Thread: New York Jets coach Rex Ryan is concerned about winning games

All League

Post New York Jets coach Rex Ryan is concerned about winning games

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2010/05/14/2010-05-14_rex_says_jets_worth_your_money.html

New York Jets coach Rex Ryan is concerned about winning games, not selling personal seat licenses

BY Gary Myers
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER
    Friday, May 14th 2010, 4:00 AM

Even if personal seat licenses drive Jets fans away and create empty seats at home games, Rex Ryan's approach on game day is not going to change.

"I'll be honest with you. I'm there to whip somebody's ---," he told the Daily News Thursday. "So it doesn't matter who's there, who's not there, whatever. I would love to have our stadium full and the fans going crazy and supporting us. That's what you want. I feel it. We felt the energy from those fans."

Will it be disappointing if the Jets are not playing in front of a packed house? "I don't care," Ryan said. "I'm going out there to whip somebody's ---. Home. Away. That's my job. I don't know the finances, people's issues or whatever. I just know that we're going to be a team that you'll want to watch and you'll want to come out. I'm going to say this: Our team over any team in the league - I would think you'd want to watch our team."

Ryan said he "understands these are tough times and all that, but I have great confidence our team is going to give everything we got. I just think we're going to be worth watching."

The Jets have adopted a Super-Bowl-or-bust philosophy with their active offseason, but this is not a question of selling fans on whether Ryan is going to put out a good product. The Jets are going to be one of the Super Bowl favorites going into the season.

It's all about the money.

"Our idea is we're going to make it worth your time, worth your money. That's the type of team we want to put out there," Ryan said. "I'm not a guy that pushes tickets. I'm just saying whoever is in the stadium, it's my job to get them to where they're happy that they went to the game."

He knows he can't tell the fans how to spend their money, but he hopes they buy into his team. "Obviously, we want a butt in every seat," he said. "I want Jets fans, man. Granted, it's easy for me to say, 'Oh yeah, come get it.' I'm not facing the economics. But I know one thing - they're going to be proud to be Jets fans. That's my whole deal. I want to win. I'm committed to it."

Perhaps Ryan can buy up a few of the PSLs.
    Last edited by Jet Blast; 05-14-2010 at 10:12 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    SHOCKING NEWS -- REX RYAN WANTS TO WIN GAMES!!!

Gary Myers

the jackass replacement for Cimini at the NY Daily News

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    SHOCKING NEWS -- REX RYAN WANTS TO WIN GAMES!!!

Gary Myers

the jackass replacement for Cimini at the NY Daily News
    Obviously, I don't find this shocking. But, to be honest, I can't get enough of Rex's brash talk. And so far, he has been backing the tough talk up with results.

As Woody and Mike T. said to each other after Rex's job interview, How could no one have yet hired Rex as a head coach?

Undrafted Free Agent

Man , you gotta love Rex's attitude. The level of confidence he has brought to our team is just what we needed!

Rookie
    "Our team over any team in the league"

All Pro
    Quite honestly what I love about Rex and this current Jet organization is that they have made it FUN again to be a Jet Fan!!! I became a Jet fan when I was just a kid and I feel that JOY and youthful optimism that I felt back at the end of the 1969 when I first fell in Love with the team.

All I can say is No I don't think that Rex is a better HC then say Parcells but one thing I can say is that he makes me believe as I did as I once did and for that I could NEVER Thank him enough!!!!

Moderator VIP Visionary
    I heard from a Miami beat writer that the Jets have taken a step backward.

Hall Of Fame
    Players WANT to play for Rex, and players FEAR playing against him.