Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins Trade Greg Camarillo to Vikings, Revis Not Mentioned

All League

Dolphins Trade Greg Camarillo to Vikings, Revis Not Mentioned

per PFT twitter.

ProFootballTalk

Vikings trade for Dolphins WR Greg Camarillo, per league source . . . Story coming at PFT

Veteran
    Good receiver solid pick up for the Vikes

Banned
    So... Marshall, Bess, Hartline?

lolz

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Unless Miami got a player in return I don't see how this makes them better this season.

All League
    PFT
    Compensation is not yet known. It's believed to be a cornerback, possibly Benny Sapp.

He didn't drop a single pass last year. I think it was against the Falcons when he caught a pass with his leg. He's a good player to have around. With Rice out, he should help balance out their receiving corps. He was probably the most expendable guy with some trade value in our WR corps. Marlon Moore, Roberto Wallace, and even our version of Joe McKnight Patrick Turner have shown flashes in the preseason. Marshall's the #1, Hartline #2, Bess in the slot, and one of those three will be the #4. Plus we got receiving TE David Martin back. I'll still be rooting for Camarillo though. Hopefully, Favre will help him put up some numbers or get him a ring.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CW_McGraw View Post
    He didn't drop a single pass last year. I think it was against the Falcons when he caught a pass with his leg. He's a good player to have around. With Rice out, he should help balance out their receiving corps. He was probably the most expendable guy with some trade value in our WR corps. Marlon Moore, Roberto Wallace, and even our version of Joe McKnight Patrick Turner have shown flashes in the preseason. Marshall's the #1, Hartline #2, Bess in the slot, and one of those three will be the #4. Plus we got receiving TE David Martin back. I'll still be rooting for Camarillo though. Hopefully, Favre will help him put up some numbers or get him a ring.
    So you feel good about your receivers?

lolz

lolz

lolz

Hall Of Fame
    Dolphins WR core is fine, I just don't get why they made this deal Camarillo looked pretty decent when he got a shot, and Benny Sapp sucks.

Veteran
    Wait, I'm confused - what does this have to do with Darelle Revis?

All League
    looks like it is Sapp...

UPDATE (1:15 p.m.): Benny Sapp's agent, Andy Simms, confirms on his Twitter page that Sapp is the one who will be sent to Miami in exchange for Camarillo.

Hall Of Fame
    I thought they already had the best CBs in the league....

Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    So you feel good about your receivers?

lolz

lolz

lolz
    Yes. The loss of Greg Camarillo would seriously trouble me had we not went out and picked up Brandon Marshall, but we have a pretty complete set of WRs. David Martin, who was a weapon back in 2008, is basically a WR/TE and is coming back. If Anthony Fasano gets back to 2008 form, that'd be even more gravy. Just out curiosity, how many decent WRs does a team need in order for the fans to be able to feel good about that position?

If it's just for Benny Sapp, I'm kinda curious why we made the deal as well. My guess is that it means that the Dolphins lack confidence in Will Allen coming back from injury

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Unless Miami got a player in return I don't see how this makes them better this season.
    they where not gonna be better to begin with really... realisticly i only see them winning eight games at best...

Hall Of Fame
    Dollfish fans are almost as delusional as Pasts* fans!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    they where not gonna be better to begin with really... realisticly i only see them winning eight games at best...
    +1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CW_McGraw View Post
    Yes. The loss of Greg Camarillo would seriously trouble me had we not went out and picked up Brandon Marshall, but we have a pretty complete set of WRs. David Martin, who was a weapon back in 2008, is basically a WR/TE and is coming back. If Anthony Fasano gets back to 2008 form, that'd be even more gravy. Just out curiosity, how many decent WRs does a team need in order for the fans to be able to feel good about that position?

If it's just for Benny Sapp, I'm kinda curious why we made the deal as well. My guess is that it means that the Dolphins lack confidence in Will Allen coming back from injury
    Your #1 receiver is of the possession variety.

Your homerun threat never panned out and is now gone.

Brian Hartline isn't really anything spectacular. And just recently Ronnie Browned and Channing Crowdered his pickup on I 95.

I like Bess, if that makes you feel any better but he's not even as good as Cotchery.

Basically, you have a bunch of question marks behind Marshall, who is brand new to the offense and has hip issues in his mid 20's...

Should be fun to watch Fin fans pretend their team is young and up and coming.

All Pro
    Is CW McGraw really DWC2?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Dollfish fans are almost as delusional as Pasts* fans!
    Why shouldn't they be?

They swept us last year.

All Pro
    They traded their 4th wr. Not going to affect them in any way. it would be like us trading david clowny. Really not gonna make a difference.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    Why shouldn't they be?

They swept us last year.
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO