Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: Dolphins Trade Greg Camarillo to Vikings, Revis Not Mentioned

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    3,144

    Dolphins Trade Greg Camarillo to Vikings, Revis Not Mentioned

    per PFT twitter.

    ProFootballTalk

    Vikings trade for Dolphins WR Greg Camarillo, per league source . . . Story coming at PFT

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ithaca College by way of New Jersey
    Posts
    2,002
    Good receiver solid pick up for the Vikes

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,481
    So... Marshall, Bess, Hartline?

    lolz

  4. #4
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,261
    Unless Miami got a player in return I don't see how this makes them better this season.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    4,000
    PFT
    Compensation is not yet known. It's believed to be a cornerback, possibly Benny Sapp.

  6. #6
    He didn't drop a single pass last year. I think it was against the Falcons when he caught a pass with his leg. He's a good player to have around. With Rice out, he should help balance out their receiving corps. He was probably the most expendable guy with some trade value in our WR corps. Marlon Moore, Roberto Wallace, and even our version of Joe McKnight Patrick Turner have shown flashes in the preseason. Marshall's the #1, Hartline #2, Bess in the slot, and one of those three will be the #4. Plus we got receiving TE David Martin back. I'll still be rooting for Camarillo though. Hopefully, Favre will help him put up some numbers or get him a ring.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,481
    Quote Originally Posted by CW_McGraw View Post
    He didn't drop a single pass last year. I think it was against the Falcons when he caught a pass with his leg. He's a good player to have around. With Rice out, he should help balance out their receiving corps. He was probably the most expendable guy with some trade value in our WR corps. Marlon Moore, Roberto Wallace, and even our version of Joe McKnight Patrick Turner have shown flashes in the preseason. Marshall's the #1, Hartline #2, Bess in the slot, and one of those three will be the #4. Plus we got receiving TE David Martin back. I'll still be rooting for Camarillo though. Hopefully, Favre will help him put up some numbers or get him a ring.
    So you feel good about your receivers?

    lolz

    lolz

    lolz

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,349
    Dolphins WR core is fine, I just don't get why they made this deal Camarillo looked pretty decent when he got a shot, and Benny Sapp sucks.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,426
    Wait, I'm confused - what does this have to do with Darelle Revis?

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Floral Park, NY
    Posts
    2,949
    looks like it is Sapp...

    UPDATE (1:15 p.m.): Benny Sapp's agent, Andy Simms, confirms on his Twitter page that Sapp is the one who will be sent to Miami in exchange for Camarillo.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,532
    I thought they already had the best CBs in the league....

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    So you feel good about your receivers?

    lolz

    lolz

    lolz
    Yes. The loss of Greg Camarillo would seriously trouble me had we not went out and picked up Brandon Marshall, but we have a pretty complete set of WRs. David Martin, who was a weapon back in 2008, is basically a WR/TE and is coming back. If Anthony Fasano gets back to 2008 form, that'd be even more gravy. Just out curiosity, how many decent WRs does a team need in order for the fans to be able to feel good about that position?

    If it's just for Benny Sapp, I'm kinda curious why we made the deal as well. My guess is that it means that the Dolphins lack confidence in Will Allen coming back from injury

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    cape coral fl.
    Posts
    2,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Unless Miami got a player in return I don't see how this makes them better this season.
    they where not gonna be better to begin with really... realisticly i only see them winning eight games at best...

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Not Scout
    Posts
    14,807
    Dollfish fans are almost as delusional as Pasts* fans!

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Not Scout
    Posts
    14,807
    Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    they where not gonna be better to begin with really... realisticly i only see them winning eight games at best...
    +1

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,481
    Quote Originally Posted by CW_McGraw View Post
    Yes. The loss of Greg Camarillo would seriously trouble me had we not went out and picked up Brandon Marshall, but we have a pretty complete set of WRs. David Martin, who was a weapon back in 2008, is basically a WR/TE and is coming back. If Anthony Fasano gets back to 2008 form, that'd be even more gravy. Just out curiosity, how many decent WRs does a team need in order for the fans to be able to feel good about that position?

    If it's just for Benny Sapp, I'm kinda curious why we made the deal as well. My guess is that it means that the Dolphins lack confidence in Will Allen coming back from injury
    Your #1 receiver is of the possession variety.

    Your homerun threat never panned out and is now gone.

    Brian Hartline isn't really anything spectacular. And just recently Ronnie Browned and Channing Crowdered his pickup on I 95.

    I like Bess, if that makes you feel any better but he's not even as good as Cotchery.

    Basically, you have a bunch of question marks behind Marshall, who is brand new to the offense and has hip issues in his mid 20's...

    Should be fun to watch Fin fans pretend their team is young and up and coming.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,395
    Is CW McGraw really DWC2?

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,472
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Dollfish fans are almost as delusional as Pasts* fans!
    Why shouldn't they be?

    They swept us last year.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    9,148
    They traded their 4th wr. Not going to affect them in any way. it would be like us trading david clowny. Really not gonna make a difference.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    Why shouldn't they be?

    They swept us last year.
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us