Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I heard from a friend that the Jets lowered the per game price for the Coaches Club

Practice Squad

I heard from a friend that the Jets lowered the per game price for the Coaches Club

to $400 a game in an attempt to sell them out. Did anyone else hear this? If so it makes some sense as people are just petrified paying that much per game and if not losing their 30k investment.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by chillster View Post
    to $400 a game in an attempt to sell them out. Did anyone else hear this? If so it makes some sense as people are just petrified paying that much per game and if not losing their 30k investment.
    It's just a teaser to lock people in to the Coaches Club PSL. Those ticket prices, along with the lowered Mezzanine Club Corners will be ones to rise fastest in my opinion. It certainly makes them more appetizing at $400 but who says they won't be at $600 per ticket by 2016?

All League
    I think you most likely got that confused to the Great Hall Club (on the visitor's side). They lowered that to $395 recently due to a lack of interest (the coaches club despite the $700 price tag seems to have sold well).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    It's just a teaser to lock people in to the Coaches Club PSL. Those ticket prices, along with the lowered Mezzanine Club Corners will be ones to rise fastest in my opinion. It certainly makes them more appetizing at $400 but who says they won't be at $600 per ticket by 2016?
    +1.

Exactamundo. This isn't a 1 Year sprint; it's a 30 Year marathon. If the Jets and Giants built their business models around $400 Mezz Club Corners and $600 Coaches Clubs, a 3 or 4 year blip in the economy isn't going to stop them from getting those prices right back up there when corporations purse strings start loosening again for entertainment budgets. They're not going to take a 30 year bath because of a small moment in time when the economy crashed and burned.

Every Average Joe Jets fan that's taking a discounted Club Seat in 2010 is going to be relocated by 2015 or 2017. They can enjoy the price break now, but its not lasting for long on the road to 2040.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    +1.

Exactamundo. This isn't a 1 Year sprint; it's a 30 Year marathon. If the Jets and Giants built their business models around $400 Mezz Club Corners and $600 Coaches Clubs, a 3 or 4 year blip in the economy isn't going to stop them from getting those prices right back up there when corporations purse strings start loosening again for entertainment budgets. They're not going to take a 30 year bath because of a small moment in time when the economy crashed and burned.

Every Average Joe Jets fan that's taking a discounted Club Seat in 2010 is going to be relocated by 2015 or 2017. They can enjoy the price break now, but its not lasting for long on the road to 2040.

SAR I
    IF there are seats available.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    IF there are seats available.
    No chance! Those in the discounted Club's in 2010 will be on the waitlist in 2015. Oh, and it'll cost $500 for the privilege of being on the waitlist, of course.

SAR I

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by newjakecity View Post
    I think you most likely got that confused to the Great Hall Club (on the visitor's side). They lowered that to $395 recently due to a lack of interest (the coaches club despite the $700 price tag seems to have sold well).
    Agree, are we sure this isn't the GHC that is the subject of the reductions?

Hall Of Fame
    definitely confused the reduction in the GHC to 395 with the CC on the Jet side of the field. The Coaches Club from all reports is 90-95 percent sold out at the existing price. Of course it includes the top amenities such as the team walking through your section on the way in at halftime and out for the second half and in at game end and access to the post game coaches press conference plus free eats.

Rookie
    Wait, we can relocate if there are seats available in future seasons?

Might be cool for those of us in LLEZ and Mezz A that couldn't really make up our minds. Maybe mix it up in 5 years or so.

Thumbs down

Guys
    My 4 season seats (of 40 years) are in what is now called the Coaches Club.
    Originally, they offered me them for $20k or $25,000 each (it was so stupid I dont remember which) PLUS $800 per ticket PER GAME including the 2 pre-season games.

I said no after 40 years.

Yesterday they left me a phone message saying they had dropped prices for previous season ticket holders in the Coaches Club area. I will call them back tomorrow and let you all know what they dropped to...B.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    Guys
    Originally, they offered me them for $20k or $25,000 each (it was so stupid I dont remember which) PLUS $800 per ticket PER GAME including the 2 pre-season games.

Yesterday they left me a phone message saying they had dropped prices for previous season ticket holders in the Coaches Club area. I will call them back tomorrow and let you all know what they dropped to...B.
    Any update on this? Thanks.

All Pro
    Guys

Here is a link to the latest price list (under the seating chart):

http://www.newjetsstadium.com/seating-chart.html

The Great Hall Club game day tickets have indeed been reduced to $395 (down from $600, I believe). However the Coaches Club seats remain at $700, same exact price since all this began 21 months ago.

Hall Of Fame
    obviously the phone call was to sell the Great Hall Club which I guess can be described as a "Coaches Club Area" type seat. Only on the visitors side

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Guys
    Ok, who is gonna explain to Baddniss why this is really a good deal.

SAR?

Or is he the riff-raff that's getting cleared out?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    PLUS $800 per ticket PER GAME including the 2 pre-season games.

Madness.

No amount of rationalization from any of the PSL apologists and blatant homers on this site will ever convince me otherwise.

Sorry about your seats, Bad.

How many more like you are out there?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Madness.
    Indeed. Take the money from 2 preseason games and buy yourself a brand new big screen TV to watch the games.

Hall Of Fame
    the only part I don't understand is that with those 40 years of seniority it should have been easy to land upper prime seats in the first four rows, sidelines between the 30's for 125 a game and no PSL.

Obviously few can afford the PSL and gameday costs of the coaches club but these situations have occured in every new building built anywhere in the last 15 years, baseball, football, all sports.

The Jets at least made SOME decent seats available to long time STH with NO PSL costs. The Giants treated their long time fans worse

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    The Giants treated their long time fans worse
    So now we are working on a sliding scale of abuse?

All Pro
    ...no offense to anyone ,seriously but anyone who pays those kinds of prices is out of their cotton-pickin mind...so you can subsidize some billionaire who wanted a shiney new stadium...they've destoyed the Jet stadium fanbase with their financial cleansing...suckers is what people are who bought into this...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Indeed. Take the money from 2 preseason games and buy yourself a brand new big screen TV to watch the games.
    At some point you have to ask yourself if you're being taken for a chump.

PSLs and hundred-plus-tickets

Now Revis wants 20 million a season. The numbers are so staggering we fail to realize how ridiculous so look at it like this. Find a million dollar house listed for sale, Revis wants to be able to buy that house after playing one game.

People dumb enough to buy into this crap deserve to be screwed over.