Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I think the Players are on Managements side

All League

I think the Players are on Managements side

Whenever I hear guys like Mangold, Dbrick and Harris get interviewed they are asked why did you choose to play instead of hold out and they all say that it was important for them to be with the team.

Normally when someone like Revis holds out you hear the guys deflect questions like that and avoid even indirectly attacking the player holding out. But I am starting to sense some resentment from the players. These guys seem proud of the way they handled themselves. Even Harris seems ok with NOT getting paid.

Hopefully this is eating Revis up inside.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Whenever I hear guys like Mangold, Dbrick and Harris get interviewed they are asked why did you choose to play instead of hold out and they all say that it was important for them to be with the team.

Normally when someone like Revis holds out you hear the guys deflect questions like that and avoid even indirectly attacking the player holding out. But I am starting to sense some resentment from the players. These guys seem proud of the way they handled themselves. Even Harris seems ok with NOT getting paid.

+1.....The real leaders on the Jets!!

Veteran
    i have said it before, Revis at this point has regret he did this holdout move. There is no way if or when this guy comes back to the locker room he will be viewed the same way. when the team is hustling out there, some guys don't have contracts, some with contracts ending and you as a player (Revis) have 3 years left and biatching you want a new contract, most players will consider this greed even if they don't say it upfront. he will definitely regrets this day.

All League

misleading thread title..

his teammates might be PO but you didn't bring anything to the table but what you "sense" to back it up..

ps, i also hope this is eating revis up inside..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by J.E.T.Sfan4life View Post
    i have said it before, Revis at this point has regret he did this holdout move. There is no way if or when this guy comes back to the locker room he will be viewed the same way. when the team is hustling out there, some guys don't have contracts, some with contracts ending and you as a player (Revis) have 3 years left and biatching you want a new contract, most players will consider this greed even if they don't say it upfront. he will definitely regrets this day.
    i don't think he cares. I just think he wants $$$

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

No it's not.. Keller,Clowney,JT,Cotch and many others have foundations to help others..Revis cares about Revis you have to be blind not to see that.. Money is Revis's God and he has it hid on Diva's Island..

Undrafted Free Agent

Probably not

Let's see how he is doing in 4 years

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I just think he wants $$$
    i suppose he is trying to start that record label with his rapper friend kid kazoom (or whatever his name is)

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    No it's not.. Keller,Clowney,JT,Cotch and many others have foundations to help others..Revis cares about Revis you have to be blind not to see that.. Money is Revis's God and he has it hid on Diva's Island..
    it's hard to disagree at this point..

but since nobody roots for the team more than you do, clearly you understand getting this done at the right price is in our best interest..

All League
    Revis regrets nothing, he could care what anyone thinks. He wants the money regardless that one player does not a team make.

All League
    Players will always talk the good talk about 'this is a business blah, blah' and they understand that a player has to 'do what they have to do' blah blah...

But deep inside, they know...they know what is going on.

Pre-season? No one cares...but when the season starts, and the games count, the players care. They know who is there, who was there and who is part of the team.

Think that the Jets players don't know what Revis was to make and walked away from? Laughable.

Revis has a few days to make this right...and NO ONE other than Revis can do it.

All Pro
    Eating him up inside..... Hahahahahahahahahaha
    he will be laughing all tue way to the bank when he gets his monster deal

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Revis regrets nothing, he could care what anyone thinks. He wants the money regardless that one player does not a team make.
    and i think that's where he makes a big mistake, Revis is no longer welcome in that locker room. believe that!

quote from USA TODAY Now happy and well-paid, Nick Mangold is the Jets' anti-Revis " Mangold's teammates eventually noticed, even as Revis, the Jets' Pro Bowl cornerback, continued his protracted freeze with management.

"He treated it like a professional," says Jets guard Brandon Moore. "He could have easily made a stink about it. A lot of guys didn't even know it was an issue. I think that is a testament of how professional he is."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...p-report_N.htm
    Last edited by J.E.T.Sfan4life; 09-02-2010 at 11:18 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    I agree. Revis is a football mercenary. He'd play for the highest bidder if he could.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81 View Post
    Players will always talk the good talk about 'this is a business blah, blah' and they understand that a player has to 'do what they have to do' blah blah...

But deep inside, they know...they know what is going on.

Pre-season? No one cares...but when the season starts, and the games count, the players care. They know who is there, who was there and who is part of the team.

Think that the Jets players don't know what Revis was to make and walked away from? Laughable.

Revis has a few days to make this right...and NO ONE other than Revis can do it.
    yeah..

he's a grown effing man who is about to potentially flush his prime years down the crapper..

if i ran the jets, as much as i love his talent, i would sit his a** with no pay for the next four years..

he's worth more to us than anything we could get back in any foreseeable trade..

That's what i'd do as well. Sit his a**

JetsInsider.com Legend
    money talks and the other stuff walks.

professionalism
    legacy

whatever. it doesn't win games

rare talent wins games. pay this man. pay him for what he did and what he will do.

i dont give a rats ass if they have to field a team of Revis, Mangold, Brick and 40 ray ventrones and danny woodheads. they are still better off with him than without him.

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    money talks and the other stuff walks.

professionalism
    legacy

whatever. it doesn't win games

rare talent wins games. pay this man. pay him for what he did and what he will do.

i dont give a rats ass if they have to field a team of Revis, Mangold, Brick and 40 ray ventrones and danny woodheads. they are still better off with him than without him.
    What a simplistic and short-sighted post. Paying Revis what he wants might have good short term effects, but it's bad bussiness and no way to run an organization for the long term.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardTodd27 View Post
    What a simplistic and short-sighted post. Paying Revis what he wants might have good short term effects, but it's bad bussiness and no way to run an organization for the long term.
    i thought winning a super bowl would be good for business.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by J.E.T.Sfan4life View Post
    Some of the people on this board need a reality check.
    Last year Revis was a SHUTDOWN corner. The way he competes and plays belies ALL the negative comments. There's no way to know, but I bet he's getting the same feeling I am. this is NOT a Super Bowl team.

So if you're not going to Win, why play for dollars less than your worth?