Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Check out this mock now...

  1. #1

    Check out this mock now...

    FA: We trade Leon and our 5th rounder plus 4th rounder next year for Brandon Marshall.

    Draft:

    1st) Jerry Hughes OLB/DE-

    Why? Because when you see who we draft with the second rounder you will agree. Pass rush is lacking and Hughes is a speed rusher... Just what the doctor ordered.

    2nd) Terrance Cody NT-

    would love him late in the second round for many reasons... You can pair him with Jenkins in 4-3 alignments and completely shut down any hopes of a running game, or subbing him to keep Jenks and DeVito fresh would work wonders during the season. (Jets give up their 5th and 7th rounder to steal him from Miami) Then Bit and CBTNY both lose and nothing would please me more, Bit because he thought Cody would go in the first and will lose his sig or something like that and CBTNY because once Cody becomes a force we could nag him for years about how clueless even the experts are in the end when it comes to the draft...

    4th) Legarrette Blount RB-

    Why? Because people forget how Blount bullied teams in 08 running for 1002 yards at 7.3 yards a clip while running north and south before he punched that jerk who plays for the smurfs. Screw the experts, I say Blount is this year's Green, maybe even more brutish. Jets give up 6th rounder to move up and grab Blount.


    Another three player draft??? WaaaaWaaaaaaWaaaaaaaWaaaaah You say, but I say we got our recipe a SB win. After the draft is over Tanny will have a long list of choice UDFA's coming to visit and we'll grab us a couple that should've been drafted, works like a charm everytime

  2. #2
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    FA: We trade Leon and our 5th rounder plus 4th rounder next year for Brandon Marshall.

    Draft:

    1st) Jerry Hughes OLB/DE-

    Why? Because when you see who we draft with the second rounder you will agree. Pass rush is lacking and Hughes is a speed rusher... Just what the doctor ordered.

    2nd) Terrance Cody NT-

    would love him late in the second round for many reasons... You can pair him with Jenkins in 4-3 alignments and completely shut down any hopes of a running game, or subbing him to keep Jenks and DeVito fresh would work wonders during the season. (Jets give up their 5th and 7th rounder to steal him from Miami) Then Bit and CBTNY both lose and nothing would please me more, Bit because he thought Cody would go in the first and will lose his sig or something like that and CBTNY because once Cody becomes a force we could nag him for years about how clueless even the experts are in the end when it comes to the draft...

    4th) Legarrette Blount RB-

    Why? Because people forget how Blount bullied teams in 08 running for 1002 yards at 7.3 yards a clip while running north and south before he punched that jerk who plays for the smurfs. Screw the experts, I say Blount is this year's Green, maybe even more brutish. Jets give up 6th rounder to move up and grab Blount.


    Another three player draft??? WaaaaWaaaaaaWaaaaaaaWaaaaah You say, but I say we got our recipe a SB win. After the draft is over Tanny will have a long list of choice UDFA's coming to visit and we'll grab us a couple that should've been drafted, works like a charm everytime
    i like it except i think those picks used to trade up for cody should be used in the first to trade up for graham then stay at 61 in the second and grab a NT like Cam Thomas (UNC)

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    245-A
    Posts
    3,218
    Why would Denver trade for Leon when they already have players in similar fashion such as JJ Arrington and Knowshown Moreno who DON"T have health issues?

    They wanted Harris last year, I don't see them budging on that. If anything, Marshall has proven MORESO after this past season he's a game breaker.

    I don't want MArshall in a trade and the only player I'd be willing to trade for MArshall is Braylon, NOT Cotch.

    Have always been on and will continue to hope we land Blount

  4. #4
    I agree on Graham, but Cody's better than Thomas. I saw NC play quite a bit and never saw what the big deal was with THomas... Yes he's big, that's about it. I would like Gato's boy Ogho from Duke as an UDFA... it's possible he whiffs after a terrible senior year.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    I agree on Graham, but Cody's better than Thomas. I saw NC play quite a bit and never saw what the big deal was with THomas... Yes he's big, that's about it. I would like Gato's boy Ogho from Duke as an UDFA... it's possible he whiffs after a terrible senior year.
    +1 on Thomas...the 1st and 2nd round talk is just part of the offseason fodder/boredom.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post
    Why would Denver trade for Leon when they already have players in similar fashion such as JJ Arrington and Knowshown Moreno who DON"T have health issues?

    They wanted Harris last year, I don't see them budging on that. If anything, Marshall has proven MORESO after this past season he's a game breaker.

    I don't want MArshall in a trade and the only player I'd be willing to trade for MArshall is Braylon, NOT Cotch.

    Have always been on and will continue to hope we land Blount



    Fine give them fcking Harris, then we let trade Leon for a second rounder and get Spike... works for me, we got too much D for anyone to handle already, with Jenks and Cody in there who needs a MLB? Hey Cummings will do, besides we still got Bart. I would be willing to give up Harris in exchange for Marshall who I consider to be the missing piece to the offense, a guy who would totally tilt the scales on offense. How the hell do you cover Edwards, Cotch, Marshall and Keller? There's no fcking way in hell.... Sooper Bowl!

  7. #7
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Cody will not be there at 61.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    BURLINGTON, VERMONT
    Posts
    1,270
    Would love Cody in the late 2nd round.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Cody will not be there at 61.
    Exactly my thoughts. In fact, at 29 Cody, if available should be a consideration. I think Cody is going to be a beast. Especially teamed up with Big Jenks. This also allows Pouha to play DE, where I think he will shine.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,792
    One more Jets tidbit: I'm told that the rumors about them going after Brandon Marshall "have no legs."

    http://twitter.com/judybattista

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,367
    who is this guy

  12. #12
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    847
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Fine give them fcking Harris, then we let trade Leon for a second rounder and get Spike... works for me, we got too much D for anyone to handle already, with Jenks and Cody in there who needs a MLB? Hey Cummings will do, besides we still got Bart. I would be willing to give up Harris in exchange for Marshall who I consider to be the missing piece to the offense, a guy who would totally tilt the scales on offense. How the hell do you cover Edwards, Cotch, Marshall and Keller? There's no fcking way in hell.... Sooper Bowl!
    Your out of your mind. There is no way the Jets give up Harris for Marshall. They wouldnt give him up before they got Edwards and wont do it after. I much rather have Harris on the team then Marshall and im sure Rex feels the same. Harris is quickly becoming one of the best ILB's in the game.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Fine give them fcking Harris, then we let trade Leon for a second rounder and get Spike... works for me, we got too much D for anyone to handle already, with Jenks and Cody in there who needs a MLB? Hey Cummings will do, besides we still got Bart. I would be willing to give up Harris in exchange for Marshall who I consider to be the missing piece to the offense, a guy who would totally tilt the scales on offense. How the hell do you cover Edwards, Cotch, Marshall and Keller? There's no fcking way in hell.... Sooper Bowl!
    I was with you until the statement above

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us