Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: will sanchez listen to namath?

Practice Squad

will sanchez listen to namath?

Didnt see this posted anywhere. The whole thing with namath telling schotty, sanchez and the offensive staff about how to position your hands when receiving the snap. Are they going to change the way sanchez positions his hands? Were they just being nice to namath and saying they will try his suggestion just to appease him? I think his suggestion might have been a good one.

Hall Of Fame
    I thought this thread was going to be about Suzy Kolber.

It all depends on whether the coaches agree with Namath or not. If they do they will treat it as a nice tip from a legend. If not they will ignore it and teach him the way they want him to receive the snap.

All Pro
    Maybe if he follows good advise he will stop throwing ints.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    Maybe if he follows good advise he will stop throwing ints.
    Well, Joe as great as he was, threw his share of INTs....Different time and rules, I know

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

It loosk like he was fumbling a lot of snaps out there though

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I thought this thread was going to be about Suzy Kolber.
    It all depends on whether the coaches agree with Namath or not. If they do they will treat it as a nice tip from a legend. If not they will ignore it and teach him the way they want him to receive the snap.
    Suzy would have Sex with the Mex..

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdav 28 View Post
    It loosk like he was fumbling a lot of snaps out there though
    $hit, I didn't see them, too focused, on D. I will watch again....

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    $hit, I didn't see them, too focused, on D. I will watch again....
    yeah watch again, there was a few. The Jets staff and Sanchez seemed very uninterested in Namath's advice, anyone notice that lol?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by mdav 28 View Post
    Were they just being nice to namath and saying they will try his suggestion just to appease him?
    This.

All League
    I hope he doesn't take his advice on fashion.

Joe, we love you, but can you try NOT to pull your shorts up to your nipples.

I rather him not take Namath's advice, I want Sanchez being a better QB than Namath was.

He had a career 65 QB rating, 173 TD 220 INTs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gholstons Revenge View Post
    yeah watch again, there was a few. The Jets staff and Sanchez seemed very uninterested in Namath's advice, anyone notice that lol?

The look on Sanchez' face was one of..."uh huh...yea...ok"

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    I rather him not take Namath's advice, I want Sanchez being a better QB than Namath was.

You can't compare Era's like that.. You have to be a young fan..

All Pro
    It's a shame, because what he was saying was correct. You can even see it in the episode. He states that Sanchez, along with many other QBs nowadays, have a bad habit of dropping their lower hand as they receive the snap. If you watch, you can see that Sanchez has been taught some technique because he starts off the exchange with his thumbs interlocked, but then unlocks them just before the snap. Namath is right, the inconsistency in technique can lead to dropped balls.

Did anyone understand what he was trying to demonstrate with the "little finger to little finger"? Was it that he received the snap with spread hands? Crazy.

Oh, and "God dang it".

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Did anyone understand what he was trying to demonstrate with the "little finger to little finger"? Was it that he received the snap with spread hands? Crazy.
    It's a totally different way of taking the snap but there's no reason why it can't work.

the way everyone does it yes Joe is right if the QB lowers his hand he knocks the ball forward instead of accepting it... on a rainy day that could be the difference between a win and a loss. the QB should be going up with his hands or stay still not going down. Joe was 100% correct but the lesson may have been lost on the young bucks.

Sanchez also had a hand off fumble in that drill... as much as we love Sanch, his experience with inclement weather is limited at best. I don't know if he played in below 50 degree weather before last year.

one last point from that scene on Hard Knocks what a waste of space Matt Cavanaugh is. He sets Joe up for his "all work" joke but really the guy doesn't seem to do eff all.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Sanchez also had a hand off fumble in that drill... as much as we love Sanch, his experience with inclement weather is limited at best. I don't know if he played in below 50 degree weather before last year.
    I thought the fumble on the exchange was more a result of a broken play. He looks to be short-arming the handoff, either because it was meant to be a play-action and the RB was too close, or because it was supposed to be a handoff and either he or the RB were too close to each other and got jammed up.

Still, I think he will be okay in the weather, but yeah, he has limited experience with the late October-December stuff.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Gholstons Revenge View Post
    When Namath went up to Schotty about it, Schotty gave him a very dismissive "okay, okay". Namath did come off sort of...annoying, even though he was right with what he was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post

A lot of those negative stats had to do with going under the knife(lol literally) for something like 7+ Neanderthal knee operations, to repair ligament and cartilage damage, that seriously hampered his throwing mechanics. Namath's throws were all arm with no legs behind it.

Those operations were crude when compared to the minimal invasive procedures of today.

Hall Of Fame
    I've decided to let Schotty handle how the Sanchize takes snaps and let Joe worry about pulling his shorts down and getting his poor kid out of a torrential rain she obviously had ZERO interest in being a part of