Thread: Our Week 5 matchup against the Vikes just got a lot easier

Hall Of Fame

Our Week 5 matchup against the Vikes just got a lot easier

I couldn't believe how much better the Vikings were as a team last season. The addition of Brett Favre took them right to the upper echelon teams.

However, with all of the reports of Favre retiring now, I can't see us losing against them. With Favre I think that is a probable loss. But without him the Vikings become at best a 9-7 team IMO. I see us winning handily.

Your thoughts?

All Pro
    turn on ESPN.

All League
    farve will be there but it wont matter

Veteran
    i cant wait to see Rex throw out every blitz package known to man going after Favre.. i expect the jets to take 2 picks to the house that day and Favre to fumble once or twice.... i am not being a homer i really think we win that game easy... than will prob lose to a team like the bills!!

Veteran
    favre or no favre they play at Jets Stadium (not like justin tuck thinks). we have the upper hand in our house.

Veteran
    O **** is it yesterday again?

Hall Of Fame
    You know, I should have known better than to post this knowing that Favre changes his mind more often than he changes his underwear.

Well, I guess it's still a decent thread for discussion though. I see the Jets losing this with Favre leading the way. They really scare me. Someone please convince me otherwise?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    You know, I should have known better than to post this knowing that Favre changes his mind more often than he changes his underwear.

Well, I guess it's still a decent thread for discussion though. I see the Jets losing this with Favre leading the way. They really scare me. Someone please convince me otherwise?
    #24 + #31 + #20 = Jets Win.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    #24 + #31 + #20 = Jets Win.
    -#24= Vikings win. Certainly a possibility at this juncture.

our offensive line vs their defensive line will be about as good of a matchup as you'll see in the trenches this year. if we neutralize them up front, our receivers will carve up that secondary.

All Pro
    My thought is hes not retiring until we knock him out for the season. and into retirement for good.....poetic justice

Rookie
    He better not retire. I can't make that game and figure I'll get alot more for my tix if he is playing!!!