Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Hollywood's Mock

  1. #1

    Hollywood's Mock

    ALL my fellow bros are busting out there nice mocks time for mine.

    1st Round- Devin mccourty -cb- 5-11-190- Rutgers- he would be our nickel back and be able to lock down those slot recievers. but he brings the added bonus of being a kr/pr and a gunner on special teams. know to be the best special teams player in the draft. the value is there at the end of the round. and can help team up with wright and brad smith to shore oup special teams.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofunm6rbYBE


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MHH8tPME4s


    2nd round- Reshad Jones- ss/fs-6-2 215 -Georgia- this dude replaces kerry rhodes he is a little bit under the radar with the other safeties in this draft. but he is talented can Hit and can cover . this move would shore our secondary and make it the best in the Nfl.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kP5nmyNSgk




    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1su79vloRNg


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZOYy...eature=related


    4th Round - Montario Hardesty- 5-11- 215 Rb- Tennessee- maybe the best SEC back. only has one season as a feature back so this causes him too drop a bitwith injuries. but this would give us a deadly 1-2 punch with Shonn Greene.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4PWCT4srx4



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaHnksz_Axk




    5th Round-Al Woods- DT- 6-3- 315- LSU- a nice project to bring along .did well in the combine to bring him up to a mid- rounder from a late rounder.



    6th Round- Freddie Barnes-Wr 6-0- 212 - Bowling green- the kid ain't the most physical talented kid. but he catches anything thrown to him. had sick production last season 155 caches 1770 yards. and knows how to run routes our future slot reciever.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw0a-5xV--w


    7th Round - John Connor- FB- 5-11 - 240- Kentucky- you know what his nickname would be the Terminator. enuff said.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_AW4bEzi9A
    Last edited by hollywoodjet; 03-08-2010 at 07:22 PM. Reason: because i'm bad

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,232
    My feels are well known on Hardesty. What he did behind that no-name Tennessee line was nothing short of spectacular. Very complimentary runner to Greene, too.

    Jets do well in the 4th round so we can only hope.

    I'm lukewarm on Jones. He's a very sporadic tackler even after improving leaps and bounds by his JR year.

  3. #3
    thanks GGI i like hardesty alot i hope he falls to us in the 4th.


    Jones has all the tools to be a very good safety . his flaws are easily correctable. with coaching.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Posts
    1,555
    i think wallace wright got cut if im not mistaken

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,232
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodjet View Post
    thanks GGI i like hardesty alot i hope he falls to us in the 4th.


    Jones has all the tools to be a very good safety . his flaws are easily correctable. with coaching.
    Oh yeah, and Crompton blew. His 23 carry for 95 yard performance or whatever vs. UF when UF had 9 guys in the box the entire game was some of the most underrated running I've seen. Crompton's only pass that traveled longer than 15 yards got picked that game so the floaties were on and UF knew it. Low mileage back like you mentioned...that's actually a plus IMO...

    I hope so on Jones. I never was a fan of him at UGA and I'll usually give SEC guys the benefit of the doubt.

    Big TJ Ward fan from Oregon- big hitter, very good when the play's in front of him, underrated coverage abilities...

    I would give him a late 2nd-early 3rd grade.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    22,031
    Nice draft, the only one that is out of place for me is Hardisty. He is no longer a secret, in my opinion he might not make it out of the 2nd round.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Nice draft, the only one that is out of place for me is Hardisty. He is no longer a secret, in my opinion he might not make it out of the 2nd round.
    I would agree with you, Beer. 4th is pretty optimistic. I would consider taking him with our late 2nd for sure.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    I would be shocked .. SHOCKED .. if the Jets picked a CB in RD 1

    Not much in the draft shocks me, because I know BAP plays a bigger role than fans generally prefer, but its usually the BAP within reason in RD 1 and I just don't think a CB is reasonable when Revis is 24 Y/O and Cromartie is 25

    ... and I don't think the Jets traded a 2 or 3 for Cromartie, and fronted him 500K, for a one year rental


    it would not shock me . rex ryan got check mated against the colts and he will be cashing his chips on secondary help. he can scheme to pass rush blitz or to stop the run. he is gonna build the defense back to front.

    mccourty brings alot to the special teams table. and jones replaces rhodes.

    Rex loves athletes in the secondary who can pick it and cover .now he s the head coach and he is going to get what he wants.

    3 bad ass cover corners. LOL

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    Its not a bad idea, hollywood, I'm all for loading up at CB, but IMO you only have the luxury of drafting a 3rd CB in round one if you have no holes on the front seven to fix and this team clearly does. We do not have an elite (34OLB) edge rusher, and my definition of elite is someone who can be counted on for double digit sacks barring injuries, and we need to bring in a 34DE as well, maybe evenb another NT too.

    But if we were stacked on the front seven, I would have no problem with loading up on DB's with a 3rd stud corner

    i'm like bitioni i like our back up defensive line in pouha,devito,pitiotuia.
    with jenkins and elliss we usually only dress 5. so only one more end is needed.

    i think we are adding adalius thomas or some other Vet and wont need a OLB.

    plus this is the year vernon has to **** or get off the pot.

    people forget paceand thomas didnt come on till there 4th year in the league. Gholston needs this chance.

    im one of the few that thinks the light will go on this season and he'll contribute.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    I have completely and totally given up on Vernon Gholston

    Nothing he does, or should I say "doesn't do" will surprise me, because I expect more of the same from VG ...

    ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

    So if its me I'm addressing this off season as if he is not even on the team
    i hope he makes us eat all our words. because this will be the last year the jets give him free money. he might be even get cut before the union and owners agree on a new contract.

    the kid has all the freakin tools. i have a feeling he will be a respectable player in his next stop.

    i hope they put a rookie wage scale in this new CBA. it doesnt let for no player development when a rookie is working on a 5 year 50 million contract.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,839
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodjet View Post
    ALL my fellow bros are busting out there nice mocks time for mine.

    1st Round- Devin mccourty -cb- 5-11-190- Rutgers- he would be our nickel back and be able to lock down those slot recievers. but he brings the added bonus of being a kr/pr and a gunner on special teams. know to be the best special teams player in the draft. the value is there at the end of the round. and can help team up with wright and brad smith to shore oup special teams.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofunm6rbYBE


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MHH8tPME4s


    2nd round- Reshad Jones- ss/fs-6-2 215 -Georgia- this dude replaces kerry rhodes he is a little bit under the radar with the other safeties in this draft. but he is talented can Hit and can cover . this move would shore our secondary and make it the best in the Nfl.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kP5nmyNSgk




    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1su79vloRNg


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZOYy...eature=related


    4th Round - Montario Hardesty- 5-11- 215 Rb- Tennessee- maybe the best SEC back. only has one season as a feature back so this causes him too drop a bitwith injuries. but this would give us a deadly 1-2 punch with Shonn Greene.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4PWCT4srx4



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaHnksz_Axk




    5th Round-Al Woods- DT- 6-3- 315- LSU- a nice project to bring along .did well in the combine to bring him up to a mid- rounder from a late rounder.



    6th Round- Freddie Barnes-Wr 6-0- 212 - Bowling green- the kid ain't the most physical talented kid. but he catches anything thrown to him. had sick production last season 155 caches 1770 yards. and knows how to run routes our future slot reciever.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw0a-5xV--w


    7th Round - John Connor- FB- 5-11 - 240- Kentucky- you know what his nickname would be the Terminator. enuff said.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_AW4bEzi9A
    NICE HAUL!!!

    McCourty
    Jones
    Hardesty
    Woods
    Barnes

  12. #12
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cranford NJ via Merrick LI
    Posts
    241
    Nice job! I would have no issue with Mccourty, although I can see Bit and Hams side on beefing up the front line. To me, it depends on who falls to us, which no one will know till is happens.

    On that note, I LOVE the Freddie Barnes pick in the 6th. My brother in law is a BG alum (not too many of those) and he was telling me about this guy a year ago. The video does not do him justice. He catches everything, and seems to have some exciting speed.

    I am not sold on Rashad Jones and Hardesty will not last till round 4, but it is a mock and I commend your effort-

    Fitz

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us