Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vald the Impaler - I am just trying to compete

Hall Of Fame

Vald the Impaler - I am just trying to compete

Ducasse: 'I'm just trying to compete'
    By Matt Gagne

Vladimir Ducasse jumped offsides a few times during the morning practice, perhaps a little too eager and excited to be out on the field, but seems to have a good handle when it comes to fitting into the locker room. Asked if he had visions of starting as a rookie, Ducasse took a diplomatic approach:

"I don't know yet. I'm just trying to compete and we'll see after that," said Ducasse, who will compete with Matt Slauson for left guard job. "You can't come in and say, 'I want to be the starter,' it doesn't work like that. You've got to prove to everyone that you deserve to be on the team first, then after that you can talk about starting."

But does he feel confident in his ability to be a starter and fill the void left by nine-time Pro Bowler Alan Faneca?

"I don't know yet. I'm trying to prove myself first," Ducasse said. "I didn't realize he was a nine-time Pro Bowler, that's pretty good. But he's gone now, and I'm just trying to compete for his spot."

i'm going to tell you nobody is going to out work this kid.

he's a first generation immigrant with alot to prove. from reading about this kid

he just has his priorities straight and ain't going to stop to he accomplishes his goals.

when they asked him what is he going to buy with his first big signing bonus check he said pay back his uncle for taking him in and his brother from haiti

he said he ate alot and his uncle always put clothes on his back.

and to send money back to his dad and family back to haiti and do something for his community . Wow just refreshing.

i'll be pulling for him because of his great character.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodjet View Post
    i'm going to tell you nobody is going to out work this kid.

he's a first generation immigrant with alot to prove. from reading about this kid

he just has his priorities straight and ain't going to stop to he accomplishes his goals.

when they asked him what is he going to buy with his first big signing bonus check he said pay back his uncle for taking him in and his brother from haiti

he said he ate alot and his uncle always put clothes on his back.

and to send money back to his dad and family back to haiti and do something for his community . Wow just refreshing.

i'll be pulling for him because of his great character.
    Plus me! a million times over.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    As I told the GM and a few of the players Weds. nite a lot of my clients are Haitian Americans and a large community of them in the Flatbush, Flatlands and Canarsie areas of Brooklyn.

I am talking him up to my business contacts who told me two things, calling him a "boom-ba-clot" is street slang but calling him a "goat" is like saying you are lower than whale $hit.

I am also making them instant Jet fans and they want 2 invite Vlad to their Haitian American restaurants for a home cooked meal. I think that's such a nice offer and love to see ethnic pride, very cool.

Like I said the day after we signed him, this kid starts for the NYJ in 2010. Bank it.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    As I told the GM and a few of the players Weds. nite a lot of my clients are Haitian Americans and a large community of them in the Flatbush, Flatlands and Canarsie areas of Brooklyn.

I am talking him up to my business contacts who told me two things, calling him a "boom-ba-clot" is street slang but calling him a "goat" is like saying you are lower than whale $hit.

I am also making them instant Jet fans and they want 2 invite Vlad to their Haitian American restaurants for a home cooked meal. I think that's such a nice offer and love to see ethnic pride, very cool.

Like I said the day after we signed him, this kid starts for the NYJ in 2010. Bank it.
    Your 'clients'? I hope The GM of the Dolphins doesn't ask you some questions.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Your 'clients'? I hope The GM of the Dolphins doesn't ask you some questions.
    I'm a Private Mortgage Banker, but cute. I speak a little French Creole too. Tell the GM of the Dolphins that my GM of the NY Jets can kick his ass any day of the week and twice on Sundays too.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    He doesn't want to eat that crap, Sue, he's Americanized now, probably likes steak and pasta ... no more goats balls for muh-man Vladdi
    Love the back story and like I said so long as you keep the Bob Sugars of this world away from him he'll be fine. His family and friends will close ranks around him, much like Sione Pouha (Mormon) who has strong ties to his roots. I'm hoping for the best for Vlad off the field which I believe will be critical to his demeanor on the field.

I am also positive that he will absorb NFL knowledge like a sponge. The rate of conversion speed is Mach5 from college to the pros. This guy survived daily drive bys up until 8 years ago.

He'll start for the NY Jets in 2010. Bank it.

Hall Of Fame
    Love the back story and like I said so long as you keep the Bob Sugars of this world away from him he'll be fine. His family and friends will close ranks around him, much like Sione Pouha (Mormon) who has strong ties to his roots. I'm hoping for the best for Vlad off the field which I believe will be critical to his demeanor on the field.

I am also positive that he will absorb NFL knowledge like a sponge. The rate of conversion speed is Mach5 from college to the pros. This guy survived daily drive bys up until 8 years ago.

He'll start for the NY Jets in 2010. Bank it.
    after listening to REX barg about VLAD driving a defender 8 yards down the field, I sure have to agree with you Limolady. The HC appears to love the guy's toughness and strength. Vlad will start at LOG this year!

All League
    I agree with an earlier post.This kid won't be outworked.

I still think Slauson wins the job,with Vlad taking over for Woody in 2011

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by acepepe View Post
    Plus me! a million times over.
    Yep...

Didn't see this anywhere...

youtube.com/watch?v=z51lemcmO8E
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 05-01-2010 at 03:48 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Hitman, hope you don't mind but I replaced your video with a much better one

Watch the new video I installed in your post (directly above) ... its awesome
    I just found that one and it's great!
    Thanks for updating it!

I'm excited for this kid. And I know they're biased but I loved when someone at the draft party was saying "steal of the draft"
    You can tell this guy has the heart and work ethic to give everything he's got.
    Kinda like Sanchez.
    Hard Knocks is gonna love him too.

Veteran
    He doesn't want to eat that crap, Sue, he's Americanized now, probably likes steak and pasta ... no more goats balls for muh-man Vladdi
    I know right. How the hell could he like food from his own country?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Ducasse: 'I'm just trying to compete'
    By Matt Gagne

Vladimir Ducasse jumped offsides a few times during the morning practice, perhaps a little too eager and excited to be out on the field, but seems to have a good handle when it comes to fitting into the locker room. Asked if he had visions of starting as a rookie, Ducasse took a diplomatic approach:

"I don't know yet. I'm just trying to compete and we'll see after that," said Ducasse, who will compete with Matt Slauson for left guard job. "You can't come in and say, 'I want to be the starter,' it doesn't work like that. You've got to prove to everyone that you deserve to be on the team first, then after that you can talk about starting."

But does he feel confident in his ability to be a starter and fill the void left by nine-time Pro Bowler Alan Faneca?

"I don't know yet. I'm trying to prove myself first," Ducasse said. "I didn't realize he was a nine-time Pro Bowler, that's pretty good. But he's gone now, and I'm just trying to compete for his spot."
    i already love this kid!!

thank you tanny & rex!!

you guys are the best GM/head coach combo in the league!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Funny stuff Ham

All League

you go girl!!

great post!!

All Pro
    This guy is our week 1 starter at LG. It's the best spot on offense to start a rookie.

There's only 2 phases of offense, pass and run. He won't be worse than faneca in the passing game, so that only leaves the run that everyone is panicking about. And the jets ran away from faneca ie to the right by almost a 2:1 margin and run blocking is reportedly Vlads strong suit.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    This guy is our week 1 starter at LG. It's the best spot on offense to start a rookie.

There's only 2 phases of offense, pass and run. He won't be worse than faneca in the passing game, so that only leaves the run that everyone is panicking about. And the jets ran away from faneca ie to the right by almost a 2:1 margin and run blocking is reportedly Vlads strong suit.
    they ran away from faneca because he pulled and blocked down in the hole. He was a great pulling guard. Teams had to deal with mangold and moore, or moore and woody, with faneca pulling and richardson at fb before they could get to tj. that is why we ran to the right.

Hopefully Vlad can pull and block down as well. I hear he has good feet, but he is a lot bigger that faneca. we will see...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Vlad Ducasse starts at LG in 2010, i can believe it LL. count me in on that bandwagon.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post

ran away from Faneca? What are you talking about? The dominating runs to the right went behind Faneca when he pulled to the right between Mangold and Moore or between Woody and Moore. The lion's share of those huge runs right were because of Faneca.

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    ran away from Faneca? What are you talking about? The dominating runs to the right went behind Faneca when he pulled to the right between Mangold and Moore or between Woody and Moore. The lion's share of those huge runs right were because of Faneca.
    That's what he is saying - they ran away from the left side (faneca's position); then Faneca would be in the hole, followed by TRich and TJ.