Thread: This kid Matt Kroul has put on 20 pounds...

This kid Matt Kroul has put on 20 pounds...

He's going 6.3 300 these days and he came in weighing 280, has been in the program now 2 years, he's another DeVito in the making. Feel bad for Pitoitua but this guy Kroul makes up for it, he's been very active all preseason.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    He's going 6.3 300 these days and he came in weighing 280, has been in the program now 2 years, he's another DeVito in the making. Feel bad for Pitoitua but this guy Kroul makes up for it, he's been very active all preseason.
    Good for Kroul. A 34 defense needs pluggers like him...guys that like to get their noses dirty. I'm psyched to see this defense in action!

This kid was impressive, I think he will fill out.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    he's also the dude who started alot of the fights in preseason, could be the rob turner of the defense

the Jets have done a very good job developing DL talent.

If Kroul becomes as good as Devito that would be great. We'll see if they go after a veteran cut DL or just keep Kroul.

They were planning on Ropati Pitoitua being the 6th guy, haven't heard much on Kroul as to how the Jets feel about him, I know they liked Pit, too bad he went down.

Agree, very similar to Devito.

Rex has always liked Kroul a little bit and the guy is getting better. Certainly adding the weight/muscle helps as well.

Another year of redshirting and getting in the occasional game will do him a ton of good.

The nose tackle also has some ability as well.

All League
    Like kroul as well. He is a tough kid and a little chippy which is a good combination for a backup.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    he's also the dude who started alot of the fights in preseason, could be the rob turner of the defense

the Jets have done a very good job developing DL talent.
    What about Stynkeuhler(sp)? he seens very active and a clone of Kroul. Kroul is a REX favot=rite though. One will go .

Steinkuler (sp) was released earlier today.

All League

That name has me spinning

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Sohn View Post
    Steinkuler (sp) was released earlier today.
    I just call him skunk killer

All League
    already has more sacks than Gholston.

Disclaimer: Yes I know they play different positions....

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    If Kroul becomes as good as Devito that would be great. We'll see if they go after a veteran cut DL or just keep Kroul.

They were planning on Ropati Pitoitua being the 6th guy, haven't heard much on Kroul as to how the Jets feel about him, I know they liked Pit, too bad he went down.
    Kroul had a great game last night.

I would not be surprised to see him making things happen for the defense on the field this season.

Kroulvwas never 6'3'' 280, at his Pro Day he was 6'1'' and change 291

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    What about Stynkeuhler(sp)? he seens very active and a clone of Kroul. Kroul is a REX favot=rite though. One will go .
    they brought kroul and stein on in the same UDFA class. Kroul has panned out, Stein hasn't. But i could see them PS'ing Stein again.. or this MTV fellow.