in RB by committee system, even if it is in a diminished role Greene and Leon still have some element of doubt hanging over them injuries, prone to fumbles, pass protection etc.

Practice Squad
    i have seen this scenario of us picking up a. thomas two or three times now and to be honest i simply do not know where all this love is coming from.

in a time where the team's offseason movement ability is severely restricted due to where we finished last season, i would imagine one of the last things they would really be thinking about is the addition of a 32 year old olb to join our already older group of olb's.

just sayin.

Veteran
    I love the first three picks, but unfortunately we don't have a fifth round pick this year. That pick (along with our third) went to Cleveland as part of the Braylon Edwards trade.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    I love the first three picks, but unfortunately we don't have a fifth round pick this year. That pick (along with our third) went to Cleveland as part of the Braylon Edwards trade.
    Yes we do have a 5th round pick. When we lost our 4th to philly for lito shepherd we got back their 5th.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Bryan tomas is better then adalius thomas at this point in his career. So unless bryan is gone, there is no way adalius starts for the jets.
    agree 100%......funny how so many on this board think that just because thomas was good when he played for Rex years ago, he will wave a magic wand and make him perform, just ask gholston, the wand doesnt work.

bryan thomas > a. Thomas.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Strongly disagree on Bryan Thomas being better than AD.

Adalius struggled this past season, mostly due to injury, but he's still a better edge rusher than BT and is one of the better coverage LB's in the game.

He's almost certainly getting cut by New England, has experience in Ryan's defense, and there would be no "Final 8" rule in effect. Providing that he can stay healthy, we would be adding an additional starter to an already damn good defense.

I think it makes a ton of sense.

All League
    i would like to give a. thomas the benefit of the doubt because maybe he was playing out of position in new england, but the games i watched him play, he looked slow as hell and just not that good. pass

keep b. thomas and improve another position.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Yes we do have a 5th round pick. When we lost our 4th to philly for lito shepherd we got back their 5th.
    Oh, right. But something is off because I thought we only had four picks this year? Do we have a seventh rounder?

Hall Of Fame
    Good picks, UT.

Jones simply isn't cut for the reasons stated about. With the Final 4 Rules, there will no viable replacement available. I agree that Greene would be the starter, but Jones would certainly be in the rotation.

As to AT vs. BT, UT still has BT on the roster and we'd have to see if AT could beat out BT for the starting role. Either way, the other guy would be in the LB rotation.

All League
    AD can play ILB in a pinch. He'd be a great depth signing.