View Poll Results: Do you feel Revis will play this season?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • He will holdout all season long.

44 33.33%
  • He will be playing by/in the season opener.

69 52.27%
  • He will come back sometime mid-season.

19 14.39%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you have the same gut feeling?

Rookie

Do you have the same gut feeling?

Do you think Revis will holdout all season long just like woodys gut says? or do you think he will be playing in the season opener? or sometime later during the season?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I think he will be in before the Ravens game and maybe for the last 2 preseason games..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Revis will be playing by the Ravens game. I'm very sure of it. If anyone wants to put some money on it, I'm game....probably up to $1k.

Practice Squad
    Shortly before or after the last pre-season game. He'll have a full week of practice before Balt.

All League
    I 100% believe Revis is suited up for the Ravens

Banned
    Revis is under some bad influence by the Boys and Leon Washington sealed his fate this season by making him think an injury will ruin his "family".

He's done for the year.

And, we all hate you now Darrelle. Congrats!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I'll believe it when I see it.

What exactly does Revis accomplish by sitting out for a year?

We own his rights for the next 3 years. So unless we trade him (doubtful) or he decides to call it quits, he's not going anywhere anytime soon.

He'll be there in the opener.

He'll be back in time for the opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Schroy48 View Post
    Revis is under some bad influence by the Boys and Leon Washington sealed his fate this season by making him think an injury will ruin his "family".

He's done for the year.

And, we all hate you now Darrelle. Congrats!
    sounds like an easy $1k for you then... just take Crasherino's bet!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    i see this going 2 ways

1) the Jets lose games and Woody caves mid season

2) he never plays in Jets green again.

either way it's a sad sorry state of affairs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SackDancer99 View Post
    sounds like an easy $1k for you then... just take Crasherino's bet!
    But is it guaranteed??

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    i see this going 2 ways

1) the Jets lose games and Woody caves mid season

2) he never plays in Jets green again.

either way it's a sad sorry state of affairs.
    I agree that we will NOT see MEVI$ in Jets Green again. Woody knows that he held out a few years ago and got the exact contract that he wanted plus 11 million up front. Now he wants anothercontract even though the valid contract that he has runs for 3 more years. If Woody caves in now and Mevi$ has another great season, he will want to renegotiate again next year and WOODY knows that he has other TEAM players that need to be signed. Either sign the greedy one and lost valuable TEAM players or trade the greedy one and build the team through high draft picks and multiple ones at that! Or trade the greedy one to Oakland for Asomuaga and a pick. Either way we win! No time for greedy players when there are Super Bowls to be won and it takes a TEAM to do that! Bye, bye greedy one.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    But is it guaranteed??
    Yes, but the "total compensation" is up for debate, but we are willing, we always have been willing, not to say we dont have other concerns with upcoming contracts...but guaranteed, I would have to say yes, but its open to discussion, we are not shutting the door. Its....a......

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I am of the belif that Darelle Revis may not play another game for the NY Jets.

6 games sitting, then traded to the NFC for future draft picks.

Jets have a great year anyway.

Hall Of Fame
    He will come back mid season. Both sides too stubborn until the season gets under way.

All Pro
    If he isn't back by the season opener, no way does he come back mid-season, nor does he play another down as a Jet.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I am of the belif that Darelle Revis may not play another game for the NY Jets.

6 games sitting, then traded to the NFC for future draft picks.

Jets have a great year anyway.
    I don't see him getting traded mid-season. Why give in to him then (unless the Comp is RIDICULOUS) when what you get in return won't be any different.

All Pro
    Revis will be signed by the Eagles preseason game

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    I think he'll have a new deal and be in the starting lineup on opening day, because I refuse to believe any human-being on this planet can be stupid enough to leave 120 Million Dollars on the table and possibly miss two years without making a dime if there is a lockout in 2011, which is a possibility he has to consider.

I think any sane man at some point will say okay, I better grab that 120 Million, work on the guaranteed money, and make that loot while I'm still young enough to make it.

So I'm not necessarily betting on Revis being reasonable here, less greedy, less narcissistic or what have you ... I am simply betting on his sanity.
    Ultimately, I agree. And he simply doesn't seem like the type of guy to shrug off being able to play football for a year simply on some principle that he needs to be the highest paid player. A lot of this success has gone to his head (or so it seems), but he still wants to play ball.

Sitting out this year would put him in the pantheon of most hated players in history and Revis is probably just a guy who likes to play ball.

Again, this would be the most unprecedented hold out in recent history. Logan Mankins who otherwise would have been a FA except for the expiry of the CBA at least has a valid argument (not going into whether who is right or wrong). Revis is looking for something so far away from what is accepted practice in Football, that if he ends up sitting out over this dispute, history will judge him very harshly and I'm sure that's not what he wants.

Hall Of Fame
    I don't have a gut feeling either way.

I don't think there is anyway Woody gives Revis $16 million per over the life of the full contract.

Unless Revis drops his absurd demand then nothing will happen.